The Official Draft Day 2 Thread

Maxman

20 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

You guys vastly overrate crowder. He’s a jag.

Roster has been so bad, jag becomes over valued.

Jag or not, he's head and shoulders above the other receivers we have, and trading him to rely on a 2nd year Mims, a Day 2/3 rookie, and whatever new jag receivers we signed in FA to form an adequate receiving core for Wilson would be foolish, imo. Not to mention our unproven TE core.

If we get into training camp and the coaches believe that the new jags/rookies are outperforming Crowder, than trade him then.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Yup.  Sam n Crowder had a great rapport.

Now may as well get Zach learning/playing with a young guy, while saving $10mil.

What offensive player do you want to spend that 10mil on this year, then, because I don't think cutting offensive support for a rookie QB just to save a few bucks for a rainy day is a good plan.

Besides, if Crowder had a "great rapport" with Darnold, what do you think he can do with a good QB?

• Upvote 3

Just now, Bleedin Green said:

I simultaneously laugh and cry as they comment on the complete lack of DTs and safeties taken in the first round this year.  What a foreign concept.

Somewhere Rex Ryan and Mike Maccagnan are sharing a consoling hug.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

What offensive player do you want to spend that 10mil on this year, then, because I don't think cutting offensive support for a rookie QB just to save a few bucks for a rainy day is a good plan.

Besides, if Crowder had a "great rapport" with Darnold, what do you think he can do with a good QB?

Sam is good.  Jets just wasted him.

I wouldn't spend the $10 mil on offense.  I'd use a portion towards free agent CBs and bank it for next year.

Moore would be a great young slot option.  Of course only cut Crowder if they get Moore.

Moore and the rest of the WR corps is light-years better than anything Sam ever had.  Not to mention the improved oline with AVT and hopefully Jenkins.

• Upvote 1

I predict Elijah Moore. Would like Teven as well but Elijah just makes more sense to me. Plus there was a rumor we tried to trade up for him,
This is who I want...there are corners on the market we can sign. So it's Moore or the RB from NC

Sent from the NY Jets Draft Suicide Watch desk.

1 minute ago, Mike135 said:

Sam is good.  Jets just wasted him.

I wouldn't spend the $10 mil on offense.  I'd use a portion towards free agent CBs and bank it for next year.

Moore would be a great young slot option.  Of course only cut Crowder if they get Moore.

Moore and the rest of the WR corps is light-years better than anything Sam ever had.  Not to mention the improved oline with AVT and hopefully Jenkins.

Agreed that Darnold didn't have much to work with (although they looked better with Flacco throwing to them, but I digress), so why would you want to make the same mistake with Wilson and trade away the only reliable receiver that Darnold had?

• Upvote 1