Day 2 & 3 Jets Draft Prospects

Unless there's some really shocking reason why he fell, I'm hoping for Teven Jenkins at #34.  If JD trades back to recoup a third rounder, I'd like Creed.

Double dip OL, then do BPA the rest of the way through. If not OL, then best WR/RB/TE on the board.

• Upvote 1
15 minutes ago, TheClashFan said:

Unless there's some really shocking reason why he fell, I'm hoping for Teven Jenkins at #34.  If JD trades back to recoup a third rounder, I'd like Creed.

Double dip OL, then do BPA the rest of the way through. If not OL, then best WR/RB/TE on the board.

The question for JD, which he probably has an answer to, is whether Teven Jenkins is worth 2 of a [Samuel, Freirmuth, Brown, Radusz, Melifonwu.]   

I don't know the answer.  

• Upvote 3
2 minutes ago, varjet said:

The question for JD, which he probably has an answer to, is whether Teven Jenkins is worth 2 of a [Samuel, Freirmuth, Brown, Radusz, Melifonwu.]   

I don't know the answer.  

Question #2 for JD is how comfortable he would be with a rookie QB behind a line with two rookie starters.  Like you, I don't know the answer, but we may find out in a few hours.

• Upvote 2
20 minutes ago, TheClashFan said:

Saying Jenkins to Jax 

• Upvote 2
2 hours ago, varjet said:

I don't know the answer.  

Baldine sez Pitts is a better blocker than the Freir, who can't run but

has good hands

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Forget TE, they suck in this draft and are scare and will get over drafted.

I agree for the most part

But I like Freiermuth and Tremble

I don’t know anything about @Paradis’s guy Davidson, but the rest of the field looks bleh to me.

2 hours ago, Paradis said:

We gotta come out of this with Rondale, Tremble or Davidson 

I know you are high on Davidson, but preferably the Jets find a way to land one of those first two.

Trade back from number 34 to get a third round pick. Then, use the trade back pick in the middle of round 2 for Moore (either Moore btw) or use the 3rd rounder they gained on Tremble.

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

I don’t know anything about @Paradis’s guy Davidson, but the rest of the field looks bleh to me.

I've heard nice things about Tremble but I don;t; think either of those guys is a good enough weapon to justify the pick that is going to be required to get them.  (TE is another position Douglas missed the boat on last year in the 4th round and later.)

14 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

7A8DC297-FC11-40C5-895F-E08CF9AC47E8.png

• Upvote 2
4 hours ago, Paradis said:

Not based on anything but my own preferences... AVT came with a considerable price, unless moves back from #34, gonna have to get inventive.

WR 

• Rondale Moore, Purdue (rnd 2)
  • Terrace Marshall, LSU (rnd 3)… *medicals
  • D’Wayne Eskridge, W.Mich (rnd 3/4) comp is E. Sanders 
  • Warren Jackson, Colorado St. (rnd 4)
  • Trevon Grimes, Florida (rnd 4)
  • Dez Fitzpatrick, UL (rnd 5-6)

TE: 

• Pat Freiermuth, PSU (rnd 2)
  • Tommy Tremble ND (rnd 3)
  • Zach Davidson, Central Mizzou (rnd 4-5)

RB:

• J. Williams, UNC (rnd 2)
  • K Gainwell, memphis (rnd 2-3)
  • R. Stevenson, OU (rnd 3-4)
  • M. Carter, UNC (rnd 3-4)
  • T. Sermon OSU (rnd 4-5)
  • N. McCrary, SVSU (rnd 6-UDFA)

CB

• I Melifonwu, syracuse
  • A Samuel Jr, FSU
  • K Joseph, kentucky
  • K. Taylor, Washington
  • B St. Juste, Minn

I never got around to digging up Pass Rushers this year... Elerson Smith is all want.

I did take some time on a couple later OTs... 

• Spencer Brown, NIU
  • Dillon Radunz, NDSU
  • Robert Jones, Mid Tenn
  • Calvin Ashley, FL A&M

Here's hoping for a couple of hits over the next 36 hours! 

i hope we go all offense, entire draft. ive been on record, i dont care if the jets give up a million poitns next year as long as they can put an NFL offense on the field. we have a ton of picks and money to use on corners, edge defenders, etc... next season.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
Just now, k-met57 said:

i hope we go all offense, entire draft. ive been on record, i dont care if the jets give up a million poitns next year as long as they can put an NFL offense on the field. we have a ton of picks and money to use on corners, edge defenders, etc... next season.

well ok, i hope we don't because that would mean Saleh sucks...our defense will be fine...even if we dont take anyone there int his draft.

3 hours ago, Paradis said:

We gotta come out of this with Rondale, Tremble or Davidson 

I;m okay with Darden or Eskeridge (4) at Receiver, Hunter Long (4-5) or Yeboah at TE (5-6) 

• Upvote 2
4 hours ago, Paradis said:

Not based on anything but my own preferences... AVT came with a considerable price, unless moves back from #34, gonna have to get inventive.

WR 

TE: 

RB:

CB

• I Melifonwu, syracuse
  • A Samuel Jr, FSU
  • K Joseph, kentucky
  • K. Taylor, Washington
  • B St. Juste, Minn

I never got around to digging up Pass Rushers this year... Elerson Smith is all want.

• Spencer Brown, NIU
  • Dillon Radunz, NDSU
  • Robert Jones, Mid Tenn
  • Calvin Ashley, FL A&M

I would love for us to land Sermon in the 4-5 rounds.  If he can stay healthy, I see a franchise back.  

• Upvote 1

In many of my mock simulations whenever I had the chance to draft AVT at #23.  I often followed that up by drafting Pat Freiermuth at #34.  IMO we need a playmaking TE to be with the rookie QB for the next four years.  A two way TE is important in LaFleur's O.  Herndon is a Macc failure and could be traded.  He definitely won't be on next year's roster.  Neither will Mosely and Crowder be on 2022 roster.  Don't know if their tradeable right now.  Please try JD.

With no picks in the third round lots of possibilities change.  The Jets are in great position in Day 3  if they can hold those precious two picks each that they have in rounds 4 and 5.  There's great feeling of mystery as to the value of players to be found here.  IMO you can get Day 2 talent here in rounds 4-5  because of how Covid has messed up the evaluation process.  Or else...JD may have to use them to get back into the 3rd.

That's why I hope for a trade down from #34 to hopefully no more then 10 spots.  And acquire a 3rd round pick.  There could be teams desperate for Jenkins...Ojulari...Humphrey or JO-Koramoah.   Like Bengals for Jenkins.  Steelers for Humphrey.  Jets could still get good value in this round after a trade down.  Paradis has a good bunch of players listed and some will surley be there in the 45-50 range...and onward into 4th-5th rounds.     

Jets don't need to pick another OL until later in the draft.   Jets should sign General Sherman or Admiral Nelson (as I like to call them) and punt on corner this year.   Use one of the four picks Jets have in rounds 1-2 next year for elite CB. 

If this trend continues...based on confusion and poor evaluations...then lots of surprise 2nd round talent will fall into the 3rd.  And 3rd round talent into the 4th.  And so on.

IMO...trade down from #34 and get more picks.  More picks can lead to more value pick steals.  

Get greedy JD and do it.    

10 hours ago, Paradis said:

WR 

TE: 

RB:

CB

• I Melifonwu, syracuse
  • A Samuel Jr, FSU
  • K Joseph, kentucky
  • K. Taylor, Washington
  • B St. Juste, Minn

• Spencer Brown, NIU
  • Dillon Radunz, NDSU
  • Robert Jones, Mid Tenn
  • Calvin Ashley, FL A&M

Almost at the end of the third round and most of the players have been drafted except for Melifonwu, Taylor, Carter, Stevenson, Gainwell, Davidson, Jackson, Grimes, Fitzpatrick, Jones and Ashley.