The Official Draft Day 2 Thread

Maxman

10 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Except since when was Sims a star yet? Davis and Cole have yet to show being anything more than solid #2-3’s and Crowder is a slot on his last year. 

Fair Point.

However you cut it though you’ve invested

Mims (second rounder)

Davis (30m gaurenteed)

Crowder (8-10m yearly)

Moore (Second rounder)

and there’s only X amount of snaps to go around while we have needs pretty much everywhere. 

Like I said Moore is a good player.  Trading Crowder and using that money to sign the Steelers corner is going to make this look good. Would make a ton of sense then. 

However if Moore spends this year on the bench while Javonte Williams is in the running for ROY and Jenkins, Samuel, Owasu look good this is gonna look bad. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, BroadwayRay said:

He’s going to be our Deboo Samuel. He’s going to line up everywhere. 

Ok but which of the 3 projected starters (Davis, Mims, Crowder), or even the 4th WR making $5 mil (Cole) will lose the most snaps due to Moore being picked?

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, HessStation said:

The insanity of being a Jets fan. 3-4 years of having the worst WR Corp in football. 

Roster:
-Oft injured 3rd round rookie who showed some signs

-sign underachieving FA who still has upside 

-sign decent borderline Jag #3-4 WR

-aging slot on final yr of contract 

OMG WHY DID THEY DRAFT A FIRST ROUND  PROSPECT IN THE SECOND ROUND. They were all set

They're not going to pay Cowder $11 mil to not be an every/most snap player.

Just my opinion.  We'll see soon enough.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

The Jets do have a ton of holes. How did you feel about that trade up for the guard last night?

The NFL is about impact players.

When they're there to be had you gotta go get'em.

Great move to trade up to get a guard that can dominate, great move signing an explosive playmaker.

• Upvote 4

Just now, Mike135 said:

They're not going to pay Cowder $11 mil to not be an every/most snap player.

Just my opinion.  We'll see soon enough.

You’re way too worried about how they all fit imo. Plus I love Mims too but let’s see if he can stay healthy 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

The NFL is about impact players.

When they're there to be had you gotta go get'em.

Great move to trade up to get a guard that can dominate, great move signing an explosive playmaker.

And that’s totally fair. My point is you can complain about drafting and explosive playmaker because you have other holes and praise trading two 3rd round picks to move up to get a guard. (Not saying you but others here have). It’s not linear thinking to do so. 

1 minute ago, BroadwayRay said:

Who knows, and who cares? The important thing is that the offense finally has a little dynamo — an explosive playmaker that we haven’t since I can’t even remember when. 

Yes, 

When did it become a problem to have multiple play makers?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

Who knows, and who cares? The important thing is that the offense finally has a little dynamo — an explosive playmaker that we haven’t since I can’t even remember when. 

Dear god I want to slap this post across some of these guys faces lol.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

And that’s totally fair. My point is you can complain about drafting and explosive playmaker because you have other holes and praise trading two 3rd round picks to move up to get a guard. (Not saying you but others here have). It’s not linear thinking to do so. 

Yes, I agree.

I jumped into your conversation without realizing what you were discussing.  My fault!  It's an absolute solid point.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

When the Jets decided to use the 34th overall pick on Moore, what position do you think they envisioned him playing?

Which projected starting WR (Davis, Mims, Crowder) did they envision him replacing? 

No wrong answer.  Just curious what your opinion is.

Or did they draft him planning to have him battle Cole for the 4th spot?

Wide receiver.

Ideally, he can line up in more than one spot in the formation. It’s not about replacing. It’s about being part of the position group. This is how Philly and Baltimore has always built at WR. Have 5 good-great options. Not just a 1 and 2 then scraps.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Ken Schroy said:

He's fast with a great motor, but he's to short and light for my liking as a LBer.

Whoa whoa whoa, man. You've got to just let it go.

Jamal Adam's ain't on this team anymore. No need to continue to insult him.

• Haha 3