The Phone Call to Wilson Re: Saleh

4 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

LOL I’ve never heard such BS in my life. I mean, you guys can’t be serious right now. Can you? You really hate the new guy that much? Sad.

I took this statement the same way @jetstream23 did. He’s been told the Jets are a QB graveyard, all Saleh pretty much said is we’ll help you at all costs and lift you instead of a rookie QB having to make it work with nothing around him. Everyone just saw what we did to Darnold. I also think the bust talk is extremely premature and only logical to people who are pressing to find logic within it. You’re telling me he’s a bust because Pac thinks so? You were googly eyed over Macc’s selections so I’ll pass on trying to scour that post for some legitimacy.

People are taking one sentence and turning it into some kind of General Hospital soap show. “The locker room will alienate him because Saleh is going to baby his QB” 

allow me to claim absolute horse sh*t on that one lol. Where do our minds wonder to where we create this scenario in our heads off of one sentence. Off the wall stuff. You’re all losing your touch.

I think you're taking this all a little too seriously.

Everything will be fine.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

I think some people are really missing the meaning and importance of that statement.  Quite honestly, and this isn’t much exaggeration, it’s one of the best things I’ve ever heard from the Jets and shines a light on just how different the approach is now with Douglas and Saleh.

For the past 10, 15, 20+ years the Jets have mismanaged their team, the roster, the talent, the Draft, etc.  We all know this.  Coach after coach, GM after GM would goof things up and then they’d do two things to try to fix it quickly and save their jobs:

1) Overspend on has-beens in free agency and

2) Draft a young, hot shot QB

The idea was that they could mask years of ineptitude, poor drafting and bad football strategy with a big $$$ contract for guys like Trumaine Johnson or something.  That they could make up for a lack of talent up and down the roster by drafting a Top 5 QB who, at something like 21 years old would extinguish the litany of f*ck-ups the GM had made over the previous several years.  “The Sanchize will lead us,” “Darnold is the savior,” and other BS.  When Macc drafted Darnold he thought his job was done, he got the QB and everything would miraculously fix itself.

This statement tonight was different.  This was the polar opposite.  The Jets aren’t saying to Wilson that he’s here to lift the team and save the franchise.  He’s not the bandaid on a broken leg.  The Jets are now saying it’s on them, not the QB, to elevate the team.  It’s not, “Hey Zach, can’t wait til you get here and save all our jobs!”  This is a statement from the true leaders of the team that it’s THEIR JOB to make him successful, not Zach’s job to solve 30 years of Jets ineptitude.

This really kinda spoke to me.  It’s refreshing.

ding ding ding 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

I just have one question ..... What in the **** is a Zachapono?

How did anyone land on that ****.

His middle name is Kapono. His social media handle is zachkapono. So we shortened it to Zachapono. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Pac said:

sort of.  I'm ticked that I've watched almost 2 decades of people bashing Jet QB's but suddenly everyone is supposed to fall in line and refrain from typing any negativity about Zippy.  Faak that.

The kid at this point looks like he'll bust hard.  You know it's true.  I just find it interesting to see the reaction from people when the bashing happens to someone they think doesn't deserve it. 

I think most of us are just saying, why don't we let him throw a pick 6 on his first play before we head for the life rafts?

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Biggs said:

Woody’s comment was very telling.  He’s kids were raised by Mary Poppins.  He probably doesn’t know their names. 

Saleh on the other hand seems to set the right tone.  

Actually what I took away from Woody's comments was interesting in that I got the feeling the Jets REALLY, REALLY did their homework.  Woody's been the owner for a long time been through many drafts, taken many QB's...

And this was the time he stressed how deep they were in the process....

Made me feel much better that the choice they made was for the right reasons.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

I think most of us are just saying, why don't we let him throw a pick 6 on his first play before we head for the life rafts?

It was a 1am post after I had enjoyed a few pops.  Probably sounded more upset than I really am.

Still think not trading down and keeping Sam will be a huge mistake and I reserve the right to poke fun of Keith Partridge at my leisure.

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, GandWFan said:

I must say,  you and Max have a good strategy. Have you say stupid sh*t, then generate more clicks and responses as everyone tells you you’re an idiot. Rinse and repeat. Laughing all the way to the bank. Well done my friend. Well done. 

Max didnt encourage T0m to say stupid sh*t, it actually comes very naturally to him

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Pac said:

It was a 1am post after I had enjoyed a few pops.  Probably sounded more upset than I really am.

Still think not trading down and keeping Sam will be a huge mistake and I reserve the right to poke fun of Keith Partridge at my leisure.

I honestly don't care.  I don't love the "twink" stuff, but I was just taking the opportunity to make a joke about throwing a pick 6 on your first ever throw.

• Haha 1

No its not a fluff piece.
Its one of the ballsiest statements in jet history. I love it.
Saleh basically puts the young man in his place right away by saying “you need us more than we need you”
Wow
Cept that wasnt his point at all ... he was saying you do t need to be more than you are ... we got you ... now come and go do your thing.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

I honestly don't care.  I don't love the "twink" stuff, but I was just taking the opportunity to make a joke about throwing a pick 6 on your first ever throw.

I always took Twink to mean a soft looking pretty boy but apparently people want to turn it into something to get offended over.  

Unsurprising these days.

3 minutes ago, Pac said:

I always took Twink to mean a soft looking pretty boy but apparently people want to turn it into something to get offended over.  

Unsurprising these days.

“Twink” is a thin, androgynous male pretty boy. The people pretending to be upset about the use of the term are doing so because they don't want it applied to their bubby boy QB 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Cept that wasnt his point at all ... he was saying you do t need to be more than you are ... we got you ... now come and go your thing.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Ok thats not how i took it.

the kid has been hearing nothing but stories about what a crappy situation he would be in if the jets took him. Even his local newspaper begged the jets to not take him. The jets are well documented qb career killers.

under that context, Saleh saying that the jets are going to lift HIM up, not the other way around sounds like “youre gonna do great here because this is a great place to be” and it's not going to be zach scores a touchdown for the jets despite the jets stinking badly.

To me he was letting him know up front that hes lucky to be here and to forget the past, hence squashing any worries that zach may have had about his landing spot and him being a star among duds.

Either way its a great, cocky,  balls to the walls statement to a young prospect that may not be quite as humble as other prospects due to his cushy upbringing

we dont need to agree

8 minutes ago, Pac said:

Unsurprising these days.

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

“Twink” is a thin, androgynous male pretty boy. The people pretending to be upset about the use of the term are doing so because they don't want it applied to their bubby boy QB 

Guys - Twink absolutely refers to a specific type of homosexual, in appearance.  Stop.

It's one thing to say lets not be offended by the comment, which, honestly is of small enough impact on jet nation dot com that it's not a hill anyone should die on.  But, it's another thing to pretend it's something it's not.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, TeddEY said:

Guys - Twink absolutely means homosexual.  Stop.

It's one thing to say lets not be offended by the comment, which, honestly is of small enough impact on jet nation dot com that it's not a hill anyone should die on.  But, it's another thing to pretend it's something it's not.

When i used the term homosexuality was never in my mind.

Its a thin, frail boy man to me.

can we just stop?