The Official Draft Day 2 Thread

Maxman

1 minute ago, Tranquilo said:

Slot WR in 2021 is a lot more valuable than in years past. Some of the best WRs in the league play in the slot now, and this dude is explosive. 

it's not about their value on the field. It's a supply and demand thing. It's one the easiest roles to fill with talented playmakers. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

We’ll see how it goes, but Crowder is pretty effective and you could have done more with 34 than replace Crowder.

It’s not about replacing Crowder. It’s about taking the most dynamic, speedy receiver on the board. The guy is a potential game breaker and he can line up outside btw. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Mims has to prove he can stay healthy to be a factor here. 

Sure, but I imagine Mims is very much in the plan for this season.

Likely hoping he'll be the #2.  With Moore in the slot, and Cole being the 4th/floater.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Team needed explosiveness - really lacking that.

Got the two big guys on the outside - and this guy is perfect in the slot.

I wouldn't be shocked if Crowder sticks...

I know a lot of gurus were high on Moore, but I think Jenkins, Humphrey, or an EDGE would fill more pressing holes on the roster. Just don’t get the urgency to replace Crowder.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Titan24 said:

Point taken, wasn’t Tyreek hill a slot coming out? I think that has worked out.  I’m a proponent of drafting playmakers not interested if it’s slot or outside. 

Playmaker rating; Rondale Moore >>> Elijah Moore

• Upvote 1

Just now, Paradis said:

it's not about their value on the field. It's a supply and demand thing. It's one the easiest roles to fill with talented playmakers. 

I guess we just see how good he is differently. I don’t think he’s just a JAG type of slot. He’s going to be a difference maker, IMO. Way better than Crowder

1 minute ago, Big_Slick said:

I like Moore but upgrading one of the few good players on offense wasn't a glaring need. More value could have been obtained by taking OL Jenkins or even a CB or edge/LEO.

Nah, defense can wait until next year. 

This year is about scoring points and supporting Wilson in his rookie season. And I love it. 

• Upvote 1

Moore is a very nice pick.  Really good value and adds terrific speed and explosiveness to the O.

Now the big question is: do I go to bed early?

After staying up to watch Round 1 last night, I got to bed just after 5am.  Not sure I want to stay awake into the small hours again with the Jets having no picks.

Probably a longshot that we add a 3rd somehow, right?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

That seems to be everyones thoery.

Until Mims hammy pops again, and Moore isn't ready as a rookie, and wow, Wilson is screwed.

No thanks.  Maximum talent.  I don't always need to "get something back" for guys eventually leaving.  Sometimes insurance > another Zuninga/Morgan/Perine.

Bingo.

I like this Moore pick. And Crowder stays. He's a damn good slot guy. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Mike135 said:

So who do they take off the field then?

Mims?  Cole?

I don’t care, having options for mismatches and depth is a great thing to have. Crowder has been a safety valve for the offense last two yrs. Moore could end up a star. The comparisons are dumb based on their height. 

• Upvote 4

Really curious to see if this is a nod to the idea that this iteration of the Shanahan offense utilizes more three wide sets than what’s happening right now in GB and SF. Maybe not so much fullback usage.

Didn't expect it but I’m not sure Davis and Mims are going to be playing half the snaps and I don’t think they’d take a more to play have the snaps either. Would be a fun wrinkle.

First fun skill position player they’ve taken in some time.

Wonder if they can use that Carolina 2022 second rounder from the Darnold trade to get back into tonight. Kind of hope they do. Some nice guys sliding.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, Paradis said:

Dude you had eskridge and rondale moore on your list of prospects for 2nd and 3rd round.  Don;t go pulling the slot receiver bit.  If you do not like the player fine but you have touted other guys that are slot guys

I wanted OL but am fine with this.  Very exciting, speedy guy.  Faster than Crowder.  We now have 2 young, talented WR and, if they keep Crowder, a very deep WR corps.  

I'm guessing that JD, rightfully, was holding out for a 3rd rounder to move back and didn't get it.  No problem.

I really hope with one of the 4th rounders that JD takes the best OL on the board.  We're still going to be going with at least 2 JAG OL starters, but maybe Clarke or a new draftee could develop into something.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, Tranquilo said:

I guess we just see how good he is differently. I don’t think he’s just a JAG type of slot. He’s going to be a difference maker, IMO. Way better than Crowder

Way better? how good do you have to be in the slot to be "way better"... we have holes all over the team, slot WR wasn't one of them.

Keelan Cole is also a name you should get to know better. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, HessStation said:

I don’t care, having options for mismatches and depth is a great thing to have. Crowder has been a safety valve for the offense last two yrs. Moore could end up a star. The comparisons are dumb based on their height. 

This all day. 

Just now, HessStation said:

Comparison isn't on height.  It's on position. 

Can't spend 11mil and a 34th overall pick on slot receiver.

Just now, Paradis said:

Way better? how good do you have to be in the slot to be "way better"... we have holes all over the team, slot WR wasn't one of them.

Keelan Cole is also a name you should get to know better. 

Cole is a JAG. He’s ok. 

Moore will be a game breaker. I think you’re underrating how good a slot receiver can be.