Pick 34?

41 minutes ago, C Mart said:

OK...Just asking since you want O and are not specifying which O position.  What is the difference in grade from say 34 to 44?  Is there that much of a gap to pass up not trading back to get a 3rd rounder?

Yeah, I don't have access to their board.  If they have multiple guys ranked similarly sure, trade back.  But I wouldn't trade if you like someone there.  IF you have a high grade on someone with a gap between the next guys - you take him.

For me, personally I love Elijah Moore - exactly what we need right now.  

I believe we can trade down a few spots and still get him...but wouldn't want to risk losing my guy.

29 minutes ago, CotcheryifyouCan said:

dont mind a trade down but i would love if we ended up with one of the moores or marshall jr

I’ve developed a bit of a man crush on Rondale Moore.  I feel like he can be a Steve Smith type WR, not just a slot/gadget guy....I dunno maybe I just really like WRs with the initials “R. Moore” ?

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Yeah, I don't have access to their board.  If they have multiple guys ranked similarly sure, trade back.  But I wouldn't trade if you like someone there.  IF you have a high grade on someone with a gap between the next guys - you take him.

For me, personally I love Elijah Moore - exactly what we need right now.  

I believe we can trade down a few spots and still get him...but wouldn't want to risk losing my guy.

As do I though there are some similar players to him - Rondale Moore, D’Wayne Eskridge, Anthony Schwartz.

5 minutes ago, Rob Moore said:

I’ve developed a bit of a man crush on Rondale Moore.  I feel like he can be a Steve Smith type WR, not just a slot/gadget guy....I dunno maybe I just really like WRs with the initials “R. Moore” ?

His injury history and subsequent decreased production over the years have pushed him down.

14 minutes ago, C Mart said:

As do I though there are some similar players to him - Rondale Moore, D’Wayne Eskridge, Anthony Schwartz.

I think you're right.

I'm sold. 

Trade back, pick up a third and grab one of these smaller, explosive, slot type guys.

I would be very happy with any of those four.

Now, if they have a high grade on Jenkins and have the balls to go OL again - then do it...but otherwise it's safe to move back a bit.

• Upvote 1

I don’t think we’ll trade down unless it’s just a few slots and JD feels there is comparable value down the board. Drafting a second quality O lineman either Jenkins or Dickerson could make this draft a lot like the Brick-Mangold draft. And that brings back good memories. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I don’t think we’ll trade down unless it’s just a few slots and JD feels there is comparable value down the board. He could do it for our second second round selection. Drafting a second quality O lineman either Jenkins of Dickerson could make this draft a lot like the Brick-Mangold draft. And that brings back good memories. 

No Dickerson. He can't stay healthy. He's also not a fit for this blocking scheme

C Landon Dickerson, Alabama: Dickerson’s injury history will give evaluators heartburn. At Florida State, he suffered a torn right ACL in 2016 and season-ending ankle injuries in 2017 and 2018. At Alabama, he developed into the best center in the nation but suffered a torn left ACL in December 2020. Without the injury history, Mora said Dickerson would have been “by far” the best center in the draft. But what do you do with a player with four season-ending injuries in five seasons?

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Rangers9 said:

I’d take that chance but maybe you could get him on a trade down. He should go sometime in round 2. 

Still not worth it..Mcc gets slammed for taking D Smith in the 2nd and he didn't have injury issues in college..

6 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Still not worth it..Mcc gets slammed for taking D Smith in the 2nd and he didn't have injury issues in college..

Reports on Dickerson is if healthy he could be a Pro Bowl center. Could he be another Mangold? It’s saying a whole lot but it could be huge. 

For me it all comes down to dept of talent at our positions of need at number #34

JOK is head and shoulders above any other line backer left in the draft so if Joe feels he is a real difference maker take him.

At tackel/guard I don't think there is a massive difference between Jenkins, little, brown, carmen and some of the interior left to take one at #34 so trade back and get one of the guys mentioned in the middle of the second.

At reciever Marshall jnr is the only guy who really stands out to me but has injury question marks, after that it's a lot of slot recievers or development guys like browne, palmer, collins so again I would trade back.

At corner samuel jnr and campbell are the only two I would take at #34 but there is a group of 6 or 7 corners that could be had in the bottom of the second top of 3rd that would play a role in our zonal scheme next Year so again trade back.

Running back it's Javonte williams or trade back 

I personally would not take an edge now, see what we have on our roster currently and go after a premium edge player next off season.

So for me if Joe really really loves JOK and thinks he will be a pro linebacker for the jets take him but if not trade out and stock up on o line, recievers and corners with your remaining 2/3/4 rounders 

• Upvote 1

The name I heard most on the O-line that Mac liked before the draft was Jenkins. Maybe he thought he didn’t have a reasonable chance at drafting the SC guy. So I was surprised when he traded up to get him when most likely Jenkins would have been there at 23. As a matter of fact he was. As for the secondary it’s a priority. Still a chance we’ll sign Sherman but I hope we don’t. 

5 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Well a lot depends on that rumor that the Jets were trying to trade up with Green Bay to get Elijah Moore.  If that was correct and if Jax does not take him you'd have to thunk he would be the pick.

I won;t be happy if we pick the Notre Dame LB even if he sounds like a nice player.  Some prime oline and a couple weaponish WR's will be there.

I really think we've overlooked just how serious of a need LB is on our team right now. I know we need guys that can score touchdowns, but someone like Elijah Moore seems like a luxury we can't afford when our LB depth chart looks like this: (and most people on here want to dump Mosley) This is the weakest group on the team.

image.thumb.png.3d49fdf80d4552a7b0a31d691172b58b.png

5 minutes ago, JazzyJet said:

I really think we've overlooked just how serious of a need LB is on our team right now. I know we need guys that can score touchdowns, but someone like Elijah Moore seems like a luxury we can't afford when our LB depth chart looks like this: (and most people on here want to dump Mosley) This is the weakest group on the team.

WR's win you games, LBs often do not.  Do we need to draft a LB in this draft?  For sure.  This early? No and a guy whose supposed claim to fame is pass rush?  For sure not.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

WR's win you games, LBs often do not.  Do we need to draft a LB in this draft?  For sure.  This early? No and a guy whose supposed claim to fame is pass rush?  For sure not. 

This was my position also before we dumped those 3rds. I guess if we can swing a trade down that nets us a 3rd so we can grab a Moore and a Werner/ Bolton/ Moses/ Surratt/ McGrone/ Cox I could get behind that.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JazzyJet said:

According to this: https://ninernoise.com/2019/07/31/49ers-breaking-defensive-tweaks-changes-2019/

The 49ers played their base 4-3 26% of the time - and a nickel package 72% of the time. JOK definitely seems like BPA - but I'm not going to be excited about using pick 34 to play 26% of the snaps - or that we paid Jarrad Davis $8mm or whatever to play 26% of the snaps. 

Out of all of our needs - OL is the only one I don't think we can compliment in FA. We could sign KJ Wright to play LB, we could sign Nelson or Sherman to CB. I'd rather pick Jenkins and overpay those guys, or trade back 10 spots and pick Jenkens/Humphrey/Meinerz or a CB and use the third round pick we get in a trade back on Tommy Tremble or Kendrick Greene if we don't draft OL in the 2nd. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Columbia Jet Fan said:

According to this: https://ninernoise.com/2019/07/31/49ers-breaking-defensive-tweaks-changes-2019/

The 49ers played their base 4-3 26% of the time - and a nickel package 72% of the time. JOK definitely seems like BPA - but I'm not going to be excited about using pick 34 to play 26% of the snaps - or that we paid Jarrad Davis $8mm or whatever to play 26% of the snaps. 

Out of all of our needs - OL is the only one I don't think we can compliment in FA. We could sign KJ Wright to play LB, we could sign Nelson or Sherman to CB. I'd rather pick Jenkins and overpay those guys, or trade back 10 spots and pick Jenkens/Humphrey/Meinerz or a CB and use the third round pick we get in a trade back on Tommy Tremble or Kendrick Greene if we don't draft OL in the 2nd. 

If you look at what Notre Dame did last year JOK regularly lined up in the slot against WRs and covered them well. He is a unique player that does not need to come off the field in what would be a traditional Nickle package.

7 hours ago, KRL said:

There's more value in trading #34 than keeping it.  With everyone resetting
their boards you know there are going to be desperate teams looking to fill
specific positions:

- DAL is dying to add DB help
- Who needs a quality DT?
- Who needs a QB to groom?

If DAL is desperate enough maybe Douglas could get their #2 and Michael Gallup (WR)?

I fully agree, just not sure JD will find the value he seeks for 34.

7 hours ago, choon328 said:

Can we please stop saying this? He had 1 draft where he traded back a couple of times and now everyone assumes all he's going to do is accumulate picks. Even after he just made a big move up in the 1st round. Everybody needs to stop making pretend they know what type of GM Douglas is bc at this point nobody knows and at this point his biggest move as a drafter is trading up not trading back. 

Lol. He has consistently proven he tries to regain the capital he spends.  Oh and the guys that do know him best say similar....but sure, I'll stop saying it to appease some forum poster lmao. Right.

24 minutes ago, zonajetfan said:

Lol. He has consistently proven he tries to regain the capital he spends.  Oh and the guys that do know him best say similar....but sure, I'll stop saying it to appease some forum poster lmao. Right.

Proven how? You're guessing based on who he worked for. 

• Upvote 1