Watch Mac Jones Fall Into Patriot's Lap

4 hours ago, jetswinbaby! said:

It is more likely that Belichik will be out of the league in 4 years...

I always bring this up. Everyone forgets that he's 69. With all the winning he's done, you just have to wonder how motivated he will be to coach well into his 70s. Coaching is a young man's game

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I always bring this up. Everyone forgets that he's 69. With all the winning he's done, you just have to wonder how motivated he will be to coach well into his 70s. Coaching is a young man's game

Not to mention he's a CAREER LOSER without Brady with like 11 different QBs. 

Brady wins a SB the FIRST YEAR without the fraud. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

He needs a few years to pass Shula.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, THE BARON said:

After Trevor Lawrence, I have Mac Jones rated as the second best QB prospect in the draft.  

I have a feeling he's going to wind up landing right in Belichick's lap.

Would that not just be sooo much like the Jets and the Pats ???

The Jets take Zac Wilson at 2'nd overall and he's out of the league in four years.

Mac Jones lands at the 15th spot with the Patriots, is out of the starting gate quickly and wins a Super Bowl before his rookie contract is up.

Wanna bet ?

guy looked like doodoo at his pro day.....if you can't look good in shorts on a scripted workout then good luck. dude is gonna bomb out. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

22 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Zero worries with the Pats getting Jones, the Pats and Belichick were all about Brady.  Mac jones may turn out to be good but he's not going to be the best QB of all time such Belichick relied on to win games

The one thing is Jones won’t be Brady, not even close, but he’s way better than clowns like Hoyer, Mallett and Stidham.  He’s also going to be better than a way past his prime Cam

Pats are just another team now guys , I get it , they are in our division but stop buying into the media hype . Dynasty is over , look at the 80s Islanders , the 90s Bulls, the Yankees after Jeter and co retired , it’s over , yea they’ll have some good years like everyone else but they are literally just another team. Don’t let the media make you believe the Pats can make gold nuggets out of turds.Mac Jones was not a steal he was a reach . IMO at 15 he may have been the worst pick in the first round , he sucks . Pats are done . 

• Upvote 3

Let the cheating begin. He has that toolbag New England look already going for him, he should fit flawlessly into Constipated Bill's School of Cheating. Who needs a clipboard when you can filch opponents' game plans for Uncle Ernie in a team issued duffel bag.

220px-Mac_Jones_One_UA.jpg

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

I don't get the fear many of you have of the Pats. Brady WAS that dynasty. Belichick was just riding his coattails. If you need proof, just look at what happened last year. Belichick had a losing season, while Brady won another Super Bowl.

Belichick has 6 losing seasons in 8 years as a HC without Brady.  His line playoff appearance was a wild card berth, his lone playoff win was a wild card win at home(in the days when wild card teams were able to be the home team in the wild card round).

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, neckdemon said:

guy looked like doodoo at his pro day.....if you can't look good in shorts on a scripted workout then good luck. dude is gonna bomb out. 

Pro Day ??? Was there a real game going on ???

When there were actual games going on, his numbers for 2020 read like this:

Games Played: 13

Completion Percentage: 77.4 %

Total Yards: 4,500

TDs: 41

Int: 3

QB Rating: 203

Jones may very well wind up being the best passer out of the 2021 QB draft class. 

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

Belichick has 6 losing seasons in 8 years as a HC without Brady.  His line playoff appearance was a wild card berth, his lone playoff win was a wild card win at home(in the days when wild card teams were able to be the home team in the wild card round).

I think he’s 11 games under .500 without Brady.  

Great defensive coordinator.  Maybe best ever but without Brady he has Al Groh’s head coaching career

14 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Pro Day ??? Was there a real game going on ???

When there were actual games going on, his numbers for 2020 read like this:

Games Played: 13

Completion Percentage: 77.4 %

Total Yards: 4,500

TDs: 41

Int: 3

QB Rating: 203

Jones may very well wind up being the best passer out of the 2021 QB draft class. 

Best oline, 2 1st round receivers and a 1st rd rb. He was good when surrounded by a tram that was just head and shoulders better than the rest. He is not mobile and couldn't even be accurate under no pressure in shorts. He is gonna bust and your qb evaluation skills are a bust as well

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

I think he’s 11 games under .500 without Brady.  

Great defensive coordinator.  Maybe best ever but without Brady he has Al Groh’s head coaching career

A tad overrated as a DC too.  He was lucky to have the best D player of all time in LT but without him his D record has been spotty including tons of chokes in big games.

With LT as DC from 1985-1990:

Avg D ranking was 4.8

Without LT:

Avg D ranking 

Cle 91-95: 15

NYJ 97-99: 17

NE 00-20: 16

Overall without LT: 16

28 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

Best oline, 2 1st round receivers and a 1st rd rb. He was good when surrounded by a tram that was just head and shoulders better than the rest. He is not mobile and couldn't even be accurate under no pressure in shorts. He is gonna bust and your qb evaluation skills are a bust as well

You'll be OK... I promise.  

• 7 months later...
On 4/29/2021 at 3:56 PM, THE BARON said:

After Trevor Lawrence, I have Mac Jones rated as the second best QB prospect in the draft.  

The Jets take Zac Wilson at 2'nd overall and he's out of the league in four years.

Mac Jones lands at the 15th spot with the Patriots, is out of the starting gate quickly and wins a Super Bowl before his rookie contract is up.

Wanna bet ?

11 downvotes for this. I was -- and remain at the time of this writing -- the only upvote. Let's change that in a major way.

Good sir, take a bow.

• Sympathy 2
  • Haha 1

On 4/30/2021 at 4:31 PM, neckdemon said:

And now he has the #11 OL (via PFF), 2 UDFA receivers, and a 3rd round RB and is the best rookie QB and it's not even close. He even got 2 votes for NFL Offensive MVP according to a mid-season expert's poll on CBS Sports.

14 minutes ago, jgb said:

11 downvotes for this. I was -- and remain at the time of this writing -- the only upvote. Let's change that in a major way.

Good sir, take a bow.

don’t you think “taking a bow” after 12 games is a bit . . . Premature?

For example, if we bumped a similar thread 12 games into Baker Mayfield’s career (when people thought he was taking the league by storm) and then bumped it again today, wouldn’t the whole thing look a little . . . silly? 

On 4/29/2021 at 9:56 AM, THE BARON said:

Wanna bet ?

Are you from the future?

• Haha 2