Jump to content

The Phone Call to Wilson Re: Saleh


Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

I get it..I totally understand what you're going for and humor is great.   I get it....

I just feel like as a fan base we can be better than that.

Just my opinion....

Lol, good luck with that!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know, I know, it's just a phone call and a fluff tweet from the org, but man Saleh impresses the hell out of me.  "We are going to lift you up, not the other way around"  

I think some people are really missing the meaning and importance of that statement.  Quite honestly, and this isn’t much exaggeration, it’s one of the best things I’ve ever heard from the Jets and sh

You’re really running out of material.

Posted Images

6 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Right now, at this moment.  12:20 on a Thursday night.

Robert Saleh is awesome. You really gotta love what he just told this kid...

Then JD goes up and grabs the best guard in the draft!

Right now the Jets, to me, get it for the first time in 20 years.

I'll hold my complete judgement until 34 but I'm truly hopeful!

If he goes defense, he’s doomed to fail. 

  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, T0mShane said:

They’re dead aware that Wilson is a skittish lad who needs parental care around the clock, and they’re going to overcompensate for it to the point where it alienates the locker room. 

I think I know where you're coming from.  The message has to be consistent to the entire team.  However, how effectively it gets communicated to each member can be entirely different.  That's what good leaders do,

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, T0mShane said:

What kind of soft-ass millennial bullsh*t is that? We’re going to lift you up, not the other way around? The pussification of America is COMPLETE

You, @T0mShane,  won't show your mug on our draft zoom chat.  Now *that* is the definition of pussification.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Look, it’s fine to say that to calm the kid’s nerves, but it’s cheese balls as **** and if Saleh is going to treat him like a favorite son, it’s not gonna help Wilson survive in the locker room. 

and where did you get that idea?  Talk about distorted interpretations. WTF?  

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

What the hell is a twink?

 

twink 
A "twink" is usually considered a homosexual male with attractive, boyish qualities. Typically from the ages of 18-25, and often thought as a young, white, fashionable male.
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, redlichtie said:

I think, in all seriousness, the NFL is changing and has changed massively....this is happening across all of sports....the old school will hate it but the modern pro athlete is much more in tune with their own mental health and greater emphasis on mindfulness is seeping deeper into our society(and that’s a good thing btw)....in short, player welfare is in, ramming your head against a brick wall “for the team” less so.

if you hadn’t noticed, the league no longer considers certain behaviour acceptable....and I can guarantee you that Parcells referring to Terry Glenn as ‘she’ is most definitely up there.....were it today, Parcells would be out of the sport, probably for good.

The conservative old NFL is a last bastion of balls-out machismo, and even then it’s more on message boards like this where the Parcells type dinosaurs exist to whinge and moan about ‘twinks’ and ‘snowflakes’ being coddled, rather than in NFL locker rooms, and while that attitude is still there within the game, I think you’d be shocked at how much this is evolving and changing. it counts for all players across all positions.

Don’t get me wrong, there’s still a place for hard coaching, for ‘tough love’ and for demanding more from players, there’s still a place for a coach bawling at players who mess up on the field, it’s not all about hugs and a consoling pat on the head, but in the modern NFL that alone won’t cut it.

If anything, your hypothetical Jets linebacker hearing what Saleh said to ZW is probably thrilled too, because it means the new coaching staff under Saleh are genuinely looking out for them too, actually caring about making everyone a better player, a better human being, to operate in a better working environment, to maximise everyone’s chances of getting a big contract when they become a free-agent, and more importantly......way more importantly.....to be able to pick up their grandkids one day without the aid of a wheelchair or being a slobbering vegetable by the age of 50....Saleh said as much in his introductory presser.

That’s not to say the sport totally loses it’s devastating physicality, it doesn’t mean you are not asking guys to leave it all out on the field and to go balls out every play, to bury themselves for the team and yes even run through that metaphorical brick wall. But the modern athlete, with their social media profiles and their increasing personal activism, is more responsive to greater player welfare. And teams and coaching staffs have to respond to that. if you are asking someone to put their body on the line for you, they either do it through fear, or respect....fear no longer works in today’s NFL.

We appear to have a very modern organisation that is attuned to caring about it’s players and hopefully is going to get the best out of them.

NFL locker rooms are no longer full of Lyle Alzado nut-jobs but young men who are acutely aware of the damage pro football can do to your health. If you haven’t cottoned on to this greater awareness, particularly following on from the concussion film and the implications of the greater awareness of brain injuries that have ravaged the lives of players from those old school generations, then you’ve been living under a rock.

These guys get a very short window to make a successful career, they get very few chances at winning a Super Bowl....knowing your organisation expects to help you be the best, not just leave it up to you, has to be pretty refreshing for a lot of players.

The Linebckers and DT’s are just as thrilled about this as our flaky new snowflake insta-generation pretty boy QB...., maybe a little more circumspect about it but thrilled all the same, that a coach or organisisation is putting the welfare of their players and their mental well-being first. 

This is a good thing.

 

Jennifer Lopez Yes GIF by The Academy Awards

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

You can tell that Saleh cares about the person.  Yes he wants to win, but when your HC/boss/organization actually cares about you as a person, its much easier to get people to buy into what you are doing whether its culture or schematic stuff.  Im really thrilled with the hire.

  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, redlichtie said:

I think, in all seriousness, the NFL is changing and has changed massively....this is happening across all of sports....the old school will hate it but the modern pro athlete is much more in tune with their own mental health and greater emphasis on mindfulness is seeping deeper into our society(and that’s a good thing btw)....in short, player welfare is in, ramming your head against a brick wall “for the team” less so.

if you hadn’t noticed, the league no longer considers certain behaviour acceptable....and I can guarantee you that Parcells referring to Terry Glenn as ‘she’ is most definitely up there.....were it today, Parcells would be out of the sport, probably for good.

The conservative old NFL is a last bastion of balls-out machismo, and even then it’s more on message boards like this where the Parcells type dinosaurs exist to whinge and moan about ‘twinks’ and ‘snowflakes’ being coddled, rather than in NFL locker rooms, and while that attitude is still there within the game, I think you’d be shocked at how much this is evolving and changing. it counts for all players across all positions.

Don’t get me wrong, there’s still a place for hard coaching, for ‘tough love’ and for demanding more from players, there’s still a place for a coach bawling at players who mess up on the field, it’s not all about hugs and a consoling pat on the head, but in the modern NFL that alone won’t cut it.

If anything, your hypothetical Jets linebacker hearing what Saleh said to ZW is probably thrilled too, because it means the new coaching staff under Saleh are genuinely looking out for them too, actually caring about making everyone a better player, a better human being, to operate in a better working environment, to maximise everyone’s chances of getting a big contract when they become a free-agent, and more importantly......way more importantly.....to be able to pick up their grandkids one day without the aid of a wheelchair or being a slobbering vegetable by the age of 50....Saleh said as much in his introductory presser.

That’s not to say the sport totally loses it’s devastating physicality, it doesn’t mean you are not asking guys to leave it all out on the field and to go balls out every play, to bury themselves for the team and yes even run through that metaphorical brick wall. But the modern athlete, with their social media profiles and their increasing personal activism, is more responsive to greater player welfare. And teams and coaching staffs have to respond to that. if you are asking someone to put their body on the line for you, they either do it through fear, or respect....fear no longer works in today’s NFL.

We appear to have a very modern organisation that is attuned to caring about it’s players and hopefully is going to get the best out of them.

NFL locker rooms are no longer full of Lyle Alzado nut-jobs but young men who are acutely aware of the damage pro football can do to your health. If you haven’t cottoned on to this greater awareness, particularly following on from the concussion film and the implications of the greater awareness of brain injuries that have ravaged the lives of players from those old school generations, then you’ve been living under a rock.

These guys get a very short window to make a successful career, they get very few chances at winning a Super Bowl....knowing your organisation expects to help you be the best, not just leave it up to you, has to be pretty refreshing for a lot of players.

The Linebckers and DT’s are just as thrilled about this as our flaky new snowflake insta-generation pretty boy QB...., maybe a little more circumspect about it but thrilled all the same, that a coach or organisisation is putting the welfare of their players and their mental well-being first. 

This is a good thing.

 

Post of the year.  I hope everyone absorbs what you are saying.  

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Look, it’s fine to say that to calm the kid’s nerves, but it’s cheese balls as **** and if Saleh is going to treat him like a favorite son, it’s not gonna help Wilson survive in the locker room. 

I must say,  you and Max have a good strategy. Have you say stupid sh*t, then generate more clicks and responses as everyone tells you you’re an idiot. Rinse and repeat. Laughing all the way to the bank. Well done my friend. Well done. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

It just 'feels' different these days to be a Jets fan doesn't it? It reminds me of when Rex Ryan first got here and stated that there would BE no kissing of the rings when it comes to Belichick and the Patriots. Also the excitement we felt when they flew out to Cali to stand in the Sanchez driveway so they could meet their new franchise QB. They were different days for us and those fiirst couple of Ryan/Sanchez years were the most fun I had being a Jets fan since those great years of 97 and 82. 

I have a lot of hope again as a Jets fan and believe that I may actually get a chance to see what I saw as an 8th grader in that January of 1969.

  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, GandWFan said:

I must say,  you and Max have a good strategy. Have you say stupid sh*t, then generate more clicks and responses as everyone tells you you’re an idiot. Rinse and repeat. Laughing all the way to the bank. Well done my friend. Well done. 

 

C21FB4C4-1336-478F-87E9-100B2F6F0DB1.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just to put this into perspective Adam Gase hid from the cameras and refused to be recorded on the phone with the draft prospects. He didn't even allow a picture of himself in the draft room. The Jets literally sent out official photos of everyone in the room and Gase was AWOL. I hope this means video of the post locker room celebrations after winning a game are back as well.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Averagejetsfan1421 said:

Saleh seems like someone I want as my best friend, I want to play for him he seems down to earth and normal something we never see within jets organization 

Agree up to a point, but we still want a winning team....Saleh has been hired to take a 2-14 team and make them competitive, success for us as average fans will be in wins & losses, playoff appearances and a product on a Sunday that will actually be watchable for a change, an actual source of pride (I know, imagine that 😀)...but the other side of the coin that we forget as fans is that inside the organisation, livelihoods, careers and futures depend on the culture within the building, and I totally agree that having a culture that retains accountability but understands individual welfare is a potentially winning combination 

Let’s  hope so anyway

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:
twink 
A "twink" is usually considered a homosexual male with attractive, boyish qualities. Typically from the ages of 18-25, and often thought as a young, white, fashionable male.

Huh....see, I'm too old for this sh*t.   Twink used to be short-form for this:

image.thumb.png.0da249d40daba5a1e84a82136618c9d4.png

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, GandWFan said:

I must say,  you and Max have a good strategy. Have you say stupid sh*t, then generate more clicks and responses as everyone tells you you’re an idiot. Rinse and repeat. Laughing all the way to the bank. Well done my friend. Well done. 

E51E0E0F-6CE1-43CD-8344-F524ABB887F4.jpeg.dd46baddb2bd81a5a7151ad8c3d13f75.jpeg

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Patriot Killa said:

 

LOL I’ve never heard such BS in my life. I mean, you guys can’t be serious right now. Can you? You really hate the new guy that much? Sad.
 

I took this statement the same way @jetstream23 did. He’s been told the Jets are a QB graveyard, all Saleh pretty much said is we’ll help you at all costs and lift you instead of a rookie QB having to make it work with nothing around him. Everyone just saw what we did to Darnold. I also think the bust talk is extremely premature and only logical to people who are pressing to find logic within it. You’re telling me he’s a bust because Pac thinks so? You were googly eyed over Macc’s selections so I’ll pass on trying to scour that post for some legitimacy.

People are taking one sentence and turning it into some kind of General Hospital soap show. “The locker room will alienate him because Saleh is going to baby his QB” 

allow me to claim absolute horse sh*t on that one lol. Where do our minds wonder to where we create this scenario in our heads off of one sentence. Off the wall stuff. You’re all losing your touch.

^^*Weaky-weak millenial 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...