Jump to content

The Phone Call to Wilson Re: Saleh


Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

I get it..I totally understand what you're going for and humor is great.   I get it....

I just feel like as a fan base we can be better than that.

Just my opinion....

Well i am 100% gay and dont think i am any better than anyone else. 
But I enjoy humor and think society needs to lighten up a bit.  
The point is Saleh put him in his place and it was brilliant

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know, I know, it's just a phone call and a fluff tweet from the org, but man Saleh impresses the hell out of me.  "We are going to lift you up, not the other way around"  

I think some people are really missing the meaning and importance of that statement.  Quite honestly, and this isn’t much exaggeration, it’s one of the best things I’ve ever heard from the Jets and sh

You’re really running out of material.

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Come on man.

I get the fun loving trolling stuff - I'm all for it. 

Now isn't that time.  

What Saleh said was good stuff.  There's a time and place for that negative sh*t, right now isn't one of them.

 It's time to get on board....

I’m not being negative. I’m saying that they drafted the dude second overall and are about to scratch him a check for $30 mil and the head coach is on the phone saying, “heyyyyyyy buddyyyyyyyyy listen ok? Come out from under the couch, lil guy! It’ll be ok! No worries, my big fluffy boyyyyy. Who’s the cutest? Who’s the cutest?! You! Awwwww. Listen, there is no pressure on you, buddy. The pressure is on us. You just get them sweet dimples to New Jersey and pop-pop is gonna make it all ok.” Imagine being a Jet linebacker and hearing that sh*t? I’d be like, you can lift these up, Robert. 

  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I think some people are really missing the meaning and importance of that statement.  Quite honestly, and this isn’t much exaggeration, it’s one of the best things I’ve ever heard from the Jets and shines a light on just how different the approach is now with Douglas and Saleh.

For the past 10, 15, 20+ years the Jets have mismanaged their team, the roster, the talent, the Draft, etc.  We all know this.  Coach after coach, GM after GM would goof things up and then they’d do two things to try to fix it quickly and save their jobs:

1) Overspend on has-beens in free agency and

2) Draft a young, hot shot QB

The idea was that they could mask years of ineptitude, poor drafting and bad football strategy with a big $$$ contract for guys like Trumaine Johnson or something.  That they could make up for a lack of talent up and down the roster by drafting a Top 5 QB who, at something like 21 years old would extinguish the litany of f*ck-ups the GM had made over the previous several years.  “The Sanchize will lead us,” “Darnold is the savior,” and other BS.  When Macc drafted Darnold he thought his job was done, he got the QB and everything would miraculously fix itself.

This statement tonight was different.  This was the polar opposite.  The Jets aren’t saying to Wilson that he’s here to lift the team and save the franchise.  He’s not the bandaid on a broken leg.  The Jets are now saying it’s on them, not the QB, to elevate the team.  It’s not, “Hey Zach, can’t wait til you get here and save all our jobs!”  This is a statement from the true leaders of the team that it’s THEIR JOB to make him successful, not Zach’s job to solve 30 years of Jets ineptitude.

This really kinda spoke to me.  It’s refreshing.

This is one of the best post of the year!

Thank you....

  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

Stop.....

This is a team that's coming off destroying the #3 pick overall, with literally having the worst offensive talent in the league when he came in and then went on to make it worse.  The NY Jets have been a QB graveyard.

That is a fact! 

For a head coach to tell his new #2 overall QB, coming in to the the least talented offense in the NFL, to tell him we're going to help you - that is 100% the right message.

It is ABSOLUTELY the right thing to say...and you know it!  Hence the trolling comment, and you're better than that.

Look, it’s fine to say that to calm the kid’s nerves, but it’s cheese balls as **** and if Saleh is going to treat him like a favorite son, it’s not gonna help Wilson survive in the locker room. 

  • Thumb Down 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

Stop.....

This is a team that's coming off destroying the #3 pick overall, with literally having the worst offensive talent in the league when he came in and then went on to make it worse.  The NY Jets have been a QB graveyard.

That is a fact! 

For a head coach to tell his new #2 overall QB, coming in to the the least talented offense in the NFL, to tell him we're going to help you - that is 100% the right message.

It is ABSOLUTELY the right thing to say...and you know it!  Hence the trolling comment, and you're better than that.

You arent wrong but neither is T0m,  probably something you have to do but definitely over the top a bit.. sounded a little like a preschool teacher trying to coax a kid off the bus

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, CTM said:

Are you drunk?

sort of.  I'm ticked that I've watched almost 2 decades of people bashing Jet QB's but suddenly everyone is supposed to fall in line and refrain from typing any negativity about Zippy.  Faak that.

The kid at this point looks like he'll bust hard.  You know it's true.  I just find it interesting to see the reaction from people when the bashing happens to someone they think doesn't deserve it. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CTM said:

You arent wrong but neither is T0m,  probably something you have to do but definitely over the top a bit.. sounded a little like a preschool teacher trying to coax a kid off the bus

They’re dead aware that Wilson is a skittish lad who needs parental care around the clock, and they’re going to overcompensate for it to the point where it alienates the locker room. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, CTM said:

You arent wrong but neither is T0m,  probably something you have to do but definitely over the top a bit.. sounded a little like a preschool teacher trying to coax a kid off the bus

It was kinda corny, but I mean, it's the way I want my franchise to think about the quarterback: must be surrounded with protection and talent.

So I mean, we'll see how it goes if he gets babied or ends up asserting himself. Who knows? But I don't get the criticism of Saleh for it. We'll just have to see if Wilson can thrive in an NFL locker room. 

  • Post of the Week 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CTM said:

You arent wrong but neither is T0m,  probably something you have to do but definitely over the top a bit.. sounded a little like a preschool teacher trying to coax a kid off the bus

Eh...

I'm sorry, but he's still a kid.  That is absolutely nervous about coming to a disaster of a franchise.  Coming off, likely the worst job a team as ever done with a young QB.

Letting him know that it's not on him but on the organization.  That he doesn't need to be the savior...The GM and HC are the ones responsible.

I couldn't agree more with that philosophy and what Saleh said....

 

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, varjet said:

There are not really picks left for a RB.

Pretty clear here that the Jets are not drafting the positions they signed players at:  RB, EDGE, WR.

we got 11 picks next year, plus 4 in the 1st 2 rounds.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

They’re dead aware that Wilson is a skittish lad who needs parental care around the clock, and they’re going to overcompensate for it to the point where it alienates the locker room. 

You're projecting here.

There's nothing to say they're going to baby him.  This is a special moment for him and wanted to let him know they're going to be there for him.

If he throws 3 int's in week one and I hear that - I'm with you.  That's not what this is.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, FidelioJet said:

You're projecting here.

There's nothing to say they're going to baby him.  This is a special moment for him and wanted to let him know they're going to be there for him.

If he throws 3 int's in week one and I hear that - I'm with you.  That's not what this is.

It’s not like Zach Wilson is lifting anything with those puny arms anyway.

  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Pac said:

sort of.  I'm ticked that I've watched almost 2 decades of people bashing Jet QB's but suddenly everyone is supposed to fall in line and refrain from typing any negativity about Zippy.  Faak that.

The kid at this point looks like he'll bust hard.  You know it's true.  I just find it interesting to see the reaction from people when the bashing happens to someone they think doesn't deserve it. 

I think, as longtime Jets fans, we have the right to bash anyone we want . . .  at anytime . . . for any reason. 

I respect your right to bash our "guy" (or whatever you like to call him) whenever you like, for whatever reason you like. We all deal with rooting for this illustrious organization in our own ways. 

 

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

i thought  JD sounded like the Godfather. i was waiting to hear him say...

either your signature or your brains would be on this contract...

Making Zach an " offer he cant refuse "

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

What kind of soft-ass millennial bullsh*t is that? We’re going to lift you up, not the other way around? The pussification of America is COMPLETE

Is this for real? 😂😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, HighPitch said:

Lol huh? Arent we saying the same thing?

For weeks before he was drafted he has been hearing that the jets were a sad place to have to report to.
 

Translation: you are too good for ny.


as soon as he is drafted, saleh sets him straight.

what am i missing?

not sure if kidding, but no...

he basically said, "hey kid you don't have to be the savior, we are going to build and win as a team". that was the message.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

You guys gotta stop with the stuff.

It's offensive to a lot of people....

really? jeez i hate this culture of being offended, when did everyone start becoming such p*ssies

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, T0mShane said:

What kind of soft-ass millennial bullsh*t is that? We’re going to lift you up, not the other way around? The pussification of America is COMPLETE

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I’m not being negative. I’m saying that they drafted the dude second overall and are about to scratch him a check for $30 mil and the head coach is on the phone saying, “heyyyyyyy buddyyyyyyyyy listen ok? Come out from under the couch, lil guy! It’ll be ok! No worries, my big fluffy boyyyyy. Who’s the cutest? Who’s the cutest?! You! Awwwww. Listen, there is no pressure on you, buddy. The pressure is on us. You just get them sweet dimples to New Jersey and pop-pop is gonna make it all ok.” Imagine being a Jet linebacker and hearing that sh*t? I’d be like, you can lift these up, Robert. 

I actually ******* laughed. I hate you 😂

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, T0mShane said:

What kind of soft-ass millennial bullsh*t is that? We’re going to lift you up, not the other way around? The pussification of America is COMPLETE

Wait a minute, @TomShane. Someone stole your account...

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Woody’s comment was very telling.  He’s kids were raised by Mary Poppins.  He probably doesn’t know their names. 
 

Saleh on the other hand seems to set the right tone.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

I think some people are really missing the meaning and importance of that statement.  Quite honestly, and this isn’t much exaggeration, it’s one of the best things I’ve ever heard from the Jets and shines a light on just how different the approach is now with Douglas and Saleh.

For the past 10, 15, 20+ years the Jets have mismanaged their team, the roster, the talent, the Draft, etc.  We all know this.  Coach after coach, GM after GM would goof things up and then they’d do two things to try to fix it quickly and save their jobs:

1) Overspend on has-beens in free agency and

2) Draft a young, hot shot QB

The idea was that they could mask years of ineptitude, poor drafting and bad football strategy with a big $$$ contract for guys like Trumaine Johnson or something.  That they could make up for a lack of talent up and down the roster by drafting a Top 5 QB who, at something like 21 years old would extinguish the litany of f*ck-ups the GM had made over the previous several years.  “The Sanchize will lead us,” “Darnold is the savior,” and other BS.  When Macc drafted Darnold he thought his job was done, he got the QB and everything would miraculously fix itself.

This statement tonight was different.  This was the polar opposite.  The Jets aren’t saying to Wilson that he’s here to lift the team and save the franchise.  He’s not the bandaid on a broken leg.  The Jets are now saying it’s on them, not the QB, to elevate the team.  It’s not, “Hey Zach, can’t wait til you get here and save all our jobs!”  This is a statement from the true leaders of the team that it’s THEIR JOB to make him successful, not Zach’s job to solve 30 years of Jets ineptitude.

This really kinda spoke to me.  It’s refreshing.

That's nice and all but I think most people understand that it goes unsaid.  You're the #2 overall pick in the draft, do you really need to have a ball tap for confidence?  I dont think it's concerning and I'd otherwise ignore it, the only reason why I'm even commenting is because we know Zach and his family didnt want him to end up here or at least, have extreme very vocal trepidation.  They've made it clear.  Zach has made it clear.  So when you hear that for the entire offseason and then you hear Joe and Robert basically tell them cheer up buck-a-roo, it aint so bad here....kind of tells you know in the back of their mind, they're concerned about it.  Otherwise, why the baby gloves?  Most of the time, it's "Congrats, are you ready to get to work?  Cant wait to have you here, etc." ...but "dont worry honey, we'll take care of you"?  ... I guess you can spin that positively...somehow. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I’m not being negative. I’m saying that they drafted the dude second overall and are about to scratch him a check for $30 mil and the head coach is on the phone saying, “heyyyyyyy buddyyyyyyyyy listen ok? Come out from under the couch, lil guy! It’ll be ok! No worries, my big fluffy boyyyyy. Who’s the cutest? Who’s the cutest?! You! Awwwww. Listen, there is no pressure on you, buddy. The pressure is on us. You just get them sweet dimples to New Jersey and pop-pop is gonna make it all ok.” Imagine being a Jet linebacker and hearing that sh*t? I’d be like, you can lift these up, Robert.

 

I saw the pick of you and your girlfriend you posted.    Didn’t think The Osmonds were the jealous type

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...