Best move of the first round

2 hours ago, K_O_Brien said:

Best moves - Vikings, Chargers, Browns 

Worst moves - Raiders (again), Packers (again), Saints, Bills, Dolphins at 18, Patriots, Broncos, lots actually in the latter part of the first round.

That Saints pick was crazy to me, idk if they have a second or not but I am almost certain that edge would have been there if they have a second

29 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

13-3 the last two years.

11 of the last 14 years in the playoffs.

Who are you Aaron Rodgers?

Exactly, possibly have the greatest QB to ever play and have completely destroyed what could have been the multiple SB titles. Look at their first round draft picks last 8 years. Name some big-name O FA signings too

3 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Exactly, possibly have the greatest QB to ever play and have completely destroyed what could have been the multiple SB titles. Look at their first round draft picks last 8 years. Name some big-name O FA signings too

I find it highly curious how Rodgers is completely absolved from any blame in the Packers not getting back to the SB. They had their chances last year and he sh*t the bed when they needed him - trying to force the ball to Adams.

29 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Teflon Aaron, as I've said gets 100% of the credit for every thing that looks good about the team and 0% blame for anything that goes wrong.

The packers have consistly had good to very good talent around him.  This past year they have a great RB a great TE and one of the best WRs in the game.

It was all mccarthys fault so they switched coaches to a guy that takes then to 13-3 back to back and Rodgers is still beefing.  The guy is totally spoiled.  Rodgers doesn't know what it is like to actually be on a bad team with bad management.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Cowboys realizing both corners they wanted were off the board trade back 2 spots and grab the best LB in the draft was a really good move

Absolutely one of the best moves in rd 1.  Worked out well for them. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, jamesr said:

Might seem a bit obvious but Atlanta selecting Pitts was a great "move" - there were lots of suggestions that they'd take a future QB, trade down, take OL, but they stayed put and took the guy who could be the best overall player. Didn't overthink it / try to get cute.

Has anyone seen poor @Paradis?

33 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Teflon Aaron, as I've said gets 100% of the credit for every thing that looks good about the team and 0% blame for anything that goes wrong.

The packers have consistly had good to very good talent around him.  This past year they have a great RB a great TE and one of the best WRs in the game.

It was all mccarthys fault so they switched coaches to a guy that takes then to 13-3 back to back and Rodgers is still beefing.  The guy is totally spoiled.  Rodgers doesn't know what it is like to actually be on a bad team with bad management.

Rodgers is definitely spoiled and bratty, but Green Bay without him is a 6-10 team like we have seen any time he goes down for the year

I almost have to hold myself back from saying this, but I like JD moving up to get the best interior line prospect to protect Wilson.  Especially given that he can play on the outside as well.  Great flexibility there, if needed.  Wilson seems exciting, but there are questions.  Regardless,  it was sublimely prudent for JD to add another top-notch player for the offensive line.  Wilson can't prove himself while eating turf or on IR.  

Also like the Pats pick of Mac Jones.  I had a feeling he'd wind up there.  Good fit for both team and prospect. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Philc1 said:

The giants are going to suck next year.  They loaded up on all these WRs but the OL sucks and Jones doesn’t look comfortable in Judge’s offense

this one suggested they are all in on playmakers for Jones in a bit of desperation... either the lights go on, or they are back in the QB carousel with those 2 1st round picks next year.  Problem with the strategy is that it will fail without an oline, so the probability of Jones being the odd man out and the rebuild resuming increased.  Did not like the Giants moves of the last couple of years.  And unless Thomas develops at LT, Gettleman is close to the door on the way out.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

I love what the giants did by trading back, but i thought they should have addressed OL rather than take that wr.  They could get the same wr in round 2.

Agree.  And although I don't know a lot about Toney, most of the commentators suggested he is not a well rounded/versatile wr.  Perhaps they saw something or perhaps they just blundered.

It may be a bit anxiety on Gettleman's part due to the Daniel Jones experiment since their destinies are entwined.

The way I see it, Daniel Jones' pocket awareness is somewhere between imagination and vapor.  You cant coach for that.  He's going to keep getting hit from angles he does not see and he's going to keep giving up the ball.  He has more give-aways than any other guy in the league.  That is a sure fire way to lose games even if the rest of your team outplays the competition. 

I think Gettleman is scrambled.  He's going out on a limb to do everything possible to save Daniel Jones and in turn save his "legacy" with the Giants. 

Why he feels Toney can help more than another good offensive lineman ??? Who knows... 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Phillyjet said:

this one suggested they are all in on playmakers for Jones in a bit of desperation... either the lights go on, or they are back in the QB carousel with those 2 1st round picks next year.  Problem with the strategy is that it will fail without an oline, so the probability of Jones being the odd man out and the rebuild resuming increased.  Did not like the Giants moves of the last couple of years.  And unless Thomas develops at LT, Gettleman is close to the door on the way out.

I wasn’t impressed with Thomas last season.  Becton and Wills looked way better

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I may just do that!  I have to work a UNCW baseball game from 6 until about 9 PM (ish) tonight and then I can hop on when I get home.  

How’s the peanut vending going with the pandemic now somewhat under control? 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Cowboys realizing both corners they wanted were off the board trade back 2 spots and grab the best LB in the draft was a really good move

I was about to post this.

Not a huge deal, but they pick up an extra 3 and get the exact guy they would have taken if they stayed put.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

I would say it was the Bears.  They have been looking for a QB since McMahon.  I think Fields is going to be great. 

Unbelievably numerous QB needy teams passed on Fields when you have teams like the Rams and 49ers giving up multiple 1st rounders to get a QB. Elway was a great QB but he is a horrible GM. What a doofus. 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

Unbelievably numerous QB needy teams passed on Fields when you have teams like the Rams and 49ers giving up multiple 1st rounders to get a QB. Elway was a great QB but he is a horrible GM. What a doofus. 

I was really surprised  Denver didn't  grab him. 

• Upvote 3

On 4/30/2021 at 5:59 PM, THE BARON said:

Giants got value for the pick, but I don't see the logic in the Toney selection. 

Zero logic. The giants defense is horrible and I don’t like their OL

They’re not going to be good