AVT, or Teven Jenkins and 2 3rd Round Picks?

AVT, or Teven Jenkins and 2 3rd Round Picks?  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Which option do you prefer

• AVT and 145
    • Teven Jenkins, 66, and 86

But how do we feel if Jenkins is still there for the Jets tomorrow? Dream come true? Too much OL? (Personally I don't think there is such a thing) 

I know we have a lot of holes, but if Jenkins makes it out of the 1st, and past Jax tomorrow... I'd be beyond thrilled if he was the pick  

Just now, MichaelScott said:

But how do we feel if Jenkins is still there for the Jets tomorrow? Dream come true? Too much OL? (Personally I don't think there is such a thing) 

I know we have a lot of holes, but if Jenkins makes it out of the 1st, and past Jax tomorrow... I'd be beyond thrilled if he was the pick  

Honestly as great it would be we got other positions to fill. You gotta balance out contracts in the future too. 

59 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Jenkins may be there at 34, AVT would’ve never made it to 23

If by some miracle Jenkins is there at 34 - pick him too! I get the desire to add picks but if we could lock in real quality at LG and RG this draft it would totally be worth it.

21 minutes ago, MichaelScott said:

Exactly, would be shocking good fortune. 

That said with Samuel Jr. still being there is intriguing. If he can slide back a little and still get him or Jenkins or Humphrey, that's compelling too. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Untouchable said:

100%

We just obtained a potential 15 year franchise QB and yet another bluechip, cornerstone OL piece during a pandemic year where in-person scouting was severely limited...

How the hell could this first day have gone any better?

Tonight just solidified to me that Joe Douglas, a former OL with a 15 year apprenticeship under Ozzie Newsome and 3 rings on his fingers is, in fact...the truth.

And Robert Saleh only continues to impress...

We’re in good hands, fellas.

Stop crying and look on the bright side for a change.

This time, it’s genuinely warranted.

Not crying at all. In fact, I like the move, and I'm a big Douglas fan. This is a completely different question (that, frankly, Jenkins not being drafted yet answers pretty clearly - the league obviously has a huge gap between them) 

42 minutes ago, ryu79 said:

If by some miracle Jenkins is there at 34 - pick him too! I get the desire to add picks but if we could lock in real quality at LG and RG this draft it would totally be worth it.

Or Douglas does what he did in the 2nd round last year.  With Jenkins on the board, he trades down a couple spots and Jenkins is still available.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BigRy56 said:

Jenkins may be there at 34, AVT would’ve never made it to 23

Trade back at 34 - Here's a scenario : LV gets 34 for 48 and 80. Fair point value.   We would have some good talent to choose from according to most mocks. @48 Trey Smith, Basham, Radunz, Samuel, Perkins, E Moore, R Moore, Friemuth.  @80 Walker Little, Tremble, Brevin Jordan, Eskrdige, Campbell, Weaver.  I'd do this in a heartbeat.  Many mocks have Raiders taking JOK and he might just get bypassed by Jax.  Good trade for both teams.

14 hours ago, ryu79 said:

Exactly, would be shocking good fortune. 

That said with Samuel Jr. still being there is intriguing. If he can slide back a little and still get him or Jenkins or Humphrey, that's compelling too. 

I know you could make the argument he is neglecting other positions but if he could grab an olinrman that many were yelling for in the 1st round... he could turn the oline onto a strength and, even more, build around Zach the way we never did with Sam 

14 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

I love the move for JD to go up and get his guy.

Now, losing those two 3rds..means he has to offense at 34.

If he does than I will love this draft and have every faith in our GM to build a Super Bowl winner.

No edge or CB? Maybe a small  move back to get a 3rd and then get offense? Next three best rated receivers are all pretty closely rated,  least that’s what my oldest son told me. 

3 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

No edge or CB? Maybe a small  move back to get a 3rd and then get offense? Next three best rated receivers are all pretty closely rated,  least that’s what my oldest son told me. 

Yeah, trade back for whatever you can get and take the best O player they have on their board.

Have a field day with defense after that if they want.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Doggin94it said:

So it turns out Jenkins would have been sitting there for the Jets at 23 had they not traded up for Vera Tucker. Of course, they didn't know that at the time, and other than NE, pretty much every team between 14 and 22 could have taken an OL, so moving up to get their guy was justifiable either way. (And the Raiders did take one, just ... a surprising one). But I wonder if, in hindsight, the Jets wish they'd stood pat.

If it were me, and I could deal Vera Tucker right now for Jenkins and 2 thirds? I'd probably do it. But what the hell do I know?

How about you? (Note - this isn't "was it a smart trade because we didn't know". It's which side of that hypothetical - AVT and 145 or Jenkins, 66, and 86 - would you take)?

I wanted AVT at #23.  So I'm glad we got AVT.  He fills a huge need in helping to protect young Wilson.

Would I have liked him without spending those two mid-rounders?  Sure would.

But we can hypothesize all we want, we don't know what that one change also might change in what subsequently happened.

Is what it is, Trader Joe wasn't going all draft without a trade, lol.  

At least we got what should be a plug and play Day 1 starter with long term high-level potential.

I'm not going to weep over losing a Zuniga and a Clark or a Perine and a Davis over it, honestly.

With that said, I'd have been fine with Darrisaw at #23 (where HE ultimately was picked).

• Upvote 1

There’s a legit chance Jenkins is off teams boards. 

something is wrong with him. We are getting little leaks here and there but he may drop further today. Back? Hip? Mental?

It makes the AVT trade even better of a move.   These guys (Darrisaw, leatherwood) and the rest are one or more tiers below the three studs of this years draft with a much higher chance of busting.

Great trade.