Does Douglas Have Surprises In Store For The Draft?

1 minute ago, jgb said:

Defense has more holes than offense. A QB above the Dalton-line of play and the talent on the Jets offense will surprise people.

jets are fully invested in drafting the next "franchise" qb-the priority must be to set him up to succeed-give him a better line, an actual real running back and a legit tight end.

If you upgrade the defense at the expense of the offense( a failed strategy the jets have used for a decade) Wilson sadly will be in trouble

Just now, kmnj said:

jets are fully invested in drafting the next "franchise" qb-the priority must be to set him up to succeed-give him a better line, an actual real running back and a legit tight end.

If you upgrade the defense at the expense of the offense( a failed strategy the jets have used for a decade) Wilson sadly will be in trouble

We have plenty of picks I don't think using #23 on a defense player is tossing Wilson (or whomever) to the wolves.

7 minutes ago, jgb said:

Defense has more holes than offense. A QB above the Dalton-line of play and the talent on the Jets offense will surprise people.

we have three tight ends and all three of them are awful

we have no viable running back-coleman is washed which is why he was let go and he is listed as our number one

our wrs are now I would say avg and ugrade from poor.

our line is poor outside of our number one from last year

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, kmnj said:

we have no viable running back-coleman is washed which is why he was let go and he is listed as our number one

Impossible to judge talent with worst QB in the league touching the ball every snap.

50 minutes ago, kmnj said:

So much wrong here:

1- Tight end will be shored up in the 3rd round by selecting Tommy Tremble

2- Running back will be shored up in rnd 1 or 2 w/ harris, ettienne or williams

3- Davis/Mims/Crowder is a B receiving core with a chance to be an A if Mims blows up like I think he can

2- Oline will be addressed in rnd 1 or 2 and again later in the draft.  It will be MAJORLY upgraded over last year.

Just now, Joe W. Namath said:

So much wrong here:

3- Davis/Mims/Crowder is a B receiving core with a chance to be an A if Mims blows up like I think he can

2- Oline will be addressed in rnd 1 or 2 and again later in the draft.  It will be MAJORLY upgraded over last year.

What's wrong here is that you think we are drafting more then 2 players that will end up as above average starters in one draft.  People get brainwashed every year it's fascinating .

1 hour ago, TheClashFan said:

Not picking Wilson at 2 would be a huge surprise, certainly.

Picking a defensive player at 23 would really surprise and disappoint me. If the best player at that point on their board is a defender, then trade back a few picks if you want "value" at that spot.  For God's sake, jump start an offense around your new QB.

Not taking an OL in the first or second round would really be a bad surprise since he's said how important the OL and DL is.  JD did nothing to improve the OL in free agency, but he did sign a couple of guys to bolster the DL and pass rush.

Last year JD seemed to take a "little bit of everything" approach to the draft. Hopefully this year it is primarily a "build a new offense" draft.

dont be surprised if its a cb or even edge at 23. then back to OL at 34. It makes sense

11 minutes ago, undertow said:

What's wrong here is that you think we are drafting more then 2 players that will end up as above average starters in one draft.  People get brainwashed every year it's fascinating .

So its not possible with 5 picks in the 1st 88 that the jets can get an above average:

rb, tight end and olineman??????????

20 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

So much wrong here:

1+2 wont happen if we draft defense then. I was stating we need to draft all offense BECAUSE our current guys suck