Pick 34?

3 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

The Steelers and The Jaguars didn't think it was "stupid" to draft 1st round RBs. 

Because Etienne and Najee are A+ awesome offensive PLAYMAKERS. 

I'm pretty ticked off we missed out on these two guys + two 3rd round picks in order to draft a Guard. 

I'd rather Wilson/Etienne OR Harris + two guards in 3rd round. 

Because each of those 2 guys are really good blockers.... and solidify the most important position on this team now that we have a new QB....

Get off the stupid RB argument.

We have 7 picks left. For a total of 9. With a bunch of holes. 
Far from a million. 
Next year we have two first two second a third and two fourths. May not help us much this year but we aren't going to win the Superbowl this year no matter what we did. Might as well take the best guys you can and finish patching holes next year.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

Saleh must be pounding the table for j-ok. Dude literally defines all gas. CB is less of a need with Hall drafted last year and an investment in pass rush...

that pass rush with j-ok (who is also a beast in coverage) will go a long way to mask deficiency in the secondary.

27 minutes ago, Vader said:

Saleh must be pounding the table for j-ok. Dude literally defines all gas. CB is less of a need with Hall drafted last year and an investment in pass rush...

that pass rush with j-ok (who is also a beast in coverage) will go a long way to mask deficiency in the secondary.

I’m a draft offense at every pick in the first 3-4 round guy

but JOK is just too good to pass here

but Jax is going to take him 

and what a draft for them

Lawrence, Etiene, JOK, that’s a franchise changing draft

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

Next year we have two first two second a third and two fourths. May not help us much this year but we aren't going to win the Superbowl this year no matter what we did. Might as well take the best guys you can and finish patching holes next year.

We only have one fourth. Ours went to Seattle 

28 minutes ago, Vader said:

CB is still a need but it looks like we address it next year 

3 minutes ago, Vader said:

Yeah. It’s gonna be our offense chasing score after score this year unless the pass rush imposes 

I think more than anything Joe wants the OL settled this year.  I dont expect us to be a playoff team this year but next year we have two firsts and seconds so that’s when we should have most of the holes plugged in to compete 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

Should we double down on offensive lineman and take either Jenkins, Humphrey, or Dickerson?

I know Saleh is gonna be in JDs ear about LB JOK who’s a beast! Asante Samuel Jr, or Ojuree all targets as well!

From what I have read Ojulari is a much better fit as a 3-4 OLB. Although he IS versatile and I won't pretend like I know exactly how Saleh plans to use him. 

Asante Samuel is another guy who was primarily a man CB and not as adept to zone. I also think he projects as a slot CB. We need a slot and its an important position in the NFL. But I wonder if thats good value, even if the Jets like him. 

JOK- sure I love him as a prospect. But there is a reason he slipped. He doesn't have a true position. Saleh seems like the right coach for him and he should be able to play the will. But his transition to the NFL is a question mark. Of all the defensive players on the board, surprisingly, he does make the most for the Jets. 

This is a really tough one to call. Would not be surprised to see a trade down. However, I was shocked that Jenkins fell out of round 1. And the Jets clearly like Jenkins and Humphrey. Here they are...one of them is guaranteed to be there sitting at the 2nd selection in Rd. 2. I have some concerns about Humphreys injury history and top tier OTs are always harder to find and cost more. I would love for them to take Teven Jenkins, plug the hole at RG (eventually slide him over to RT) and continue to build the team feeling confident they have addressed the o-line. 

If JD comes away with Jenkins and AVT after taking Wilson and still has two in the 4th, two in the 5th and two in the 6th to add contributors, depth and developmental players, this is a successful draft. Remember, if the right player falls, we have draft capital from next year we can still use to move up and grab him. 

Here's what I would do. I would take Elijah Moore at 34. I would trade Crowder and 143 to Detroit for 3(101). Use that cap savings to bring in a veteran CB. The Jets would then have their top 3 WRs under contract together for at least 3 years and get back into the 3rd round. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Vader said:

I feel like it would be soo similar to the colts drafting Darius Leonard. Really hoping its not Elijah Moore. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, BoogSportsGuy said:

Someone said it in another thread - but a Dallas trade back (for Dallas to come up and get a corner) makes too much sense.

Jets give 34

Dallas gives 44, 99, 179

They'd have to give up 75 move up in my opinion. 99 is basically a 4th round pick. If the Jets are going to miss out on the next 10 guys available it needs to be worthwhile. 

1 hour ago, Obrien2Toon said:

I’m a draft offense at every pick in the first 3-4 round guy

but JOK is just too good to pass here

but Jax is going to take him 

and what a draft for them

Lawrence, Etiene, JOK, that’s a franchise changing draft

I thought the Etienne pick was the worst pick in round 1! Especially when they had a stud rookie running back last year in James Robinson. They didn’t need Etienne

41 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Here's what I would do. I would take Elijah Moore at 34. I would trade Crowder and 143 to Detroit for 3(101). Use that cap savings to bring in a veteran CB. The Jets would then have their top 3 WRs under contract together for at least 3 years and get back into the 3rd round. 

I would be fine with this 

7 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

I thought the Etienne pick was the worst pick in round 1! Especially when they had a stud rookie running back last year in James Robinson. They didn’t need Etienne

Yeah I get the whole rb value thing in the draft

but a guy like Etienne changes the outlook of a team like the jags, how good are the Vikings without Cook, the saints without kamara 

not saying I wanted him here, but it’s exciting for the jags 

1 hour ago, greengeek said:

Take JOK and move Mosley for a third.

and what, start him as out Mike? Stop it. 

I have no issue with drafting JOK if Saleh feels like he can get the most out of him in this defense and unlock his potential- hopefully building him into a high impact starter. But Mosely is a fine fit for this defense. And it helps to have a veteran man the Mike. He is the best LB on this team until proven otherwise and he is penciled in as the starter. In fact, JOKs versatility would allow Saleh to use him a bunch of different ways so he can contribute without having him take up another starters spot.  

Also, nobody is giving the Jets a 3rd for Mosely. Not right now after 2 years off with that monster contract. Doing anything but keeping him this year to see how well he has healed and what type of player he is in this defense would be a mistake- regardless of his salary. 

36 minutes ago, BoogSportsGuy said:

Someone said it in another thread - but a Dallas trade back (for Dallas to come up and get a corner) makes too much sense.

Jets give 34

Dallas gives 44, 99, 179

Interesting - would love that, just not sure JOK will make it to 44.  I think JD would need to like 4/5 guys on the board to do something like this.

Creed, Jenkins, JOK, Javonte, Basham, Jabril Cox could all work out if you movod down.  Im just not sure its worth passing on JOK

• Upvote 2

50 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I think I we trade back but if we stay at 34, Jenkins, Humphrey or JOK should be the options.

Can't imagine it would be anyone else. I did not even think of JOK b/c the thought of getting Jenkins or even Humphreys is so tempting to give this o-line a top tier overhaul. But the more I think about it the more JOK would be a great selection. I'm still in the Jenkins camp. Don't trade down, take Jenkins and feel good about having taken two premier o-linemen you can plug and play on day 1- after that, no matter what JD does (within reason), if he gets AVT and Jenkins- to me that is a successful draft. 

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Untouchable said:

We’re not picking #34

You can see the trade down coming from a mile away.

I agree 100%......except if he views Jenkins as another generational G talent. IMO it is Jenkins or trade back to accumulate that 3rd he lost. It is the JD way. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, BCJet said:

Interesting - would love that, just not sure JOK will make it to 44.  I think JD would need to like 4/5 guys on the board to do something like this.

Creed, Jenkins, JOK, Javonte, Basham, Jabril Cox could all work out if you movod down.  Im just not sure its worth passing on JOK

I mean, Creed, Jenkins, and JOK- IMO are in a different league than Basham and Cox. So you are netting a 4th and a 6th to move down and potentially miss out on a truly impactful player for much more of a gamble or maybe someone with a lower ceiling. 10 guys are going to go and it will most likely be a lot of the guys that fell out of Rd. 1. YOU want those guys. Thats my concern. I kind of just JD to take a player here and not trade down. 

If he DOES trade down I'd rather he moved further back to the 50s so he could net a 3rd or get better value back. 

JMHO. 

NOTE: Rondale Moore is a guy to keep an eye on. Probably not if the Jets stay at 34 but if they move down a few spots as you are suggesting.  

4 minutes ago, zonajetfan said:

I agree 100%......except if he views Jenkins as another generational G talent. IMO it is Jenkins or trade back to accumulate that 3rd he lost. It is the JD way. 

There's more value in trading #34 than keeping it.  With everyone resetting
their boards you know there are going to be desperate teams looking to fill
specific positions:

- DAL is dying to add DB help
- Who needs a quality DT?
- Who needs a QB to groom?

If DAL is desperate enough maybe Douglas could get their #2 and Michael Gallup (WR)?

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, KRL said:

There's more value in trading #34 than keeping it.  With everyone resetting
their boards you know there are going to be desperate teams looking to fill
specific positions:

- DAL is dying to add DB help
- Who needs a quality DT?
- Who needs a QB to groom?

If DAL is desperate enough maybe Douglas could get their #2 and Michael Gallup (WR)?

Exactly.  There are probably more than several players that douglas would be happy taking in round 2, so trading back makes sense.  It’s hard to believe the jets could actually go offense again in round 2 though, you have to figure either a guy like Perkins or BAP cb, but fantasizing about Moore or javonte would really transform the offense quickly.  Dare to dream. 

2 hours ago, bealeb319 said:

Yes, this team is in early stage rebuild. Its a 5 win team at best. Goal is to set up foundation with Ol, establish new qb, and get new offensive and defensive systems in place. Next yrs draft and free agency will be all about adding top play makers..

• Sympathy 1