Pauline: Jets 'Leaning Towards' Ojulari In Round 2

3 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

you do realize that when used that way it literally  doesn't have to be true.....

lit·er·al·ly
/ˈlidərəlē,ˈlitrəlē/
adverb
INFORMAL
used for emphasis or to express strong feeling while not being literally true

hope that literally helps

you are using the informal definition.  i was going by the literal definition ?

the informal use actually uses the word literally to mean exact

lit·er·al·ly
/ˈlidərəlē,ˈlitrəlē/

adverb

1. in a literal manner or sense; exactly.
    "the driver took it literally when asked to go straight across the traffic circle
    INFORMAL
    • used for emphasis or to express strong feeling while not being literally true.
      "I was literally blown away by the response I got"

1 hour ago, JiFapono said:

Just saw this thread, this would be my preference if they're going Defense.

Same.  

I don’t know how to break this to all the people complaining about it, but this draft class isn’t going to be offense only.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Same.  

I don’t know how to break this to all the people complaining about it, but this draft class isn’t going to be offense only.

Prefer offense but no problem with Ojulari assuming this medical stuff is just a smokescreen. Any intel on his medicals Mogglez?

6 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Same.  

You heard anything about the pick, if you don't mind me asking?

2 hours ago, FireTheJohnsonsNow said:

LOL- you realize he projected 10 minutes before the draft the Jets wanted to trade up from #23 to get one of the offensive lineman- don't you??  Besides being easily searchable on the net its on this forum.

Didn't Connor Hughes trade up in the Athletic's mock draft for Vera-Tucker?  I don't think that wasn't much of a projection.

13 minutes ago, jetblue95 said:

you are using the informal definition.  i was going by the literal definition ?

the informal use actually uses the word literally to mean exact

lit·er·al·ly
/ˈlidərəlē,ˈlitrəlē/

adverb

1. in a literal manner or sense; exactly.
    "the driver took it literally when asked to go straight across the traffic circle
    INFORMAL
    • used for emphasis or to express strong feeling while not being literally true.
      "I was literally blown away by the response I got"

lol, i was just busting your balls for being a grammar nazi. carry on......

3 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I would like to think that coming out means that’s exactly what’s not happening. 

There are a handful of really explosive offensive weapons still on the board.

If this guy or JOK are such a good prospect - hopefully someone will be willing to move up and kick us a 3rd.  

4 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

There are a handful of really explosive offensive weapons still on the board.

If this guy or JOK are such a good prospect - hopefully someone will be willing to move up and kick us a 3rd.  

Yeah that’s fair. I just hope we don’t pick a wideout then trade Crowder . Like to have him and a new kid. Zach needs options at receivers even if someone gets dinged up. We need depth 

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

If AVT is playing tackle, I want Creed. 

If he’s playing guard, I want Jenkins.

Most likely guard.  Put him on the left next to Becton and you've got a left side fortress. Take care of the rest today and tomorrow. 

Yeah lets pick a small fast LB high to please our defensive centric head coach.  A guy who is about 6'1" and 235 should do.

oline or WR, the value is there, offense needs to be a higher priority we have lots of picks to fill the CB and LB areas and this draft is good in those positions depth wise

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

His slow three cone at that size scares me more than the medicals.

If we go defense it should be JOK.

absolutely. Guy would be a great fit here.  But he goes to Jacksonville or whoever Jacksonville trades with. Urban & Co were watching @NYJetsVets91 for the past few weeks draft for that team so a trade is in the cards. :)

10 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Yeah lets pick a small fast LB high to please our defensive centric head coach.  A guy who is about 6'1" and 235 should do.

oline or WR, the value is there, offense needs to be a higher priority we have lots of picks to fill the CB and LB areas and this draft is good in those positions depth wise

you are right...lots of option but I think I am fine with staying to get a guy we really beleive in, things is the way Joe drafts and scouts have scouted, I bet there are a couple guys that all fit the bill, so trading back to get two of them makes alot of sense. I hope that is case..

I do not think this pick is the same as our second first rounder where there was 1 guy that was much better for us that all the others. I thinkthere is probaly like 10 guys that all would be good for us. SO lets trade back and two of them

3 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I don't recall Pauline much as a poster(couldn't even tell you his handle) but he must have ruffled some feathers because he gets a steady amount of hate on here when he's generally providing solid, result validated info.

He went by Come Back To NY.

Had Ronald Reagan as an avatar( maybe why he is not liked)

Moore gives us a HR threat but not exactly sure why they grabbed a WR after keeping Crowder, drafting MIms last year, signing Davis & Cole (Cole being depth piece), and we still have Berrios who's a good WR3/4... We have a gaping hole at RB and CB. And of course broncos trade up the very next pick to grab Javonte Williams. I'm not mad at the pick because he was a projected 1st rounder, and it gives Wilson a true burner across the middle. He gets comparison to Steve Smith Sr. It's a bold comparison, we will see if it translates. 

• Upvote 1