The Official Draft Day 2 Thread

Maxman

1 hour ago, RobR said:

That's a terrible group of RB's. 

As it stands, absolutely.  Really intrigued to see which RBs will end up falling to us tomorrow.  

My highly uneducated guess is there’s an 80+ % chance or so we grab a RB with a little explosion in the Rd 4/5 range.  Captain Obvious take, for sure. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, DoubleDecker said:

Elijah "Tyreke" Moore better light the world on fire!  Jets lost out on alot of guys that would've been immediate starters

Moore will be an immediate starter

Crowder is as good as gone

You don’t pick a wideout at #34 for him to be 5th on the depth chart.

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

As it stands, absolutely.  Really intrigued to see which RBs will end up falling to us tomorrow.  

My highly uneducated guess is there’s an 80+ % chance or so we grab a RB with a little explosion in the Rd 4/5 range.  Captain Obvious take, for sure. 

Jets took visits from a lot of late round rbs so I wonder if that’s where they’d go. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Kenneth gainwel. Keneth gainwell. Kenneth gainwell. Also, Kenneth  gainwell. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

It’s not going to be boring rooting for Sam. That team is going to be loaded.

Darnold makes intriguing offenses/weppinz boring.  Like he did last season to Mims and Perriman.  And to Robby Anderson. And to his USC receivers.  

On the plus side, no excuses are left for Sweet Sammy. 

Goodnight everyone!  

6 picks tomorrow, so it should be more fun for us late round draft nerds.....

If we can get one of these 10, with our next pick, I will  be very happy...

1. Jabril Cox LB LSU
  2. Jamar Johnson S Indiana
  3. Chris Rumph Edge Duke
  4. Michael Carter RB UNC
  5. Shakur Brown CB Michigan State
  6. Kary Vincent CB LSU
  7. Charles Snowden Edge UVA
  8. Tyree Gillespie S Missouri
  9. Dylan Moses LB Alabama
  10. Buddy Johnson LB TAMU

If we land either Cox or Johnson, I'll be THRILLED

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, nycdan said:

It's a stupid rule.  The draft used to be a zero-sum game.  Now teams lose FAs and get picks but teams that sign FAs don't lose them, so it's yet another way teams can manipulate the system.  In the end, I guess it's equitable, but I still find it puzzling.

I suppose the salary cap makes copying the MLB comp system an untenable alternative, correct?

2 minutes ago, ElBarrioJets said:

Do it JD:

4. Jabril Cox, OLB, LSU
4. Jordan Smith, EDGE, UAB

5. Larnel Coleman, OT, UMASS
5. Larry Rountree, RB, Missouri
6. Jose Borregales, K, Miami
6. Ben Mason, FB, Michigan

Absolutely. Yes to those 4.  That would be solid man!

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Big_Slick said:

Jets also had the worst OL in football. If the OL can't block and give our FQB time to let the WR routes develop before he's running for his life then the WR's won't be a factor.

Build the OL foundation first and then our FQB will have a chance to throw to the WR's, which may have to be added in next years draft/FA.

The Chargers had the worst ranked OL in the NFL in 2020.  Herbert went for 31/10 and the OROY.  

Our OL is bad.  But it will look better behind a real QB next season, even in a scenario where our shiny new G can’t get on the field. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Vader said:

Literally no one knows anything about anyone after 60.  It’s the Bermuda Triangle of prospects.

Exactly. That's why I hate these trade down scenarios because of the 'value' in the late rounds. These guys rarely work out or make the starting line up. Take the good players in day one and two, the rest are a gamble I wouldn't take.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The Chargers had the worst ranked OL in the NFL in 2020.  Herbert went for 31/10 and the OROY.  

Our OL is bad.  But it will look better behind a real QB next season, even in a scenario where our shiny new G can’t get on the field. 

I hope so....

• Upvote 1

Some corners still on the board:

Regarding Keith Taylor at Senior Bowl practice week:

“…Over the past five days, it became apparent that former Washington cornerback Keith Taylor brought his 'A' game to the practice field in Mobile, Alabama for the senior Bowl Practices and during the game today, he continued to shine, blanketing receivers and making life difficult for the opposing quarterback.

One receiver who Taylor mirrored all day was Clemson wideout Cornell Powell. After one particularly excellent display by Taylor, NFL.com Draft Analyst Daniel Jeremiah said this...

"That's just another phenomenal job by Keith Taylor Jr. who's having a really big-time game. It's hard to find corners that size, that can move like that. He's so fluid and to be able to find and locate and play the ball is a bonus. You don't find 6'2" corners like that can really run and play down the field like that.”…

CB Keith Taylor

• Height: 6'2″ (96th percentile)
  • Weight: 198 (74th)
  • Arm: 31 1/8 (42nd)
  • Hand: 9 1/2 (81st)
  • Vertical: 34 (19th)
  • Broad: 127 (80th)
  • Bench: 13 reps (41st)
  • 40-yard: 4.52 (30th)
  • Short shuttle: 4.26 (38th)
  • 3-cone: 6.85 (69th)

Regarding DJ Daniel at Senior Bowl practice week:

“Daniel (and McKitty) were named the “American” team’s practice player of the week at their respective positions at the all-star game’s Friday night awards ceremony, per Senior Bowl executive director Jim Nagy.”

CB DJ Daniel

• Height: 5'11” (45th percentile)
  • Weight: 183 (15th)
  • Arm: 33 (93rd)
  • 40-yard: 4.50 (40th)

I also like these corners...

CB Shaun Wade

• Height: 6'1″ (77th percentile)
  • Weight: 196 (67th)
  • Arm: 33 1/2 (97th)
  • Hand: 9 1/4 (66th)

CB Trill Williams

• Height: 6'2″ (95th percentile)
  • Weight: 198 (73rd)
  • Vertical: 36 (50th)
  • Broad: 123 (55th)
  • Bench: 20 reps (92nd)
  • 40-yard: 4.42 (75th)
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Well, let's hope Wilson can do the same for our Jets team.

Will Wilson will be held to the same standard as Herbert?  We'll expect the same results even after JD traded up to to take Tucker.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Big_Slick said:

Well, let's hope Wilson can do the same for our Jets team.

Will Wilson will be held to the same standard as Herbert?  We'll expect the same results even after JD traded up to to take Tucker.

There’s a huge gray area between Herbert’s rookie numbers and Darnold’s 3 years at the NFL QB basement (yet some here still think it was a mistake not to run it back one more year). So, no, of course Wilson will not and should not be held to the same lofty standard, at least not on JN.

But Herbert did provide hope to those of us who recognize that QBs are not solely/hopelessly limited to their circumstances and can rise way above them if they have the goods.  

Qualitatively, I would like to see Wilson not figuratively sh*t himself on the field game in and game out like Darnold did. That would be a nice change.

Quantitatively, Wilson reaching a ranking of QB20 or better by year 2, to me, is a reasonable expectation. 

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Big_Slick said:

Question for you draft guys. How many strong safety's have been been picked so far? @prez

I bow down to JD for robbing senile Pete Carroll in the Jamal trade.

And Seattle just gave their GM who executed the trade an extension this offseason.  lmao.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1