Watch Mac Jones Fall Into Patriot's Lap

The guys who think it’s on the CS and not Wilson are all over the place

“The Coaches aren’t running the same offense they did for Mike White.” Zach comes back, plays poorly... “They can’t have him keep running plays White did, gotta let him through deep… it’s what he does best”

”Let’s see how Zach does when HE has LaFleur in the booth!” Ahem. Zach was the one who wanted the OC down on the field with him.

“All he needs is 4 weeks to clear his head and learn the offense. He’ll be fine.” Zach comes back, plays poorly… “He’s rusty after watching”

Is it really that hard to just say “ I’m a Jet fan. I really want this kid to be good, but so far he’s been pretty bad”. I mean, you’re watching the games, you have to see it. It doesn’t mean you dislike the kid, or the team to admit it.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

45 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

The guys who think it’s on the CS and not Wilson are all over the place

“The Coaches aren’t running the same offense they did for Mike White.” Zach comes back, plays poorly... “They can’t have him keep running plays White did, gotta let him through deep… it’s what he does best”

”Let’s see how Zach does when HE has LaFleur in the booth!” Ahem. Zach was the one who wanted the OC down on the field with him.

“All he needs is 4 weeks to clear his head and learn the offense. He’ll be fine.” Zach comes back, plays poorly… “He’s rusty after watching”

Is it really that hard to just say “ I’m a Jet fan. I really want this kid to be good, but so far he’s been pretty bad”. I mean, you’re watching the games, you have to see it. It doesn’t mean you dislike the kid, or the team to admit it.

Defending Zach Wilson means trashing everyone else on the team while calling the Zach skeptics "negative haterz." Time to stick up for our weaponz and OL.

Do you actually think ML was calling the same game he was for White that he called the first 5 games for Zach... I think not, and it's clear. Zach needs to step up and play the same as the other that had success and I agree with that, but last Sunday was the first game that Zach played in that ML called somewhat the same as the games that White, Josh, and Flacco played in. If ML keeps that up, then Zach has to perform, no more excuses. 

Yesssss, LaFleur is sabotaging Zach . Zach is not football smart enough to open the playbook, why is that so hard to comprehend?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, heymangold said:

undercover Pats fans loving digging up all these old threads about Mac.  he'd be terrible here. 

Yes, every good QB would be bad here and every Jets QB is secretly good.  

We certainly all learned our lesson from Sanchez, Geno and Darnold, didn’t we.

And apparently no one was paying attention the last few weeks when 3 trashbag QBs did decently well overall as Jets.

6 hours ago, jgb said:

Defending Zach Wilson means trashing everyone else on the team while calling the Zach skeptics "negative haterz." Time to stick up for our weaponz and OL.

To me when Zach got hurt and the offense took off it was actually a huge positive in my mind...I thought ok this team isn't as far away as I thought Zach is just not ready sit him until the last few games of the season so he can watch and learn and let's see what we have in White...For the Zach fan boys it was almost like a panic they wanted White on the bench as soon as possible and Zach on the field to prove he can throw for 400 yards as well.  Such a bizarre immature thought process...it's also counterproductive.

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, Snell41 said:

Yesssss, LaFleur is sabotaging Zach emoji849.png. Zach is not football smart enough to open the playbook, why is that so hard to comprehend?

@Jetsfan80  You stay out of it lol...

Love your handle, he is one of my favorite players Snell, but I can't disagree with you more on this. I never said ML is sabotaging Zach, and I agree Zach is not playing well, but to say he's not smart enough to open the playbook or comprehend football is just beyond dumb. He may not turn out to be what we expect, case in point, Chris Simms couldn't play football at the NFL level, but it doesn't make him football stupid. Zach may indeed be a bust, but football stupid is not something I would equate with him.

• Haha 1

[mention=5406]Jetsfan80[/mention]  You stay out of it lol...
Love your handle, he is one of my favorite players Snell, but I can't disagree with you more on this. I never said ML is sabotaging Zach, and I agree Zach is not playing well, but to say he's not smart enough to open the playbook or comprehend football is just beyond dumb. He may not turn out to be what we expect, case in point, Chris Simms couldn't play football at the NFL level, but it doesn't make him football stupid. Zach may indeed be a bust, but football stupid is not something I would equate with him.

Then explain why LaFleur has to dumb down the playbook so substantially? Or are we back to LaFleur sabotaging him?

Damn. A little over half way through the season and you are batting 1000. For all of our sakes, hopefully you are wrong after year 2. Crossing fingers.

If Zach bust, I will no longer try and pretend to be a scout (f the draft). My top 5 in order were Wilson > Lawrence > Fields > Jones > Lance. I thought all 5 were 1st round QBs and only had doubts about Lance. I was a big fan of Baker the year we took Darnold and thought Josh Allen was terrible. :sad:.

I can see why Chris Ballard doesn't want to draft a QB in the first round. In 2018, the best QB was the raw prospect with a cannon of arm who was throwing the ball 5 yards away from his target that was just 10 yards away. In 2021, it seems like the best QB is going to be the slow guy with the weakest arm (or the equivalent of Josh Rosen from the 2018 draft - although Rosen has a pretty good arm). WTF.

3 hours ago, Snell41 said:

Then explain why LaFleur has to dumb down the playbook so substantially? Or are we back to LaFleur sabotaging him?

It's a question I think you'll have to ask ML... As for the playbook, I'm not sure why if they decided to start Zach from day one, they wouldn't have given him the same opportunities from day one instead of Run, Run, Pass when clearly the OL wasn't ready either. Again, I'm not saying it's not on Zach, but I explained myself in another thread. The kid got shell shocked the first game, and didn't recover because the same thing happened basically 3 games in a row. 

2 minutes ago, 68JET11 said:

It's a question I think you'll have to ask ML... As for the playbook, I'm not sure why if they decided to start Zach from day one, they wouldn't have given him the same opportunities from day one instead of Run, Run, Pass when clearly the OL wasn't ready either. Again, I'm not saying it's not on Zach, but I explained myself in another thread. The kid got shell shocked the first game, and didn't recover because the same thing happened basically 3 games in a row. 

PTSD

Post Traumatic SOJ Disorder

3 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

PTSD

Post Traumatic SOJ Disorder

I get the preseason is not the regular season, but all through training camp, OTA's and preseason, we didn't see this behavior from Zach. I understand were @Snell41 is coming from and I actually agree with him. I hate when QB's are taken, and are handed the starting job from day one unless they earn it. There was no real competition. He should have been holding the clipboard for a year and soaking the NFL in. If I were ML and I saw what I saw the first 2 games, I would have pulled him then, and made him hold the clipboard, and call the plays into the QB as I went upstairs in the booth. That's what should have happened. 

• Sympathy 1

20 minutes ago, 68JET11 said:

Just finished watching most of Zach's throws in preseason. I know in preseason he was facing vanilla defenses but his accuracy was fine on short/medium throws. In preseason he was a boring QB taking and making easy throws. The ability is there. He's just not processing the game quick enough and it's throwing off everything. Agree that he was just not ready for the speed and complexity of the game once DC's unloaded their full playbook.

• Upvote 1