Who will the Jets Select with Pick #34?

Pick #34?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. With Pick #34, the Jets will Select.....

• Javonte Williams UNC RB
    • Pat Freiermuth Penn St. TE
    • Nico Collins Michigan WR
    • Rondale Moore Purdue WR
    • Elijah Moore Ole Miss WR
    • Terrace Marshall Jr. LSU WR
    • Teven Jenkins Okla. St. OL
    • Liam Eichenberg NOTRE DAME OL
    • Landon Dickerson C Alabama
    • Levi Onwuzurike Washington DL
    • Azeez Ojulari Georgia EDGE
    • Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah Notre Dame LB
    • Ifeatu Melifonwu Syracuse CB
    • Asante Samuel Jr. Florida St. CB
    • Tyson Campbell Georgia CB
    • Trevon Moehrig TCU S
    • They Will Draft Someone Else
    • They Will Trade Down

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If Douglas goes for another OL, no one can ever use the excuse that he didn’t do enough for Zach Wilson. That argument dies the second Teven Jenkins or Creed Humphrey gets picked. 

People will always make that argument if the QB fails, regardless of how many OL we take. 

People still make that argument for Sanchez, who adopted a top 5 NFL roster, top 1 OL, and top 1 running game. 

• Upvote 1

1 second rounder

2 picks in the 4th

2 picks in the 5th

2 picks in the 6th

————

There are a lot of teams with multiple picks in the third round. Maybe we can tempt one of them to trade up to #34 for the last CB (Samuel Jr) or one of the LBers (JOK, Ojulari). 

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I think he trades down, a bit of an mo for him.  However there are some fine looking players sitting there.  If he picks another olineman I will create a palette statue of Joe Douglas in my back yard.

LMAO - get ready for Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, RedBeardedSavage said:

Honestly would be thrilled with that.

I think I'd prefer Teven or Creed right now, but J O K is a damn good football player in a spot we definitely need. 

Tbh, he is an awesome player, so I would get it. 

It wouldn't be what I would do. I would trade down before I took a linebacker. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Jenkins falling this far is a blessing 

I don’t think we get him but smart move would be to invest in Wilson heavily and it starts with a rock solid OL. Jenkins now and maybe even another center or RG later on. If WRs can stay healthy, we have a decent group with Mims as the day 1 starter. Enough for Wilson to learn 1 year. It’s an amazing opportunity to finish our OL project in one draft while drafting a QB at #2. 

My money is on a trade down to pick up one extra pick. Smart move would be to stay put. 

• Upvote 1

Honestly, the G that early kind of throws things off a bit for me, really felt that was a position of depth that you could land talent late.  So, I honestly have no clue what's next.  At first I thought they were going up to get Phillips.  Seems like the better value there but whateves.  I like AVT a lot.

I like the idea of Humphrey...1 step closer to locking down a young super unit.  I like the idea of Jenkins for that reason too, maybe even more so then Humphrey simply because Wilson bails on the pocket so much and loves to run outside, that I think having a T who can hold longer is going to be ideal but I think T has some depth to it where as C is slim pickings. 

Williams and Freiermuth could be great targets.  A power RB or a QB's best friend.

And I wouldnt be upset if they took Ojulari.  With him and Lawson in attack mode, could actually have a pass rush that you might have to think about.

7 hours ago, undertow said:

Not trading down will prove to me he's not as dumb as the cult members and I will jump on the JD train...extra points for going offense also. Creed Humphrey or the TE.

Why is trading down dumb?  Did you forget how we got Mims?  This year there is a lot of talent available that we didnt think would be so he could possibly grab another asset and still get one of these guys 

3 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Why is trading down dumb?  Did you forget how we got Mims?  This year there is a lot of talent available that we didnt think would be so he could possibly grab another asset and still get one of these guys 

I'd like to move down and get more picks, I guess it depends on if a guy they love is still on the board.

1 minute ago, nyjunc said:

I'd like to move down and get more picks, I guess it depends on if a guy they love is still on the board.

Absolutely.  I’m fine with staying out at 34 I just think there are going to be good offers to move down too.  There is also a lot of first round talent available still.  We shall see

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jet2020 said:

I don’t think we get him but smart move would be to invest in Wilson heavily and it starts with a rock solid OL. Jenkins now and maybe even another center or RG later on. If WRs can stay healthy, we have a decent group with Mims as the day 1 starter. Enough for Wilson to learn 1 year. It’s an amazing opportunity to finish our OL project in one draft while drafting a QB at #2. 

My money is on a trade down to pick up one extra pick. Smart move would be to stay put. 

I’m leaning towards Jenkins because Fant is meh.  

WRs are a dime a dozen.  Plus there’s the remote possibility we trade for Julio Jones which would be the best thing we could do for Wilson