AVT, or Teven Jenkins and 2 3rd Round Picks?

AVT, or Teven Jenkins and 2 3rd Round Picks?  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Which option do you prefer

• AVT and 145
    • Teven Jenkins, 66, and 86

So it turns out Jenkins would have been sitting there for the Jets at 23 had they not traded up for Vera Tucker. Of course, they didn't know that at the time, and other than NE, pretty much every team between 14 and 22 could have taken an OL, so moving up to get their guy was justifiable either way. (And the Raiders did take one, just ... a surprising one). But I wonder if, in hindsight, the Jets wish they'd stood pat.

If it were me, and I could deal Vera Tucker right now for Jenkins and 2 thirds? I'd probably do it. But what the hell do I know?

How about you? (Note - this isn't "was it a smart trade because we didn't know". It's which side of that hypothetical - AVT and 145 or Jenkins, 66, and 86 - would you take)?

• Thumb Down 1

This is worded to where the latter sounds sweeter because there’s more involved in compensation. I think Vera-Tucker is much better than Jenkins, more polished, and a safe rookie plug & play starter. The gap is big enough to justify the move imo.

I’m extremely happy JD went up and got who he wanted. We knew he had no choice but to attack OL early because of how FA shaped out and he did it aggressively.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

So it turns out Jenkins would have been sitting there for the Jets at 23 had they not traded up for Vera Tucker. Of course, they didn't know that at the time, and other than NE, pretty much every team between 14 and 22 could have taken an OL, so moving up to get their guy was justifiable either way. (And the Raiders did take one, just ... a surprising one). But I wonder if, in hindsight, the Jets wish they'd stood pat.

If it were me, and I could deal Vera Tucker right now for Jenkins and 2 thirds? I'd probably do it. But what the hell do I know?

How about you? (Note - this isn't "was it a smart trade because we didn't know". It's which side of that hypothetical - AVT and 145 or Jenkins, 66, and 86 - would you take)?

Id have preferred Darrisaw and staying put at 23.   I was willing to come up for one of the top WRs.   Hope the Tucker trade up is everything the Jets expect it to be.

AVT is the better player, and the better pick.

I like Jenkins a lot, but AVT looks like he is custom made for the Jets' scheme as a LG.

Jenkins can be a very good RG or good RT. AVT has the potential to be an elite LG.

JD saw his guy, and went and got him.

• Upvote 3

The same reason why I traded up for Slater in the mock draft is why JD traded up for AVT. If you really believe a guy is a tier above, then you acquire him especially at the cost of less secure picks. JD had AVT really high on his board so it is worth it.

2 minutes ago, KRL said:

Connor Hughes@Connor_J_Hughes 7m

The #Jets said they viewed Alijah Vera-Tucker as a “top-10” player. That’s why they traded up to go get him.

I didn't want a guard.  I wanted the center and switch McGovern there.

But I trust in Joe.  

28 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

Jenkins might be there at 34!

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Oh no, we gave up a couple of Jabari Zuniga’s for a potential 10 year pro-bowl guard to cram next to Mt. Becton...

Oh lawd...

3rd rounders are hit or miss in a normal year. Throw in the lack of combine, questionable medicals, and moving up for the blue chip players is a no brainer

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

Jachia Polite and Zuniga say wassup Kivam?

• Haha 1