The Official Draft Day 2 Thread

Maxman

Round one was so much fun, Joe Douglas has a plan and it is coming together. Gave up a lot to trade up but was definitely worth it.

Day two will start quick for the Jets and then be quiet for a while. But if they stay with their current pick, they can add a 3rd day one starter.

Let's go Jets!!!

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

19 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Draft Teven Jenkins and be legends, Douglas. 

That is where I am at. Line overhaul complete. You build a tough young team that does some cool things this year.

Then you have all those picks next year to upgrade and get some playmakers.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

18 minutes ago, Curtis Martian said:

Gotta address CB. 

I would love Jenkins or another OL, but damn, we have just about the worst corners in the league, we must get talent in there

i was a corner guy,, but there isnt much left. all of the good ones went in the 1st rd.

JD has no choice but to overpay one of the remaining FA corners

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

If we kept our pick and picked the lineman who went in our original spot and we had 2 more 3rd rounders...what would you be happier with? Who we drafted or the guy who they drafted with our 3rd rounders.

thats the problem i have with a trade up for a OL. you trade up like that for a skill position player, WR, RB, EDGE, ..

the entire OL doesnt have to be studs. the guy at 23 that Minny picked would have been good enough. im sure this board would have loved if we stayed put an drafted Darrisaw. its another improvement for the line.

im sure there will be guys complaining by the weekend after they see what Minn gets with those 3rd rd picks.

I mean, seeing Jenkins there, I want Jenkins too. 

Just fortify the O-Line for years to come and he’s a great athlete, works for me.

I do also see Asante Samuel Jr, and wonder if we’ll spin and go for defence? 

I think the way the board has fell, there’s some high ceiling players available there, and I think the only way we trade back, is if it’s a few places.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, johnnysd said:

I predict Elijah Moore. Would like Teven as well but Elijah just makes more sense to me. Plus there was a rumor we tried to trade up for him,

we should be talking elijah moore. if we truly tried to trade up for him he is obv the pick

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

5 hours ago, Curtis Martian said:

Gotta address CB. 

I would love Jenkins or another OL, but damn, we have just about the worst corners in the league, we must get talent in there

Just cut Alex Lewis and sign Nelson/Sherman. Draft a corner in the first next year. 

Other than Owusu-Koromoah who I love, give me offense again at 34, or little later. 

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, ID. said:

Count me in the JOK crew.  

Says the Jets and Jeff Ulbrich are the best fit for him @14:22

The Obvious Pick bc of the rumors is Elijah Moore. Not the biggest fan of him or a slot guy in this spot. To me Moore is kinda just like Crowder. Whats the point of that?

If we don't move back JOK would be such a fun player to have moving to a 4-3 defense with really no LB's signed next year. He would stay on the field all 3 downs and be our Darius Leonard. A LB with coverage skills is so rare and this guy would be such a hit here. Hopefully hes the pick. 

Jenkins would be great too. But why is he still there? Is it possible theres a injury situation there but I would be happy with him obviously. If your not taking JOK or Jenkins you really gotta move down. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

The Obvious Pick bc of the rumors is Elijah Moore. Not the biggest fan of him or a slot guy in this spot. To me Moore is kinda just like Crowder. Whats the point of that?

If we don't move back JOK would be such a fun player to have moving to a 4-3 defense with really no LB's signed next year. He would stay on the field all 3 downs and be our Darius Leonard. A LB with coverage skills is so rare and this guy would be such a hit here. Hopefully hes the pick. 

Jenkins would be great too. But why is he still there? Is it possible theres a injury situation there but I would be happy with him obviously. If your not taking JOK or Jenkins you really gotta move down. 

Jenkins was not graded as a 1st rounder by most counts, but he’ll be gone soon.  Crowder has maybe a year left with the jets, so yeah i can see the Moore logic.  Falling into the majority here by predicting a trade back given all the talent still left.  

50 minutes ago, Ghost said:

I’m not going to lie, I think we should take Jenkins. We’re not having the sexiest draft but building that wall is imperative. I’m on the fence tho because we don’t pick again for another 60 picks. 

Yup. But when JD traded away both 3rd's the light bulb went on for me. JD is hoping to move down a bit and recoup one of those third round selections.

All this depends on how in love they are with who is available at the top of the second.

Personally i take either Jenkins or Owusu and call it a day.