Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Ha the Jets took Trubisky 2.0 and watched Watson 2.0 go to the Bears.  Silver lining he didn’t end up in NE.

  • Upvote 9
  • Thumb Down 6
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Ha the Jets took Trubisky 2.0 and watched Watson 2.0 go to the Bears.  Silver lining he didn’t end up in NE.

Yas

Link to post
Share on other sites

Of course the few clowns that support Fields come out to voice their displeasure! They can't understand that it's not a QB to QB comparison but rather a colossal failure by the Bears, i.e., giving up the farm for another bust! 

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Why are Fields detractors so passionate and vocal about telling us all how much he sucks?

 

Because of the excessive Wilson hate that everyone has had to endure over the months.

I was one of the pioneers of poking fun of his Marcy D’Arcy, 12 year old appearance.

One look at him and you want to tussle his hair and pinch his cheeks.

But the constant blowing of Fields was goofy. The kid certainly has chinks in the armor and never should’ve been mentioned within a light year of Lawrence as a prospect.

I mean, teams like Denver, Carolina and Philly just chose guys like Teddy Bridgewater/Drew Lock, Sam Darnold and Jalen Hurts over him.

And the team that took him, is the exact same group of front office personnel that chose Trubisky over Mahomes and Watson. And gave up multiple draft picks to move up one spot for the privilege.

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Why are Fields detractors so passionate and vocal about telling us all how much he sucks?

 

Bc they know deep down Wilson may be a bust

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Because of the excessive Wilson hate that everyone has had to endure over the months.

I was one of the pioneers of poking fun of his Marcy D’Arcy, 12 year old appearance.

One look at him and you want to tussle his hair and pinch his cheeks.

But the constant blowing of Fields was goofy. The kid certainly has chinks in the armor and never should’ve been mentioned within a light year of Lawrence as a prospect.

I mean, teams like Denver, Carolina and Philly just chose guys like Teddy Bridgewater/Drew Lock, Sam Darnold and Jalen Hurts over him.

And the team that took him, is the exact same group of front office personnel that chose Trubisky over Mahomes and Watson. And gave up multiple draft picks to move up one spot for the privilege.

The Lions landed Metatron 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Because of the excessive Wilson hate that everyone has had to endure over the months.

I was one of the pioneers of poking fun of his Marcy D’Arcy, 12 year old appearance.

One look at him and you want to tussle his hair and pinch his cheeks.

But the constant blowing of Fields was goofy. The kid certainly has chinks in the armor and never should’ve been mentioned within a light year of Lawrence as a prospect.

I mean, teams like Denver, Carolina and Philly just chose guys like Teddy Bridgewater/Drew Lock, Sam Darnold and Jalen Hurts over him.

And the team that took him, is the exact same group that chose Trubisky over Mahomes and Watson. And gave up multiple draft picks to move up one spot for the privilege.

I would recommend letting it go. 

Fields is in another conference. It's going to be ok Jets fans. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I would recommend letting it go. 

Fields is in another conference. It's going to be ok Jets fans. 

Well, I agree with that for the most part.

But it won’t be let go, by and large.

Jets fans, for some silly reason, will probably end up comparing these guys for the next 15 years.

Or until one fizzles out of the league 

And frankly, my money would be on Fields being the one who fizzles.

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, jetsrule1969 said:

Of course the few clowns that support Fields come out to voice their displeasure! They can't understand that it's not a QB to QB comparison but rather a colossal failure by the Bears, i.e., giving up the farm for another bust! 

So supporting Fields makes one a clown. That’s interesting.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

I guess? Lamar Jackson is also a far superior football player

Lamar is a superior athletes yes but Trubisky is a better passer and not exactly a schlub he’s got wheels and excellent agility. Eerily similar physically to Tannehill.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jgb said:

Lamar is a superior athletes yes but Trubisky is a better passer and not exactly a schlub he’s got wheels and excellent agility. Eerily similar physically to Tannehill.

Maybe. I don’t see it. I don’t think it’s a coincidence that he signed with a team where he won’t see anything beyond mop-up duty 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Well, I agree with that for the most part.

But it won’t be let go, by and large.

Jets fans, for some silly reason, will probably end up comparing these guys for the next 15 years.

Or until one fizzles out of the league 

And frankly, my money would be on Fields being the one who fizzles.

People still compare the QBs of 1983.

Of course these 5 will be measured by each other.

Duh.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dbatesman said:

Maybe. I don’t see it. I don’t think it’s a coincidence that he signed with a team where he won’t see anything beyond mop-up duty 

It’s ok this is the same discussion when Tannehill was signed as a backup.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

Why are Fields detractors so passionate and vocal about telling us all how much he sucks?

 

Because we’ve been listening to shlt about Fields for a month 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I came in here ready to go guns blazing about how this is such a dumb comparison for Wilson and how their rises were not alike at all.  Even did some research.

Should have opened the thread first.

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

Why are Fields detractors so passionate and vocal about telling us all how much he sucks?

 

In order to be right about the Wilson pick people are obsessed with trashing both Fields and Darnold.    That seems to be the mindset I think.

  • Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

Nah.

Trubisky was a far, far better prospect.

The Bears are done.

Justin Fields the next fiasco in Chicago 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, RESNewYork said:

Safe to assume these are the same posters who were so passionate about how bad Josh Allen and Lamar Jackson were going to be? 

So is that the standard? Wrong once about a prospect, your opinion forevermore is invalidated? You realize even the best GMs — hall of fame guys — all have huge monster whiffs on their résumé, right?

5 hours ago, undertow said:

 

In order to be right about the Wilson pick people are obsessed with trashing both Fields and Darnold.    That seems to be the mindset I think.

You know, one doesn’t need an agenda or ulterior motive to simply not like a prospect. Not everything is a conspiracy.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...