• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thanks Jamal!! We got a OL that will have a better career than Jamal will ever have. And we still have the Seadogs 1st next year!

Widely regarded as the 3rd best OL in the draft.  You can't argue with walking away with the QB you wanted at 2 and one of the best overall OL in the draft. 

It's 2 thirds. jesus it's nothing. for a quality lineman like that? cmon

3 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Widely regarded as the 3rd best OL in the draft. 

You can't argue with walking away with the QB you wanted at 2 and one of the best overall OL in the draft. 

Nope...he was mocked to us at 23, but there was no way he was lasting that long after Sewell and Slater were off the board.

Steep price, but you can bet Douglas moves down from 2 to recoup those picks.

• Upvote 3
Just now, CanadaSteve said:

Nope...he was mocked to us at 23, but there was no way he was lasting that long after Sewell and Slater were off the board.

Steep price, but you can bet Douglas moves down from 2 to recoup those picks.

Yup Joe had a plan.  He knows 34 is going to be very valuable to recoup pick AND he got his guy.  

I think that most Jets fans understood that we must protect our new QB, or else repeat the mistakes of the past.

Moving up for Tucker was a common sense move, and now the left side of the offensive line is set for the next decade.  The Jets still have work to do on the offensive line, and I feel that if they can get a premier center at 34 to solidify the O line, that would be ideal.  If Harris is there at running back,  that would be the only player that I would take instead of center.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

Seriously?  Two picks and you are complaining?

Plus I agree that JD will probably trade down from 34 to recoup at least one of the 3rd rounders.

5 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

Seriously?  Two picks and you are complaining?

Why is a GM who's speciality is supposedly o line having to spend this many top end assets on it? Shouldnt he be able to identify guys in the mid rounds instead of throwing away 3rd round picks to trade up?

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 4
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1
6 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Why is a GM who's speciality is supposedly o line having to spend this many top end assets on it? Shouldnt he be able to identify guys in the mid rounds instead of throwing away 3rd round picks to trade up?

I mean, come on dude.  Maybe he actually sees a great talent who can help solidify the line for a decade.  

Agendas suck, especially two picks into the draft.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1
5 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

If we don't trade up AVT would be a Raider. I think its also obvious, looking at the lack of consensus with these picks across the NFL, that there is a lack of depth in this draft. I think trading up to get the best guard and losing picks that in other drafts might be the equivalent of 4th rounders is good business, but that's just my take on it.  

• Upvote 2
  • Like 2
7 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

This is a ridiculous take, man 

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

Not only does AVT fill a hole on the line, but he likely enables the Jets to cut Alex Lewis for a $6mm savings.

With the scheme the Jets want to run, my guess is that the other Gs that they would pick up in the 3rd round were not looking nearly as good.

Based on how the draft is looking now, the players available at 34 are looking pretty good, but the Jets likely have too many holes to use that pick.  

this is good. 

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

This is a ridiculous take, man 

It really isnt.

We won 2 games last year. We have almost 0 talent across the board. To give up that many assets for a guard is absurd. If we were a team competing next year with a solid roster and just needing a couple pieces this is the type of move you make.

• Thumb Down 7
30 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Widely regarded as the 3rd best OL in the draft. 

You can't argue with walking away with the QB you wanted at 2 and one of the best overall OL in the draft. 

You can if Teven Jenkins is still there at 23.

Just now, Prodigal Syndicate said:

It really isnt.

We won 2 games last year. We have almost 0 talent across the board. To give up that many assets for a guard is absurd. If we were a team competing next year with a solid roster and just needing a couple pieces this is the type of move you make.

Most mid round picks don’t hit. To get a guy who’s a bonafide first rounder is the talent we need. Come on. We didn’t give up crucial picks. We will most likely trade back too. Relax. 

• Like 2
20 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

This team doesnt have enough talent to pay prices like this for guards.

This team *cannot attract enough talent* because it doesn’t protect quarterbacks (which it didn’t have until two hours ago also) or establish any sort of tempo or dominance in the rushing game 

Just now, dbatesman said:

You can if Teven Jenkins is still there at 23.

Maybe, but AVT was my third favorite OL in the draft, primarily because he has the best chance of being a pro-bowl caliber guard - which we desperately need. 

Also - Is there a chance Jenkins is somehow there at 34?

5 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

It really isnt.

I'd much rather sacrifice picks for high quality, long term talent over the 4 years then cut/traded JAGS that guys like Macc, Idzik and Tannenbaum have been picking. 

9 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

It really isnt.

they traded 3 picks for 2 and in exchange got what was in all likelihood either the 2nd or 3rd o-lineman on their board

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Maybe, but AVT was my third favorite OL in the draft, primarily because he has the best chance of being a pro-bowl caliber guard - which we desperately need. 

Also - Is there a chance Jenkins is somehow there at 34?

Maybe. But is AVT better two thirds better than whatever OL were available between 14 and 23?

3 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Maybe. But is AVT better two thirds better than whatever OL were available between 14 and 23?

Probably not, but I'm ok paying a little extra to get the guy we want if he really is the goods at guard. We still have plenty of picks - and we did get a 4th rounder back in the trade. 

• Upvote 1
10 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Probably not, but I'm ok paying a little extra to get the guy we want if he really is the goods at guard. We still have plenty of picks - and we did get a 4th rounder back in the trade. 

We’ll see. In principle I don’t like trading up for anything other than QB, so I was raring to get pissy anyway. Lord knows we need the upgrade on the OL, so bully for AVT. Onward and upward

• Upvote 1
Just now, dbatesman said:

We’ll see. In principle I don’t like trading up for anything other than QB, so I was raring to get pissy anyway. Lord knows we need the upgrade on the OL, so bully for AVT. Onward and upward

Yeah, the thing is, it only works if AVT is well above average. 

If he's just ok, the trade sucks. But he definitely has a chance to be good. 

• Upvote 2