I want JD to draft us QB/RB/WR/O-Line/O-Line with our 1st 5 picks (throughout first 3 rounds).

• #2 overall:

Zach Wilson

Hopefully he's the next Patrick Mahomes and we're able to surround him with offensive firepower. 

• 23rd overall of the 1st round:

Either one of Travis Etienne or Najee Harris (Landing a playmaking RB with our Jamal Adams pick would become an exciting thought for me; as I haven't absolutely loved an NYJ RB dating back to #28 Curtis my favorite Martin). 

• 34th overall (2nd round):

Either one of Terrace Marshall Jr. or Rondale Moore (Davis/Mims/Crowder is a decent NFL trio; however adding an explosive WR here would immediately give Zach Wilson A+ WR weapon(s) all over the field. 

• 3rd round (two picks): 66 & 86. 

This is where O-Lineman such as Jaylen Mayfield from Michigan and Trey Smith from Tennessee could be available and I'd love for JD to find us some O-Lineman steals here in the 3rd. 

With all that said, if Pat Pat Freiermuth @ TE is still available in the 3rd round? It'll become extremely hard to pass up on this kid. 

Come 2022 with two 1st's and two 2nd's we can really attack O-Line, CB and Edge Rusher (early). 

√ Those are my draft wishes throughout the first 3 rounds and I'm super excited for tonight's draft!

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 7

6 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Either one of Travis Etienne or Najee Harris (Landing a playmaking RB with our Jamal Adams pick would become an exciting thought for me; as I haven't absolutely loved an NYJ RB dating back to #28 Curtis my favorite Martin). 

+1

Drafting Curtis Martin in the first round was one of the best moves this franchise ever made.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Well, tough t!ts, because it’s not happening.

Anyone expecting us to go strictly offense with our first 5 picks is going to be sorely disappointed.

And anyone who believes we're going to draft Zach Wilson (into an awful offense) and not follow up his pick with offense, offense, offense and more offense is (imo) absolutely clueless. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Defense Wins Championships said:

And anyone who believes we're going to draft Zach Wilson (into an awful offense) and not follow up his pick with offense, offense, offense and more office is (imo) absolutely clueless. 

Then you might as well just label Joe Douglas clueless right now.

We’re set to have Bryce Hall and Bless Austin as our starting outside CB’s with Javelin Guidry as our starting nickel.

We’re set to have someone like porcelain crafted Blake Cashman or Del’Shawn Phillips (whoever the hell that is) as our starting WLB.

We could still use another EDGE opposite Lawson.

We’re absolutely drafting at least one or two defenders between #23 and #86.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

• #2 overall:

Zach Wilson

Hopefully he's the next Patrick Mahomes and we're able to surround him with offensive firepower. 

• 23rd overall of the 1st round:

• 34th overall (2nd round):

Either one of Terrace Marshall Jr. or Rondale Moore (Davis/Mims/Crowder is a decent NFL trio; however adding an explosive WR here would immediately give Zach Wilson A+ WR weapon(s) all over the field. 

• 3rd round (two picks): 66 & 86. 

This is where O-Lineman such as Jaylen Mayfield from Michigan and Trey Smith from Tennessee could be available and I'd love for JD to find us some O-Lineman steals here in the 3rd. 

With all that said, if Pat Pat Freiermuth @ TE is still available in the 3rd round? It'll become extremely hard to pass up on this kid. 

Come 2022 with two 1st's and two 2nd's we can really attack O-Line, CB and Edge Rusher (early). 

√ Those are my draft wishes throughout the first 3 rounds and I'm super excited for tonight's draft!

My opinion - Swap out the RB at #23 (get Kenneth Gainwell later, at like 86 if you’re dying for a RB).  Hit OL earlier in that #23 spot instead.  Have to add 1 defender in the first 5 IMO, and unlike most people here I’d go Edge before CB.  Let’s hit CB at 146 or 154 for this Cover-3 zone that we’re going to run.

• Upvote 1

The trade up for Vera-Tucker threw my ideas offtrack as a fan by me wanting to attack QB/RB/WR/O-Line x2 (throughout first 3 rounds with 5 picks).

However we went from 5 picks throughout 3 rounds to only 3 picks throughout 3 rounds (trading away both 3rd rounders in order to trade up for Vera-Tucker). 

I was confused at first (I hated trading picks away, not the player) but as a fan if Vera-Tucker @ LG turns out to become a 10+ year starter alongside of Becton @ LT?

I'll be extremely proud of JD if this kid turns into the NFL's next stud LG with pass protection ability as well as a mauler in the run game. 

I missed out on my dream RBs with Najee going to Pittsburgh and Etienne going to Jax with Lawrence but if our left side of our O-Line is now set for the next 10+ years for Zach Wilson? 

JD (over night) might've just created a  brick of gold (2006) ala D'Brickishaw and Mangold Pt. 2 featuring Mekhi Becton/Vera Tucker for the next 10+ years of developing our offense. 

If Zach Wilson can become better than Pennington and Sanchez? We could be on the verge of a fun ride as a fan base. 

Tonight I'm really pumped up for our 2nd pick of the 2nd round (pretty much walking away with 3 1st round immediate starters).

Plz JD. Go offense again here in the 2nd round. We as fans, deserve it. 

• I wanted QB = Check. 

• I wanted O-Line (x2) = 50% of a Check. 

• I wanted a dynamic playmaking difference making WR and tonight we could provide our kid QB in Zach Wilson with an Elijah Moore, Rondale Moore or Terrace Marshall Jr (all 3 kids I've raved about throughout all of 2020) to go along with last year's 2nd round pick in Denzel Mims, this year's FA WR splash in Corey Davis and an awesome veteran leader @ WR who these kid WRs can flourish alongside of in Jamison Crowder: And all of a sudden we have a future NFL passing attack featuring pass catching options for Wilson galore. I'd absolutely love another WR here. 

• I wanted a game breaking RB and tonight we could walk away with and steal Javonte Williams out of UNC who's a top tier RB prospect) and I'll be A+ excited for an offense with athleticism and a RB who can hit the holes behind both Becton and Vera-Tucker; I miss Curtis Martin #28 running behind Mawae and I was disgusted by Adam Gase and his Frank Gore). I'd love a X-Factor RB here to root for over the next 5-8 years. 

• I also wanted another O-Lineman (x2). So far we've got Vera-Tucker and Becton ? locked in @ LG/LT so if we're to go O-Line again @ RT (Telvin Jenkins) or @ C (Creed Humphrey) etc it wouldn't be as sexy as WR/RB but JD could soon become crowned as King  O-Line guru. 

No matter who we draft, as long as it's offense I'll be really proud of JD. In 2 years he's drafted as many 1st round O-Lineman as former regimes did over the past 20 years and may have just found us a Franchise QB. 

Im already ready for next years draft as we're loaded with 4 picks throughout the first 2 rounds where we can REALLY attack CB/Edge/RB/WR etc

Elijah Moore babyyyyyyyy I created a thread about this kid many of months ago as the most underrated player no one spoke about. 

He's absolutely fire ???? T. Hill type ability! 

Wilson to Elijah Moore!!

Got that QB/O-Lineman/WR I was dreaming about. 

4th round = RB steal plz Kenneth Gainwell plz as a dual threat fast pass catching RB!

On 4/29/2021 at 6:21 PM, Untouchable said:

Well, tough t!ts, because it’s not happening.

Anyone expecting us to go strictly offense with our first 5 picks is going to be sorely disappointed.

Well. Don't you feel freaking CRUNCHY right about now. 

First 4 picks were all offense at positions I listed in thread title ala QB/O-Line/WR/RB. 

Next pick will be O-Line too getting my 2nd O-Lineman!

I

• Upvote 3

Just now, Defense Wins Championships said:

First 4 picks were all offense at positions I listed in thread title ala QB/O-Line/WR/RB. 

I

I’m not complaining 

Now change your username 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I

Take a bow sir. Well called. 

• Upvote 1

Not often DWC can take a victory lap so he's earned this one. Well done.

And I think a lot of people agreed with you (me being one of them), it's just most ppl felt it would never happen, especially after drafting a defensive minded head coach.

The fact that it has happened says so much about Joe Douglas and Saleh and their understanding of how to build a team. I've never been this excited about the future of my Jets.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

JD loved Clark last year.  The kid didn't get a training camp.  Imo, he's the RG of the future. 

I see them going RT with the later 1 next year. 

Cam Clark is 6'4/308 out of Charlotte 49ers? Who? 

Trey Smith is someone I love. 

He's 6'6/330 lbs out of Tennessee and he's an absolute mauler of a road grader Guard. 

Stick him @ RG and we'll walk away with the steal of the draft. 

9 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Cam Clark is 6'4/308 out of Charlotte 49ers? Who? 

Trey Smith is someone I love. 

He's 6'6/330 lbs out of Tennessee and he's an absolute mauler of a road grader Guard. 

Stick him @ RG and we'll walk away with the steal of the draft. 

I was just reading about him. Incredible story. Dropping due to medical issues out of his control. 

1 minute ago, Wit said:

I was just reading about him. Incredible story. Dropping due to medical issues out of his control. 

He's the type of 4th round kid you take a gamble on. 

Came out of H.S as the Nation's #1 5 star recruit coming into College and selected Tennessee over Alabama and developed into a 2× All-SEC First Team animal. 

I want this kid really bad. 

If he's available with our next 4th round pick; I don't think JD passed on him.