The Official Draft Day 2 Thread

Maxman

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

We’ll see how it goes, but Crowder is pretty effective and you could have done more with 34 than replace Crowder.

Team needed explosiveness - really lacking that.

Got the two big guys on the outside - and this guy is perfect in the slot.

I wouldn't be shocked if Crowder sticks...

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Irish Jet said:

100%.

Does make you wonder if they’ll now invest in the secondary with Sherman/Poole but between this and the Cole pickup this is definitely the end for Crowder. Meh, he deserved better.

Crowder is a JAG - a good one but a JAG who was our prime WR because the rest just sucked azz.  E Moore is much more dynamic, faster, cheaper, younger and will grow with our shiny new QB to create The Zach Attack.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Titan24 said:

You are one of best posters and a college guru this kid is not crowder 2.0 he is a full second faster in the 40 makes guys miss and is a game breaker. This team needs playmakers period.

He is 100% Crowder.... you could argue he's got better quickness and overall ability to get separation - sure, but he's a slot WR

Without a doubt, a Slot WR.  That is a high price to pay for a slot WR, not matter how you slice it

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Stupid.

First WTF pick of JDs time... You just drafted Crowder 2.0 at #34 instead of trading down

Take a lap Joe ffs

Agreed. We just drafted our backup slot WR 34th overall. 

Crowder is probably our best offensive player.  I just don’t get this. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

I don't understand how why you don't understand this pick and why Crowder is not a long term answer for this team. And you wanted a RB but don't like this pick???? Seriously?  

We suck at running.  No play action if the D giggles at your RB. 

The Broncos and Steelers are not dumb franchises.  Urban Meyer is not a dumb football coach.  Points win games. RB’s score points. 

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, TeddEY said:

Any comment on the 35ish posts you made about how they were definitely trading back?

I never said they were definitely doing it.  In fact I said I was more than happy to stay out at 34.  Many of thought it was very possible like any of other year.  Not sure why it’s a big deal but whatever 

Just now, FidelioJet said:

Team needed explosiveness - really lacking that.

Got the two big guys on the outside - and this guy is perfect in the slot.

I wouldn't be shocked if Crowder sticks...

Exactly.... wasn’t Tyreek Hill one of these small slot receivers who ran a 4.3 40? Biggest game breaker in nfl.....draft speed, quickness and talent

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Paradis said:

He is 100% Crowder.... you could argue he's got better quickness and overall ability to get separation - sure, but he's a slot WR

Without a doubt, a Slot WR.  That is a high price to pay for a slot WR, not matter how you slice it

Slot WR in 2021 is a lot more valuable than in years past. Some of the best WRs in the league play in the slot now, and this dude is explosive. 

• Upvote 2

We suck at running.  No play action if the D giggles at your RB. 

The Broncos and Steelers are not dumb franchises.  Urban Meyer is not a dumb football coach.  Points win games. RB’s score points. 

SAR I

I think more could be heavily used on screens and slants, essentially functioning as a running back and great relief valve for a rookie QB.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, choon328 said:

No reason to take playing time away from Moore when Crowder is on the last year of his deal and they signed Cole. I'm looking for the Jets to use Crowder and a later pick to get back into the 3rd

That seems to be everyones thoery.

Until Mims hammy pops again, and Moore isn't ready as a rookie, and wow, Wilson is screwed.

No thanks.  Maximum talent.  I don't always need to "get something back" for guys eventually leaving.  Sometimes insurance > another Zuninga/Morgan/Perine.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

Point taken, wasn’t Tyreek hill a slot coming out? I think that has worked out.  I’m a proponent of drafting playmakers not interested if it’s slot or outside. 

• Upvote 1