The Official Draft Day 2 Thread

Maxman

11 minutes ago, Paradis said:

who gives a sh*t.. if there's 1 position you don't stress about a year ahead of time - it's SLOT WR

Are you kidding me? 

I like Elijah Moore a lot more than you do, but I agree with your sentiment. To me it’s not a disaster because I think he’s a good player, but what the heck there’s so many good players still to be had in round 2 and 3 that would have made foundational sense to the team. A trade down to the mid 2nd and targeting   guys like Rondale Moore + using the 3rd on a guy like Elerson Smith or stashing a guy like Spencer Brown to develop would have had so much more value to the team long-term. 

13 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

No I'm saying he is because I think that's where he'll line up most of the time for us.

For no reason other than he’s short. He’ll probably move around. But who cares. Why are we caring again? Stud all around WR in the 2nd. Another weapon = happy. Let’s let the new coaching staff figure out the rest 

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

I like Elijah Moore a lot more than you do, but I agree with your sentiment. To me it’s not a disaster because I think he’s a good player, but what the heck there’s so many good players still to be had in round 2 and 3 that would have made foundational sense to the team. A trade down to the mid 2nd and targeting   guys like Rondale Moore + using the 3rd on a guy like Elerson Smith or stashing a guy like Spencer Brown to develop would have had so much more value to the team long-term. 

I agree with you, but at the same time - I also like what we did.

It's not the same as past years when we've done stupid crap like take Jace Amaro in the best WR draft ever.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

It's not the same as past years when we've done stupid crap like take Jace Amaro in the best WR draft ever.

I forgot all about that nightmare. LOL

24 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

No, I always pick a NFC team to watch. I really like Fields, wanted him, wanna see how he does. But right now? Zach is the Jets QB, all in on him. 

I hear you. I'll follow Da Bears and Carolina more this year. Adds spice to the season.

• Upvote 2

Just realized we now have two Alijah/Elijah(s).  If that doesn't scream toughness nothing does.

If we land an Emerson or Asher we might challenge the old Monsters of the Midway and Steel Curtain as the toughest teams of all time.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, JazzyJet said:

really dislike picking a slot receiver so high. would have much preferred JOK, Jenkins, Javonte, or a trade down getting another WR.

He's not just a slot WR because he's short, he's a gamebreaker with big speed. He's not Crowder. He was my 4th favorite WR in the draft. 

• Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

Exactly my take. Moore is a Good player but we have so many holes. We find a way to even get a 5 for Crowder before the season and like sign a CB it would certainly make a tonnnn more sense and much easier to get pumped about Moore.    On the flip side big Moore barely sees the field this year bc of Crowder the pick makes little sense. 

Credit to Sammy to Robby. He called this since last night. 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I agree, largely i’m happy because the trends from last year are happening this year. 1) we finally have a GM that understands drafting premium athletes 2) He’s drafting synergistically with the coaching staff’s preferred system 3) He dares to build an offense. 

I’m just slightly down on the crapping of draft value we did so far. Love Veratucker and Elijah Moore on this team though, they’re going to really help us be better offense next year. 

• Upvote 4