Positional strength and weakness of this draft...

16 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Yeah in my opinion.  Based on looking at players in the draft over the last while and the excellent exercise of being in the JetNation mock draft which forces you to dive deeper into later parts of the draft.  TL;DR!  Read it anyway lazy bastards!

Quarterback:  Very top heavy and a lot of question marks but big potential as well, Lawrence is really good and deserves the #1 selection but he is not generational.  All of the other guys have some great traits paired with serious question marks including the guy we are going to take.  The four guys after Lawrence could be stars or not good.  Bad depth in the draft, after the top 5 guys blech.  Some talking heads are saying this is a great QB draft and better get your guy this year because next year is weak.  Poppycock.  This time last year Wilson, Mac Jones, Trask none were on the radar, Lance on the distant radar.  Next year will be the same a couple guys no one thinks about now will rise up and be awesome prospects.

Running back:  Again top heavy, the top guys Najee Harris, Travis Etienne, Javonte Williams I think are all going to be really good and be immediate impact players.  I see a small mid tier and lousy depth.  There are always a few guys who over perform from later in the draft at RB but this class after the 1st group is meh to me.

Wide Receiver: Many disagree with  me on this one but once again I see top heavy and weak overall.  Chase and Devonta Smith are going to be awesome, Waddle maybe too.  After that far too many small speed slot guys, will someone turn out to be Tyreek Hill?  Maybe but I just do not see a lot of good 'standard' size/skill wr's in this draft.  Last years draft was far far superior in depth.

Tight End:  Pure awful.  Yes we have the awesome Pitts (who I view as a bit more of a hybrid) and a few functional all around players but really weak overall.  I see very few threat TE's out there and a few possibly good blocking guys.  Just a bad group overall.

Offensive Line:  Terrific oline group this year.  Not as top heavy with 'star' oline as last years draft but this draft is super deep in all oline positions.   I have been in a lot of battles with fellow posters on here about me wanting to use highest jets picks on oline because I want a great position group, not just decent or average but I agree with many of them about the quality of this position group.  Really good starter quality depth in this draft.

Interior Defensive Line: Not good top end guys, some speculation that there might not be one DT picked in round one (though I think there will be).  However I do not think it is terrible overall.  I think teams are going to be getting some good bargain players, 3rd round and mid rounds.  Solid starters or guys who excel in one area.

Pass Rushers: Another area I'll get flayed for disagreeing with some on here.  Very iffy and overrated as a group overall.  Especially the top end guys.  We have great athletes with production  that are a hit from being out of the league, we have guys with good production but lousy testing, we have a number of super athletes with little to no production of late.  Just looks very boomy busty to me all through the early prospects.  I like better value in the 2nd tier of pass rushers to be honest.  Guys like Payton Turner, Ellerson, Sample etc.

Linebackers:  Quite a good group.  The top end guys are indeed going to be really good play makers.  There is nice depth imo as long as you look at the players as scheme specific.  There are some nice thumper tackling machines and some smaller quicker guys if that is what you are looking for.

Safety:  Underrated group imo, the top guys are not going to be picked Jamal Adams early but they will be good and potential difference makers right away.  Pretty good depth as well.

Cornerback: Excellent draft for CBs in my opinion.  Good top end guys, good 2nd tier players, lots of depth.  Probably one reason the Jets have held off on signing FA's I suppose.  There will be a lot of starting CB's coming from this draft.

Special teams: Like Jay Cutler...."Don't care!"

Come at me bros!

tonight they gotta get it right with wilson and a line and some outside wepones and  D

I disagree with a few things here firstly I think both Harris and Williams are both overrated and are products of their surroundings.  Neither has elite speed or power think the value is later in the draft not early.  Second I really like the TE group Freirmuth, Jordan, and Long are all guys on day two that can catch the ball I think it's a above average group.  I agree with the rest tho.

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Yeah in my opinion.  Based on looking at players in the draft over the last while and the excellent exercise of being in the JetNation mock draft which forces you to dive deeper into later parts of the draft.  TL;DR!  Read it anyway lazy bastards!

Quarterback:  Very top heavy and a lot of question marks but big potential as well, Lawrence is really good and deserves the #1 selection but he is not generational.  All of the other guys have some great traits paired with serious question marks including the guy we are going to take.  The four guys after Lawrence could be stars or not good.  Bad depth in the draft, after the top 5 guys blech.  Some talking heads are saying this is a great QB draft and better get your guy this year because next year is weak.  Poppycock.  This time last year Wilson, Mac Jones, Trask none were on the radar, Lance on the distant radar.  Next year will be the same a couple guys no one thinks about now will rise up and be awesome prospects.

Running back:  Again top heavy, the top guys Najee Harris, Travis Etienne, Javonte Williams I think are all going to be really good and be immediate impact players.  I see a small mid tier and lousy depth.  There are always a few guys who over perform from later in the draft at RB but this class after the 1st group is meh to me.

Wide Receiver: Many disagree with  me on this one but once again I see top heavy and weak overall.  Chase and Devonta Smith are going to be awesome, Waddle maybe too.  After that far too many small speed slot guys, will someone turn out to be Tyreek Hill?  Maybe but I just do not see a lot of good 'standard' size/skill wr's in this draft.  Last years draft was far far superior in depth.

Tight End:  Pure awful.  Yes we have the awesome Pitts (who I view as a bit more of a hybrid) and a few functional all around players but really weak overall.  I see very few threat TE's out there and a few possibly good blocking guys.  Just a bad group overall.

Offensive Line:  Terrific oline group this year.  Not as top heavy with 'star' oline as last years draft but this draft is super deep in all oline positions.   I have been in a lot of battles with fellow posters on here about me wanting to use highest jets picks on oline because I want a great position group, not just decent or average but I agree with many of them about the quality of this position group.  Really good starter quality depth in this draft.

Interior Defensive Line: Not good top end guys, some speculation that there might not be one DT picked in round one (though I think there will be).  However I do not think it is terrible overall.  I think teams are going to be getting some good bargain players, 3rd round and mid rounds.  Solid starters or guys who excel in one area.

Pass Rushers: Another area I'll get flayed for disagreeing with some on here.  Very iffy and overrated as a group overall.  Especially the top end guys.  We have great athletes with production  that are a hit from being out of the league, we have guys with good production but lousy testing, we have a number of super athletes with little to no production of late.  Just looks very boomy busty to me all through the early prospects.  I like better value in the 2nd tier of pass rushers to be honest.  Guys like Payton Turner, Ellerson, Sample etc.

Linebackers:  Quite a good group.  The top end guys are indeed going to be really good play makers.  There is nice depth imo as long as you look at the players as scheme specific.  There are some nice thumper tackling machines and some smaller quicker guys if that is what you are looking for.

Safety:  Underrated group imo, the top guys are not going to be picked Jamal Adams early but they will be good and potential difference makers right away.  Pretty good depth as well.

Cornerback: Excellent draft for CBs in my opinion.  Good top end guys, good 2nd tier players, lots of depth.  Probably one reason the Jets have held off on signing FA's I suppose.  There will be a lot of starting CB's coming from this draft.

Come at me bros!

Pretty accurate synopsis.  1) OL very deep. May be able to get starters into 5th rd. 2) IDL....think the best guys, Alim McNeil, Jay Tufele, Selvin from LSU, Togiai , Bobby Brown III will go late 2-4 5. 3)   LB Think great group. Would love the Jets to pick up a guy in 3rd-4th.We need LB help.4) S......wouldn't shock me if we took one 5-6. Really nice depth.

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Come at me bros!

You don't think waddle is good? ? ? He is probably the best WR in the draft. Chase has best metrics... But waddle is way better then smith

• Sympathy 1