Watch Mac Jones Fall Into Patriot's Lap

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

don’t you think “taking a bow” after 12 games is a bit . . . Premature?

When the opposition needed no games to call him a limited product of a great Alabama team who would suck in the NFL? No. No, I do not.

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

For example, if we bumped a similar thread 12 games into Baker Mayfield’s career (when people thought he was taking the league by storm) and then bumped it again today, wouldn’t the whole thing look a little . . . silly? 

Feel free to re-bump and mock. Welcome to the Internet.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Are you from the future?

You too can predict and profit from the future. Post two opposite opinions, whichever gets the most downvotes here, bet on it heavily. Been begging for JN to add a stock trading forum.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, jgb said:

When the opposition needed no games to call him a limited product of a great Alabama team who would suck in the NFL? No. No, I do not.

Feel free to re-bump and mock. Welcome to the Internet.

Hmmm I don’t see the point in bumping this 12 games into his career, but ok 

Pats are just another team now guys , I get it , they are in our division but stop buying into the media hype . Dynasty is over , look at the 80s Islanders , the 90s Bulls, the Yankees after Jeter and co retired , it’s over , yea they’ll have some good years like everyone else but they are literally just another team. Don’t let the media make you believe the Pats can make gold nuggets out of turds.Mac Jones was not a steal he was a reach . IMO at 15 he may have been the worst pick in the first round , he sucks . Pats are done . 

Please share your thoughts on Zach Wilson, thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

33 minutes ago, jgb said:

11 downvotes for this. I was -- and remain at the time of this writing -- the only upvote. Let's change that in a major way.

Good sir, take a bow.

Thank you for the reference. MUCH appreciated.  I wish it didn't play out the way we both expected, but these are the Jets.  

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

On 4/29/2021 at 2:31 PM, TokyoJetsFan said:

Side note..Henry Hill was a Jets fan and used to come to the LA and sometimes San Diego Jets fan meetups to watch the games.  Drank with him a few times.  He had some great stories about hanging out with Joe Namath ...don’t know if he was lying, but the guy was entertaining.

Oh Henry boy

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

The Jets win their third game of the season and this place is a miserable dump all week bringing up whatever you can dream up to be miserable. I sincerely hate every last one of you. Except for @The Gooch. The Gooch is cool.

I agree. It's a shame that so many hate our OL, weaponz, coaching staff, and front office. It's sad that I constantly have to defend like 99 guys who are being dragged down by 1. We are 1 piece away from a good team, guys. Not 99. This is good news.

1 hour ago, heymangold said:

undercover Pats fans loving digging up all these old threads about Mac.  he'd be terrible here. 

Why do you guys insist a player who was recruited by, started for, and succeeded with the best program in the nation, in the toughest conference and who is playing very well right now wouldn’t play better than a kid whose only good year was at BYU playing a ragtag schedule?

The fact that the Wilson is struggling has no correlation to the success Jones might have. I could make a way stronger case that after watching Jones play in NE, he’d be a perfect fit for the offense the Jets are running. There is no way you can say the same for Wilson yet.

But keep doing the lazy, redundant thing homers do when comparing one of our struggling picks to another team’s who is having success, but then ask yourself this question…

Why did we even bother drafting a QB if you don’t think the best in class could have succeeded here?

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

The Jets win their third game of the season and this place is a miserable dump all week bringing up whatever you can dream up to be miserable. I sincerely hate every last one of you. Except for @The Gooch. The Gooch is cool.

Excellent post.

I can’t wait until we find a QB, and all these guys finally stop complaining about everything else.

There are some pretty good young pieces being added to this team. I’m starting to think we are ready to turn a corner here. If we had someone to run the offense competently, I think people would realize that.

• Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Excellent post.

I can’t wait until we find a QB, and all these guys finally stop complaining about everything else.

There are some pretty good young pieces being added to this team. I’m starting to think we are ready to turn a corner here.

Great post. The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was to convince fans who blame an entire team, coaches, front office, ownership, the media and other fans for the failings for a young QB that they are the optimistic ones!

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Why do you guys insist a player who was recruited by, started for, and succeeded with the best program in the nation, in the toughest conference and who is playing very well right now wouldn’t play better than a kid whose only good year was at BYU playing a ragtag schedule.

The fact that the Wilson is struggling has no correlation to the success Jones might have. I could make a way stronger case that after watching Jones play in NE, he’d be a perfect fit for the offense the Jets are running. There is no way you can say the same for Wilson yet.

But keep doing the lazy, redundant thing homers do when comparing one of our struggling picks to another team’s who is having success, but then ask yourself this question…

Why did we even bother drafting a QB if you don’t think the best in class wouldn’t have succeeded here?

there's been tons of CFB QB's that have been recruited by, started for and succeeded at the best programs in the nation that came to the NFL and were flops.  From alabama, McCarron and McElroy were terrible.  Tua and Hurts aren't blowing peoples doors off.

i think its pretty unanimous that jones wouldn't have the success here that he is having in new england.  the jets don't have the coaching, culture and to be frank, the supporting cast he has in new england.  i don't find it to be lazy at all saying he wouldn't be as good here.  

7 minutes ago, heymangold said:

there's been tons of CFB QB's that have been recruited by, started for and succeeded at the best programs in the nation that came to the NFL and were flops.  From alabama, McCarron and McElroy were terrible.  Tua and Hurts aren't blowing peoples doors off.

i think its pretty unanimous that jones wouldn't have the success here that he is having in new england.  the jets don't have the coaching, culture and to be frank, the supporting cast he has in new england.  i don't find it to be lazy at all saying he wouldn't be as good here.  

Pats OL is ranked #11 on PFF. The Jets are #15.

Mac Jones' top two receivers are UDFAs. His RB is a 3rd rounder.

Zach's top two receivers are a 1st rounder and a 2nd rounder. His RB is a 4rd rounder.

This "supporting cast" stuff is ridic. Why does believing in Zach Wilson require a pessimistic and hateful dump on everything else about the team?

4 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

i have no idea what you're talking about.

I was agreeing that it's sad so many insist on taking a steamer on the entire Jets team and organization after a win just to defend 1 over-his-head rookie QB.

Let's embrace the positive, people!

Just now, jgb said:

His OL is ranked #11 on PFF. The Jets are #15.

Mac Jones' top two receivers are UDFAs. His RB is a 3rd rounder.

Zach's top two receivers are a 1st rounder and a 2nd rounder. His RB is a 4rd rounder.

This "supporting cast" stuff is ridic. Why does believing in Zach Wilson require a pessimistic and hateful dump on everything else about the team?

you can go by draft position if you'd like but it contradicts your statements.  zach was the #2 pick while mac was 15.  by your argument the higher drafted player should be better. 

i disliked the davis and cole signings when they were made - they aren't good players.  davis has been regarded a 1st round bust by many.

the pats have (arguably) 3 better RBs then any Jets 1.  carter has show flashes but has a 3.9 YPC

the bills went out and got a top 5 WR for josh allen when they traded for stefon diggs and look at the leap he made.  they invested in the OL and have 2 solid RBs.  the supporting cast matters for every QB in history, save Tom Brady.

4 minutes ago, heymangold said:

Sorry, I do. I think it’s a very lazy view (not just by you) for all the reasons I described a few minutes ago.

3 minutes ago, heymangold said:

you can go by draft position if you'd like but it contradicts your statements.  zach was the #2 pick while mac was 15.  by your argument the higher drafted player should be better. 

i disliked the davis and cole signings when they were made - they aren't good players.  davis has been regarded a 1st round bust by many.

the pats have (arguably) 3 better RBs then any Jets 1.  carter has show flashes but has a 3.9 YPC

the bills went out and got a top 5 WR for josh allen when they traded for stefon diggs and look at the leap he made.  they invested in the OL and have 2 solid RBs.  the supporting cast matters for every QB in history, save Tom Brady.

Query me this. Which is a better group:

• Kendrick Bourne, Jakobi Meyers, Damien Harris
  • Corey Davis, Elijah Moore, Michael Carter

1 minute ago, jgb said:

Query me this. Which is a better group:

• Kendrick Bourne, Jakobi Meyers, Damien Harris
  • Corey Davis, Elijah Moore, Michael Carter

like i had said - i don't like davis.  i think he's been terrible throughout his career and has had 1 good season, which happened to be last year.  moore has the potential to be the best WR out of those 4 you've mentioned - but potential is a dead word.  doesn't mean a thing unless you live up to it.

bourne would have been the jets #2 receiver last year.
myers would have been the jets leading receiver last year
harris has ran for a 5.0 Y/A last year.

so if you're going by stats, its the patriots group. 

2 minutes ago, heymangold said:

like i had said - i don't like davis.  i think he's been terrible throughout his career and has had 1 good season, which happened to be last year.  moore has the potential to be the best WR out of those 4 you've mentioned - but potential is a dead word.  doesn't mean a thing unless you live up to it.

bourne would have been the jets #2 receiver last year.
myers would have been the jets leading receiver last year
harris has ran for a 5.0 Y/A last year.

so if you're going by stats, its the patriots group. 

Ok, now go by stats and tell us who is better: Zach Wilson or... everybody.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, jgb said:

You too can predict and profit from the future. Post two opposite opinions, whichever gets the most downvotes here, bet on it heavily. Been begging for JN to add a stock trading forum.

Let me try that out now

Mac Jones sucks and will go nowhere

• Haha 1