The Official Draft Day 2 Thread

Maxman

4 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Just realized we now have two Alijah/Elijah(s).  If that doesn't scream toughness nothing does.

If we land an Emerson or Asher we might challenge the old Monsters of the Midway and Steel Curtain as the toughest teams of all time.

Any Paxton’s out there?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

He's not just a slot WR because he's short, he's a gamebreaker with big speed. He's not Crowder. He was my 4th favorite WR in the draft. 

This.

I'm amazed by how few people that post here all day, every day actually know about football.

Short = slot.

Eric Decker used to play slot for us. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, Shockwave said:

Exactly my take. Moore is a Good player but we have so many holes. We find a way to even get a 5 for Crowder before the season and like sign a CB it would certainly make a tonnnn more sense. 

Credit to Sammy to Robby. He called this since last night. 

Except since when was Sims a star yet? Davis and Cole have yet to show being anything more than solid #2-3’s and Crowder is a slot on his last year. 

4 minutes ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

I like Elijah Moore a lot more than you do, but I agree with your sentiment. To me it’s not a disaster because I think he’s a good player, but what the heck there’s so many good players still to be had in round 2 and 3 that would have made foundational sense to the team. A trade down to the mid 2nd and targeting   guys like Rondale Moore + using the 3rd on a guy like Elerson Smith or stashing a guy like Spencer Brown to develop would have had so much more value to the team long-term. 

I'm not saying Elijah Moore is a bad player - he could wind up being a stalwart in slot.. he's got great feet, good hands, lots of hussle and he's smart... totally a good prospect 

We had calls for a trade. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

This.

All we saw before this draft was there was only 15-20 first round grades in this draft.

Everything after that was about equal thru the middle rounds.

I think this assessment aligns with a LOT of rankings boards I've seen. I cannot complain... and I always root for trade downs.

I agree, while simultaneously starting work on my trade down options at #107...

• Haha 2

Just an FYI, by my calculations, we are still going to have to wait about another 30 picks - somewhere around pick 80 -  before we sort of enter the window where the Jets have enough draft capital to trade up.

Of course, they could always package a pick from next year, so you never know.  But IMHO....IF the Jets try to trade up for another pick tonight, that window will be mid to late 3rd - picks 80-110

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

The guy had an 800+ yard season last year and he’s still only 28. Of course he’s not going to be cut. But he could be traded. 

which is why the obsession on this board with getting rid of him is strange

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Rhg1084 said:

What’s happening with JOK? Guy was supposed to be a mid 1st round pick 

In my opinion, and I didn't watch him a ton, but enough.  He's more a stud highlight reel than a stud player.  Is he gonna be knocking pepe out in the NFL at 215 lbs like he did in college?

5 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

Exactly my take. Moore is a Good player but we have so many holes. We find a way to even get a 5 for Crowder before the season and like sign a CB it would certainly make a tonnnn more sense. 

Credit to Sammy to Robby. He called this since last night. 

The Jets do have a ton of holes. How did you feel about that trade up for the guard last night?

Just now, HawkeyeJet said:

In my opinion, and I didn't watch him a ton, but enough.  He's more a stud highlight reel than a stud player.  Is he gonna be knocking pepe out in the NFL at 215 lbs like he did in college?

I feel he'll be a steal wherever he's picked now.  He can play regardless of his size. 

28 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Gotta love that Gruden has a mask on... approaches Mayock, takes the mask down when close to him... hugs him... walks away and puts his mask back on.

I mean, the man is a genius.

Maybe Gruden and Mayock are a lot closer than we know....... off the field.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, redlichtie said:

Sorry fella, totally respect your draft work and knowledge here but Rondale is basically a slot too, he’s barely 5-7 175.....and has been injured most of the last 2 years(this team doesn’t need anymore injury prone guys) ...great special teams guy as a returner but I’d worry about his durability if he’s been injury prone already.

Elijah is everything Rondale is IMO and more, he’s a thicker, stouter body with tremendous agility and body control, runs terrific routes and has produced...and he’s coming off that Ole Miss WR pipeline that has sent some top top guys into the league the last few years....he has pedigree ..... I hope you’ll come round to loving the pick.

There’s a reason Rondale is still available nearly 50 picks in and clearly the reason we stayed put is because those teams that wanted to trade with us were almost certainly coming up for Elijah Moore....we got a steal

just my opinion 

I disagree with Rondale - he's an outlier. I think he's what a lot of people think "K Toney" is... he's that guy that can't break one off from anywhere. E. Moore is a slot WR. That's it. A good one, but not a great use of our draft capital. That's my take.

To be totally honest, While i don't like the pick, I'll be at peace with it soon enough being that it was a playmaker on O... the problem is Joe Passed on calls to trade back. That's a tough to swallow. 

We trade up for an OG in a draft loaded with OGs, and dismissed an offer to trade back, so we could take a inside receiver, in a draft loaded with inside recievers... it casts a bit of a shadow for me over Joe.

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

This.

I'm amazed by how few people that post here all day, every day actually know about football.

Short = slot.

Eric Decker used to play slot for us. 

When the Jets decided to use the 34th overall pick on Moore, what position do you think they envisioned him playing?

Which projected starting WR (Davis, Mims, Crowder) did they envision him replacing? 

No wrong answer.  Just curious what your opinion is.

Or did they draft him planning to have him battle Cole for the 4th spot?

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

When the Jets decided to use the 34th overall pick on Moore, what position to you think they envisioned him playing?

Which projected starting WR (Davis, Mims, Crowder) did they envision him replacing? 

No wrong answer.  Just curious what your opinion is.

Or did they draft him planning to have him battle Cole for the 4th spot?

Don’t mean to butt in but they probably drafted him bc they thought he was the best WR on the board. It’s really hard to complain about that unless you’re overthinking it

• Upvote 4

12 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Just an FYI, by my calculations, we are still going to have to wait about another 30 picks - somewhere around pick 80 -  before we sort of enter the window where the Jets have enough draft capital to trade up.

Of course, they could always package a pick from next year, so you never know.  But IMHO....IF the Jets try to trade up for another pick tonight, that window will be mid to late 3rd - picks 80-110

How about if we traded all of Maccagnan’s remaining trash ... I mean, draft picks. We could start with Wesco, Edoga and Cashman and work our way down. How much trade capital would that get us?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1