Trubisky 2.0

7 hours ago, undertow said:

In order to be right about the Wilson pick people are obsessed with trashing both Fields and Darnold.    That seems to be the mindset I think.

This happens a lot here. You attempt to elevate your preference by knocking down the other side.

Why can’t people acknowledge how close most of these guys are talentwise, that no one really knows how good or bad they will be, and that it all boils down to personal preference? I heard Shanahan say in an interview last night that lots of really smart people put in 100s of hours evaluating QBs and none of them really knows how good the kid will end up being. You take your best shot. After that it is up to the fates. And he was saying that about a kid they just picked with the third pick of the draft!!!

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

I can see why people think the Bears are retarded.  They unloaded Trubisky who is miles better than Dalton because they didn't want to pay him and the BIlls paid him 25% of what the Bears paid Dalton. 

This was actually a good move.  

9 hours ago, Untouchable said:

And the team that took him, is the exact same group of front office personnel that chose Trubisky over Mahomes and Watson. And gave up multiple draft picks to move up one spot for the privilege.

Nagy was in KC when the Bears took Trubisky and the Chiefs took Mahomes.  I'm pretty sure he had a lot of input in moving on from Trubisky and moving up for Fields. 

6 hours ago, jgb said:

So is that the standard? Wrong once about a prospect, your opinion forevermore is invalidated? You realize even the best GMs — hall of fame guys — all have huge monster whiffs on their résumé, right?

You know, one doesn’t need an agenda or ulterior motive to simply not like a prospect. Not everything is a conspiracy.

when people are as emotionally invested and hysterical as these dopes theres an agenda.

4 hours ago, undertow said:

when people are as emotionally invested and hysterical as these dopes theres an agenda.

I wonder who is more "emotional" -- those who are passionate about football players on a football forum, or those that are passionate about calling out posters on a football forum.

4 minutes ago, jgb said:

I wonder who is more "emotional" -- those who are passionate about football players on a football forum, or those that are passionate about calling out posters on a football forum.

I don't spend my time trashing young QBs for very little reason I enjoy trolling the dummies who do.   I actually think Wilson, Fields, and Darnold are all very talented trashing one because I prefer the other is dumb guy stuff. 

• Upvote 1

I must say I don't overly envy Fields given the situation he has landed in. The coach and GM could be gone before his first season is up.  A not very talented team that now has fewer draft resources due to the trade up to take him. A #1 WR on the tag this year, could easily be gone next year (didn't seem all that keen to stay around as it was).

Maybe he should get in touch with Sam D for some advice. ;-) 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, undertow said:

I don't spend my time trashing young QBs for very little reason I enjoy trolling the dummies who do.   I actually think Wilson, Fields, and Darnold are all very talented trashing one because I prefer the other is dumb guy stuff. 

Carry on i guess. If you’re looking for an agent to take your mind reading act on the road I have ins with a lot of vaudeville houses and gin joints on the Tuscaloosa circuit. 

15 hours ago, jamesr said:

I must say I don't overly envy Fields given the situation he has landed in. The coach and GM could be gone before his first season is up.  A not very talented team that now has fewer draft resources due to the trade up to take him. A #1 WR on the tag this year, could easily be gone next year (didn't seem all that keen to stay around as it was).

Maybe he should get in touch with Sam D for some advice. ;-) 

It’s not a great environment for a young qb.  The fans and organization are very impatient.  I work and live in the Midwest I know a lot of bears fans the first time Fields throws a pick they will be barbecuing him

• Sympathy 1

Just now, Philc1 said:

It’s not a great environment for a young qb.  The fans and organization are very impatient.  I work and live in the Midwest I know a lot of bears fans the first time Fields throws a pick they will be barbecuing him

Sounds vaguely familiar.

• Haha 1

Then he should DEFINITELY talk to Sammy!

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

On 4/30/2021 at 3:07 AM, Philc1 said:

Justin Fields the next fiasco in Chicago 

Wilson was my choice, but stepping back as one who loves the game, I’ll be happy for any of these young rookie QB’s that eventually shine. Immense pressure on them all.