The Official Draft Day 2 Thread

Maxman

1 minute ago, kdels62 said:

Nah. He isn’t explosive and he can’t turn. He can’t win off the Edge. Looking forward to him busting.

He's playing Edge in their scheme? Strange. He was best inside in college and had his highest win rate inside over guard. I'm sure they'll move him around, but I'd expect most of his snaps to be inside especially early on. 

Just now, jeremy2020 said:

He's playing Edge in their scheme? Strange. He was best inside in college and had his highest win rate inside over guard. I'm sure they'll move him around, but I'd expect most of his snaps to be inside especially early on. 

260 LBs on the inside. If you wanna bulk him up and play him at 3-tech that’s purely projection for a 1st round prospect.

Just now, Untouchable said:

Zach Wilson’s arms suddenly don’t look so unrefined 

.... well.... I may have rushed that photoshop and accidentally shaved off some of his arms... just a bit....

I knew someone would say something lol.

1 minute ago, Scoop24 said:

Would love to trade up and grab one of

CB Ifeatu Melifonwu 
CB Aaron Robinson

Really good value in the third for Melifonwu. Raw guy but talented. I also like Paulson Adebo, but unsure what kind of corner Saleh wants. Everyone talks about cover 3, but whenever he talks cornerback, he talks about wanting a guy who is able to play man. 

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Machine Gun Kelly??????????  

This NFL Draft is a circus. 

Everyone’s complaining about the draft, music, stories, etc.  the drafts been this way for years.  I don’t get why all of a sudden everyone’s up in arms about it?

1 minute ago, JTJet said:

.... well.... I may have rushed that photoshop and accidentally shaved off some of his arms... just a bit....

I knew someone would say something lol.

No, I think you did a bang up job.

He just looks fat and weak.

And the scarf is clearly hiding his other 3 chins.

• Haha 1

Here is a 2021 NFL draft pick-by-pick breakdown for the New York Jets: 

Round 1 (No. 2 overall) - Zach Wilson, QB, BYU: This franchise thought enough of Wilson to dump 2018 first-rounder (and No. 3 overall pick) Sam Darnold – making the Jets the first team in the common draft era (since 1967) to pick a passer within the top three picks twice in the span of four drafts. Though slightly built at 6-2 and 214 pounds and with a worrisome injury history that includes surgery on his throwing shoulder two years ago, Wilson does have tantalizing gifts that have drawn comparisons to Aaron Rodgers and Patrick Mahomes. Draft tracker

Round 1 (14, from Vikings) - Alijah Vera-Tucker, OG, USC: Jets GM Joe Douglas quickly gets to work in a bid to safeguard No. 2 pick Wilson, trading up for Vera-Tucker. He played multiple positions for the Trojans and could be a candidate for left guard or right tackle on a line anchored by last year's first-rounder, LT Mekhi Becton. Draft tracker

Round 2 (34) - Elijah Moore, WR, Ole Miss : The Jets continue investing in assets to surround new QB Zach Wilson. GM Joe Douglas gets the explosive receiver from Ole Miss. Moore can operate from the slot, take jet sweeps and turn a hitch into a score. This pick could cast doubt on the future of current slot receiver Jamison Crowder.  Draft tracker

Round 4 (107)

Round 4 (143, from Vikings, compensatory)

Round 5 (146)

Round 5 (154, from Giants)

Round 6 (186)

Round 6 (226, from Panthers, compensatory)

Everyone’s complaining about the draft, music, stories, etc.  the drafts been this way for years.  I don’t get why all of a sudden everyone’s up in arms about it?
So you r enjoying this presentation then ?? That's my takeaway.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

Really good value in the third for Melifonwu. Raw guy but talented. I also like Paulson Adebo, but unsure what kind of corner Saleh wants. Everyone talks about cover 3, but whenever he talks cornerback, he talks about wanting a guy who is able to play man. 

Lots of corners slipped thru R2. A bit surprised. Good for us.

• Upvote 1

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Here is a 2021 NFL draft pick-by-pick breakdown for the New York Jets: 

Round 1 (No. 2 overall) - Zach Wilson, QB, BYU: This franchise thought enough of Wilson to dump 2018 first-rounder (and No. 3 overall pick) Sam Darnold – making the Jets the first team in the common draft era (since 1967) to pick a passer within the top three picks twice in the span of four drafts. Though slightly built at 6-2 and 214 pounds and with a worrisome injury history that includes surgery on his throwing shoulder two years ago, Wilson does have tantalizing gifts that have drawn comparisons to Aaron Rodgers and Patrick Mahomes. Draft tracker

Round 1 (14, from Vikings) - Alijah Vera-Tucker, OG, USC: Jets GM Joe Douglas quickly gets to work in a bid to safeguard No. 2 pick Wilson, trading up for Vera-Tucker. He played multiple positions for the Trojans and could be a candidate for left guard or right tackle on a line anchored by last year's first-rounder, LT Mekhi Becton. Draft tracker

Round 2 (34) - Elijah Moore, WR, Ole Miss : The Jets continue investing in assets to surround new QB Zach Wilson. GM Joe Douglas gets the explosive receiver from Ole Miss. Moore can operate from the slot, take jet sweeps and turn a hitch into a score. This pick could cast doubt on the future of current slot receiver Jamison Crowder.  Draft tracker

Round 4 (107)

Round 4 (143, from Vikings, compensatory)

Round 5 (146)

Round 5 (154, from Giants)

Round 6 (186)

Round 6 (226, from Panthers, compensatory)

That 4th from the Vikings is like  5th.

34. New York Jets: Elijah Moore, WR, Ole Miss

Grade: A

Moore had risen to first-round status on many boards despite his small stature because of exceptional speed and explosiveness for the slot. The Jets grabbed another player with Zach Wilson in mind. Moore will likely make the possession-like Jamison Crowder expendable between Corey Davis and Denzel Mims.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/nfl-draft-grades-2021-live-picks-results/12vn4s61xusn71cix3t8h0lv7k

24 minutes ago, redlichtie said:

Yeah I hear you and it’s all valid, I just feel like EM is way more than just an inside receiver, he’s dynamic and exciting and should be super productive....great character too by all accounts.

I liked RM too but you have to factor in his injury history, we could really do with a good returner so I’d give him that edge but overall I’m thrilled with this pick....a lot of people had him as the 4th nest WR available, only marginally a step down from the big 3 of Chase, Waddle & Smith.

I’m also just glad we didn’t reach for yet another OL....enough of them already, maybe a developmental RT or OG in the 5th or 6th but we’ve addressed the line, far too many other positions to fill of which adding an exciting and electrifying receiver was one until we got Elijah......as much as I like Crowder, and as much as he deserves his 11M, he’s not dynamite like Elijah Moore has the potential to be.....he’s solid, nothing more....he just stood out on our roster because he was literally the only guy who belonged in the league playing WR for us.

I got the trade up for AVT when he was clearly worthy of the move, in a draft heavy with OG’s or WR’s, dropping back and getting the same guy (roughly) a few picks later makes sense but when you have a chance to take an elite talent at the position you absolutely take your guy, the drop off after both AVT and EM was significant and merited staying put (or even trading up)

just for context here’s what Bob McGinn’s scouts had to say on Elijah, ranking him as the 4th best WR:

1+ hrs removed from the pick - i really need to stress that i don't have anything against Elijah. He's a jet now, so i'll be hoping we unlock this "potential" of his game.... this again is more fueled by mismanagement. This team is better off trading back, taking Rondale, or Eskridge and Tommy Tremble in the 3rd than sitting on Elijah. Nothing against him but that's an opinion i hold firmly 

• Upvote 1