The Official Draft Day 2 Thread

Maxman

6 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Does anyone else watch the first syllable that the pick announcer appears to be mouthing and then get happy or mad about who they think they’re about to say or is that just me

I thought I was the only one

image.gif.c4b9641ef78a95d354fcbae5788fd587.gif

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Aussie Jet said:

Rats, had to go to the bathroom and come back to find Melifonwu off the board. That's a blow. Seems like a late run on cornerbacks.

Maybe it’s just me but I couldn’t care less about drafting a CB this year.

It’s the only position left in FA that is even slightly worth pursuing.

As soon as the draft ends, go sign Sherman/Nelson to man the outside with Hall and maybe even re-sign Poole.

We have the cap space, especially after we inevitably trade Crowder tomorrow and free up another $10 mill.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

People keep fellating the pats in the media and on this site.  They are the 3rd team to worry about in the AFC East, Both Buffalo and Miami are a bigger concern.

When Beilcheat* can't cheat anymore and Brady* (also a cheat) is now gone the Cheats* will end up in last place. How sweet it is.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, Jets Voice of Reason said:

Would have been a lot of real value to have some picks in rounds 2 and 3. There is a real steep dropoff in talent coming soon and just hoping that Elerson Smith drops to our pick and the Jets are interested or else i’m leaning other positions over edge in our 4th. 

I can't see the Jets taking an edge player this draft. Will lean on Lawson, Zuniga and Clark to rush the passer and see who might be available next off season.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

So, I think the falloff from Elijah Moore to Rondale Moore or Dwayne Eskridge probably isn’t as steep as the falloff from Teven Jenkins to whatever RT/RG prospect will be available in 4. And you could have just rode with Crowder for one more year. Maybe E Moore is a freak like Tyreek Hill, but I was hoping for more OL

I completely agree. I'm going with the current pick because it at least supports the QB and the Moore has potential. But Jenkins is a beast and would have helped make it a monster oline that much faster.

1 minute ago, Untouchable said:

Maybe it’s just me but I couldn’t care less about drafting a CB this year.

It’s the only position left in FA that is even slightly worth pursuing.

As soon as the draft ends, go sign Sherman/Nelson to man the outside with Hall and maybe even re-sign Poole.

We have the cap space, especially after we inevitably trade Crowder tomorrow and free up another $10 mill.

Maybe you're right. The run on the corners in the second half of the third round probably takes it off Douglas's board. Re-sign Poole, sign a veteran stopgap and hope Saleh can scheme the defence to cover the holes in the secondary.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Embrace the Suck said:

I completely agree. I'm going with the current pick because it at least supports the QB and the Moore has potential. But Jenkins is a beast and would have helped make it a monster oline that much faster.

Wasn't there some concern about Jenkins' fit in a zone blocking scheme?