Pauline: Jets 'Leaning Towards' Ojulari In Round 2

1 minute ago, RSJ said:

I will give you the address of the university that supplied me with my graduate degree. You can write to them and complain about my english.

But yeah we dont need any of the players you listed.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

mazel tov on your masters.  still don't think you are using literally correct.

but forgetting that, who do the jets need?

do you not think adding another lineman is a need?

do you not think adding a RB is a need?

do you not think adding a WR is a need?

do you not think adding a TE is a need? (personally i do not want to take a TE at 34)

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Pauline used to be well connected to the Jets but not anymore, whoever his contact was is gone. He just seems to throw crap against the wall now. I would place no confidence in this. 

I would think Douglas learned his lesson about guys with injury history? Half his draft class last year hardly played. Most important ability is availablility...

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/2021-nfl-draft-rumors-buzz-draft-week/ Ojulari for the Jets? (11:25 AM) The Jets have a big decision to make at the top of Round 2 — running back or defe

Posted Images

1 hour ago, johnnysd said:

Pauline used to be well connected to the Jets but not anymore, whoever his contact was is gone. He just seems to throw crap against the wall now. I would place no confidence in this. 

LOL- you realize he projected 10 minutes before the draft the Jets wanted to trade up from #23 to get one of the offensive lineman- don't you??  Besides being easily searchable on the net its on this forum.

1 hour ago, RoadFan said:

I would think Douglas learned his lesson about guys with injury history?

Half his draft class last year hardly played.

Most important ability is availablility...

I was just about to post exactly just that when I heard that the JD was considering Ojulari.  

No way do I want to see him make that pick. 

RB or DE/LB.  Either way, please get a prospect that will be able to stay on the field.   

Just want to add here.

I HOPE JD still adds another pick for the offensive line somewhere between round 3 and 7. 

You can win even if you don't have the 85 Bears offense if you can score points.

You can't win EVER if you have a bad offensive line.  You'll have a dead QB and poor all around production.

I want to see an excellent player at every single position on the offensive line and good depth to boot. 

All other priorities take a back seat until that is accomplished. 

20 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

JD may not tell anyone what he's going to do but he has to have conversations with people, scouts, coaches about prospects. Maybe based on those conversations, people are trying to put 2 and 2 together and figure out what JD will do.

Maybe guys can pick up some info from the other teams that JD has had trade discussions with or FA players agents that are leaking info.

But on draft picks so far JD has not had any discussions outside of the organization. In the past the Jets had many many leaks but there's a new sheriff in town.

mazel tov on your masters.  still don't think you are using literally correct.
but forgetting that, who do the jets need?
do you not think adding another lineman is a need?
do you not think adding a RB is a need?
do you not think adding a WR is a need?
do you not think adding a TE is a need? (personally i do not want to take a TE at 34)

I think we need two OLBs, another Edge, CB and SS.

Edge is very important in this front. If we dont get pressure we will be watching teams walk down the field on us.

We have no 4-3 OLBs. This is a problem.

I am ok with signing a couple vet CBs like Poole and Sherman and passing on CB

I dont see a SS on this roster.

We have solid starters on offense at every position and lots of day three picks to add depth and competition. The only true need I see is FB and I would like to see the Jets pick Ben Mason at some point.

1 minute ago, RSJ said:

Edge is very important in this front. If you dont get pressure we will be watching teams walk down the field on us.

We have solid starters on offense at every position and lots of day three picks to add depth and competition. The only true need I see is FB and I would like to see the Jets pick Ben Mason at some point.

thanks for your opinion.  i can understand wanting some defensive players (and sign me up for ben mason later).

but what you said before is not true.  the jets still do have a need for all those players.  they also have the needs you outlined above (sadly that means they have a lot of needs).

i mean if someone suggested taking a QB at 34, i would say they literally have no need for that player.  technically that wouldn't be 100% accurate either, but seems a more apt use of literally than saying they have literally no needs at RB, WR, o-line or TE

thanks for your opinion.  i can understand wanting some defensive players (and sign me up for ben mason later).
but what you said before is not true.  the jets still do have a need for all those players.  they also have the needs you outlined above (sadly that means they have a lot of needs).
i mean if someone suggested taking a QB at 34, i would say they literally have no need for that player.  technically that wouldn't be 100% accurate either, but seems a more apt use of literally than saying they have literally no needs at RB, WR, o-line or TE

We have 5 pretty good WRs and a few young guys who could still get better. The system we run doesn’t require a high pick at RB. Our OL is in pretty good shape. I believe a few of the holdovers will play better. Similar to the OL that left here played better once they got away from the old coaching staff. We have four TEs on the roster. A few young who still have potential. We just drafted a QB. Offense is pretty set right now except depth and competition. So yeah I dont think we need any of those guys.

23 minutes ago, FireTheJohnsonsNow said:

LOL- you realize he projected 10 minutes before the draft the Jets wanted to trade up from #23 to get one of the offensive lineman- don't you??  Besides being easily searchable on the net its on this forum.

I see him as connected still, but I would wonder if they floated this to him to keep someone from trading up with JAX and selecting JOK.  JOK makes a lot of sense if we stay with the pick.

2 hours ago, undertow said:

nobody knows what Douglas is doing....pretending you do exposes yourself.

He drafted Wilson and a olineman with his first 2 pics....that wasn’t exactly a shocker 

• Upvote 1

I like in this order for round 2, don't want the edge rusher:

RB Javonte Williams, North Carolina (5'9, 212lbs) - He's my RB1 in this draft, reminds me of a bigger, more violent version of Aaron Jones. Just plays mean and he can move too. 4.55/4.58 40, not burner speed, but for a guy his size - like getting hit with a freight train. 

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/javonte-williams-nfl-draft-profile-fantasy-football-fits-scouting-report-pro-day-stats-40-yard-dash-mor

LB Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, Notre Dame (6'1 1/2, 221lbs) - I have a bias towards ND players, but most people would say this guy would fit on our weak side in the 4-3, he's kind of a tweener between LB and Safety at his size, but I love that he's explosive, quick, and agile. He plays a very physical brand of football, excellent blitzer, and he can fall back into coverage and cover the slot/te or RBs down low. He may need to work on his processing a bit, but with the coach we have I feel like all the physical tools are there for him to become an all pro LB. 

Top CB on Jets Draft Board 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
20 minutes ago, RSJ said:

Edge is very important in this front. If we dont get pressure we will be watching teams walk down the field on us.

This is the tough one.  

OL is important, and at 34 the Jets can draft Jenkins or Humphrey.

But at this point, if the Jets don't draft OL, the OL is not broken.  Becton, AVT, McGovern and Fant can all play, and someone from the remainder can play RG.   

Edge is not broken either-not great, but not broken.  WR is not broken.  

But CB and LB are broken.  So if the Jets could trade down and get picks to draft a CB (like from Syracuse) and LB, the team would be better in 2021.  

The mocks I did do not produce a CB or LB who could start in Rds 4 and below.  

• Like 1
2 hours ago, BroadwayRay said:

What positions are the Jets targeting early on Day 2?

(11:25 AM) The Jets have a big decision to make at the top of Round 2 — running back or defense. I’m told right now they seem to be leaning towards Azeez Ojulari, whom they did not expect to be on the board. Ojulari will help improve the pass rush and is the hybrid type of defender Robert Saleh likes. He’s a big-time prospect, but as I stated yesterday, medical red flags at the NFL Combine really hurt his draft stock.

Are we really ready to give up on Zuniga already?

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, varjet said:

This is the tough one.  

OL is important, and at 34 the Jets can draft Jenkins or Humphrey.

But at this point, if the Jets don't draft OL, the OL is not broken.  Becton, AVT, McGovern and Fant can all play, and someone from the remainder can play RG.   

Edge is not broken either-not great, but not broken.  WR is not broken.  

But CB and LB are broken.  So if the Jets could trade down and get picks to draft a CB (like from Syracuse) and LB, the team would be better in 2021.  

The mocks I did do not produce a CB or LB who could start in Rds 4 and below.  

Yea I like Trill Williams from Syracuse

Edge is a funny word re the jets. 

We are eliminating 1/2 of all olineman because they  do not fit our 'zone blocking scheme'

But we are looking at guys who are 6'2" 250 as base 4-3 ends.

Or if not we are saying oh they are OLBs but in our new scheme the idea is to not blitz often and get the rush from the 4 man front.

2 hours ago, Lith said:

He had an ACL in high school - caused him to redshirt his freshman year at UGA, but I am not aware of any significant medical issues for Ojulari since then.  That said, as much as I love my Dawgs, I prefer we go in another direction.  I would have to review his tape, but from what I recall I think most of his sacks were effort/motor and less technique.

I think he will be a good player, but not sure he is the stud pass rusher we would be looking for.

I would rather see us trade back.

No sh*t, respect. I know we shut him down but he just seems have a stupid first step and plays violent for a smaller guy...

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

We are eliminating 1/2 of all olineman because they  do not fit our 'zone blocking scheme'

Or if not we are saying oh they are OLBs but in our new scheme the idea is to not blitz often and get the rush from the 4 man front.

It's amazing how many people don't consider scheme when they're begging for guys to be picked

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, dbatesman said:

425DB398-F9E1-4666-A2C3-CE2165444E72.thumb.jpeg.650df06ab5ca0ec611f8cd753505fdef.jpeg

12028404-A42F-498C-9AE1-789BE00BB432.jpeg.f39f9decc31dc4223858c87c3ef978a8.jpeg

Oh sh*t, nevermind, I take it back...hahahahaha.  Why did I think I saw he was like in the 90%?  Weird, could have sworn I thought he tested better.

After this and Lith's take, I no longer want Ojulari.  lmfao

14 minutes ago, AlexVanDyke said:

Are we really ready to give up on Zuniga already?

After seeing his measurements, I'm more confident in Zuniga staying healthy and being good then I am Ojulari being good.

Usually in a 4-3 one of your DEs, the edge position, is on the lighter side. 6’2 240-250 is ideal size. Usually they line up over the LT. The other DE who lines up over the RT is in the 280 range. You want that outside pressure on a QBs blind side.

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Last I heard they prefer Moore or Javonte Williams. Lots of time left though, so who knows.  

were you the poster claiming last night they were looking into trading back into the 1st to get e. moore?

1 hour ago, RSJ said:

Worst and dumbest post I have read in a while. Defense is completely secondary to protecting Zach and our offense still needs way more help than defense. We cannot repeat the mistakes we made with Sam.  Man some Jets fans are just stuck in 1972. 

Pauline is usually onto something with the Jets, but he also floated the RB rumor. Would rather double dip on OL/Jenkins, Elijah, or JOK if we go defense.

12 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Yep. They were. 

assuming whatever sources you have are correct (not calling you out here), i'd prefer they take a RB over a WR if those are the two they are circling.  to me, the need for a lead back is more critical than a WR given the respective positional depth charts.

Worst and dumbest post I have read in a while. Defense is completely secondary to protecting Zach and our offense still needs way more help than defense. We cannot repeat the mistakes we made with Sam.  Man some Jets fans are just stuck in 1972. 

Make sure you come back to this post after the Jets pick defense at 34. You don’t understand football. Thats why the post didn’t make sense to you.

1 hour ago, jetblue95 said:

pet peeve of mine, but i'm not sure you understand the meaning of literally.

i mean yeah, it's true, we don't "need" any player.  we didn't "need" zach or AVT.  but they were good players at positions we were seeking to fill.

so with the caveat that it is technically true that we don't "need" any single player, the jets definitely do need some help on the o-line and RB and WR and TE, and pretty much any of the guys listed would most definitely fill a "need" and would be solid picks

you literally just made yourself look stupid by calling out his proper use of the word.....like literally

3 hours ago, KRL said:

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/2021-nfl-draft-rumors-buzz-draft-week/

Ojulari for the Jets?

(11:25 AM) The Jets have a big decision to make at the top of Round 2 — running
back or defense. I’m told right now they seem to be leaning towards Azeez Ojulari,
whom they did not expect to be on the board. Ojulari will help improve the pass
rush and is the hybrid type of defender Robert Saleh likes. He’s a big-time prospect,
but as I stated yesterday, medical red flags at the NFL Combine really hurt his draft stock.

LV Shakeup Coming (Mayock bye bye)?

(11:25 AM) Word in league circles is a major shake-up in the Las Vegas Raiders’ front
office will be coming soon after the draft and significant heads are expected to roll.
The pick of Alex Leatherwood in the middle of Round 1 last night, a player they could
have traded down and selected, is opening a lot of wounds and seems to be the final
straw. Additionally, I’m also hearing about a lot of friction between major players in
their front office.
This follows the selection of Damon Arnette in the middle of Round 1 in 2020 — a
player I reported earlier this week has one foot out the door — and the surprise
selection of Clelin Ferrell with the fourth pick of the 2019 NFL Draft. Last night
follows the trend of players the Raiders select much earlier than their grades warranted. 

Mayuck lol he’ll always have a job though with NFL Network. 
‘I missed the NFL Network that’s why I left the RRRRaaiders’ 😂

1 minute ago, neckdemon said:

you literally just made yourself look stupid by calling out his proper use of the word.....like literally

you literally are mistaken, because each and every player listed in the aforementioned post is a need for the jets.

he offered his opinion, which i respect.  he thinks the pick should be on the defensive side, which is a reasonable position to take.  but it is not literally true that the jets do not need a RB or WR or o-line or TE

5 minutes ago, jetblue95 said:

you literally are mistaken, because each and every player listed in the aforementioned post is a need for the jets.

he offered his opinion, which i respect.  he thinks the pick should be on the defensive side, which is a reasonable position to take.  but it is not literally true that the jets do not need a RB or WR or o-line or TE

you do realize that when used that way it literally  doesn't have to be true.....

lit·er·al·ly
/ˈlidərəlē,ˈlitrəlē/
adverb
INFORMAL
used for emphasis or to express strong feeling while not being literally true

hope that literally helps