Pauline: Jets 'Leaning Towards' Ojulari In Round 2

WE ARE NOT GOING DEFENSE!!!!!!!!!!
Why is this so hard to understand?
We are building an offense around wilson.
It will either be:
oline - creed humphry or Jenkins
tight end - maybe kid from penn state
wr - elijah moore
rb - williams from nc
The plan is to be ready to compete in 2023.  We rebuild the offense this year.  We will focus on the D next year.
And will have a complete team ready to go in 2023.

We literally dont need any of those players.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

5 minutes ago, Lith said:

ESPN's analytics model seems to disagree with Pauline.  THey have JOK as most likely pick at 34.  By either Jets or someone else in trade up.

Flip side is the second dude there is a defensive tackle. Could you imagine?

1 hour ago, BroadwayRay said:

What positions are the Jets targeting early on Day 2?

(11:25 AM) The Jets have a big decision to make at the top of Round 2 — running back or defense. I’m told right now they seem to be leaning towards Azeez Ojulari, whom they did not expect to be on the board. Ojulari will help improve the pass rush and is the hybrid type of defender Robert Saleh likes. He’s a big-time prospect, but as I stated yesterday, medical red flags at the NFL Combine really hurt his draft stock.

We are now a 4-3 team, yes? Would they pick Ojulari to be a LBer? Isn't he really small for 4-3 DE at 6'3 240? I know Saleh likes all these hybrid guys etc, but Every indicator shows Saleh running a base 4-3, and we already have Curry, Lawson, JFM, Williams, etc. 

Could someone enlighten me what the intent would be?

• Upvote 1

We are now a 4-3 team, yes? Would they pick Ojulari to be a LBer? Isn't he really small for 4-3 DE at 6'3 240? I know Saleh likes all these hybrid guys etc, but Every indicator shows Saleh running a base 4-3, and we already have Curry, Lawson, JFM, Williams, etc. 
Could someone enlighten me what the intent would be?

Same size as John Abraham coming out. Saleh runs a wide 9 front where they ask the DE to drop into coverage at times. He fits this scheme perfectly

9 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

I know he has knee issue but i havent heard anything about it being degenerative. 

Was supposedly flagged at the medical version of the combine. Some PFF guys mentioned it and Pauline (same guy reporting the Jets are leaking towards him) has noted it as well.

35 minutes ago, talisaynon said:
14 minutes ago, Lith said:

ESPN's analytics model seems to disagree with Pauline.  THey have JOK as most likely pick at 34.  By either Jets or someone else in trade up.

That is basically just a best available list

DT and S are 2 and 4 on that list

no way we do that..... 

or do we

C025A6C7-0027-4DCE-B678-0C85EB77952B.jpeg

• Haha 1

Maybe with a trade down of a few of spots... as per NFL,com they have Ojulari & Jaelan Phillips ranked equally with a grade of 6.39

"Checked in on the reports about Azeez Ojulari’s knee," Duggan said. "He tore his ACL as a high school senior and redshirted his first year at Georgia. But he didn’t miss a game in his two active seasons at UGA. Source says Dr. James Andrews examined Ojulari’s knee in January and sent a letter to teams saying it was strong and there were no problems with it. Obviously, teams did their own exams in Indy, so that could explain his slide. But some team could get a steal on Day 2."

In his post draft interview JD stated he isn't against playing AVT at right tackle & that with his athleticism he would be able to pick it up.... maybe that takes Teven Jenkins out of the equation in the 2nd rd... I do like Jenkins very much but not having to take him allows for another player JD may like.

10 minutes ago, derp said:

Was supposedly flagged at the medical version of the combine. Some PFF guys mentioned it and Pauline (same guy reporting the Jets are leaking towards him) has noted it as well.

Yeah i heard about it . I just didn't hear him say it was degenerative. . I Must of missed it

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

A pass rusher is the very worst use of resources this team could make at #2 i he 2nd and all the feel good from the 1st two picks would be lessened for me big time.

I'd totally hate that pick.

They do need pass rushers, but i think they could trade back and get one too.

2 minutes ago, Big_Slick said:

Pauline is saying "I’m told right now they seem to be leaning towards Azeez Ojulari"

Just who is telling him this? JD and the Jets have been running a very tight ship - no leaks. These talking heads are just making this crap up.

No caveats in there whatsoever. “Right now” “seem to be” “leaning towards”.

2 minutes ago, Big_Slick said:

Pauline is saying "I’m told right now they seem to be leaning towards Azeez Ojulari"

Just who is telling him this? JD and the Jets have been running a very tight ship - no leaks. These talking heads are just making this crap up.

JD may not tell anyone what he's going to do but he has to have conversations with people, scouts, coaches about prospects. Maybe based on those conversations, people are trying to put 2 and 2 together and figure out what JD will do.

3 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

They do need pass rushers, but i think they could trade back and get one too.

Carl Lawson signed for a boat load

Sheldon Rankins pass rushing DT

Quinnen Williams pass rushing DT

Vinny Curry, pass ruhers

Jabari Zungia - if we pick a new guy he is classified as an utter 3rd round pick bust.

John Franklin myers - 3 sacks in limited action last year.

Kyle phillips coming off an injury.

Azeez Ojlari 6'2" 249 - what is this guy an olb?  A 3rd down only pass rusher? I thought we were running a 4-3 attack with no blitzing thing.

The Jets have needed a pass rush for years, we now  have a coach going to a 4-3 that knows pressure and signed some pass rushers.

I'll maintain that this would be a luxury pick.  I have no issue looking for a big time elite pass rusher next year.

• Sympathy 2

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

You have to figure this next pick will be influenced by the HC, hand picked for his D.  

Which will be a monumental mistake.  You draft to build a team not please the coach who is defense centric.

We already pleased the head coach in Fa by favouring defense.

34 minutes ago, RSJ said:

We literally dont need any of those players.

pet peeve of mine, but i'm not sure you understand the meaning of literally.

i mean yeah, it's true, we don't "need" any player.  we didn't "need" zach or AVT.  but they were good players at positions we were seeking to fill.

so with the caveat that it is technically true that we don't "need" any single player, the jets definitely do need some help on the o-line and RB and WR and TE, and pretty much any of the guys listed would most definitely fill a "need" and would be solid picks

pet peeve of mine, but i'm not sure you understand the meaning of literally.
i mean yeah, it's true, we don't "need" any player.  we didn't "need" zach or AVT.  but they were good players at positions we were seeking to fill.
so with the caveat that it is technically true that we don't "need" any single player, the jets definitely do need some help on the o-line and RB and WR and TE, and pretty much any of the guys listed would most definitely fill a "need" and would be solid picks

I will give you the address of the university that supplied me with my graduate degree. You can write to them and complain about my english.

But yeah we dont need any of the players you listed.