Should LB Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah be on New York Jets’ radar in first round? (Film)

3 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

How in the world do we pass on this guy? The Link Below has Film stuff. But if we are running a 4-3 this type of player that could stay on the field all 3 downs surely does not come along often. Davis is on a 1 year deal. Mosely is on his way out. We literally have nothing there and this is a team captain. How is this not a slam dunk? 

JOK is also ranked as a top 15 player by multiple outlets(Pauline and Jermiah). Let's NOT trade down and lock in a stud. 

https://jetsxfactor.com/2021/04/13/should-lb-jeremiah-owusu-koramoah-be-on-new-york-jets-radar-in-first-round-film/

easy... he's 215 lbs... he's Not playing LB in the NFL... he'll be playing safety.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, Shockwave said:

How in the world do we pass on this guy? The Link Below has Film stuff. But if we are running a 4-3 this type of player that could stay on the field all 3 downs surely does not come along often. Davis is on a 1 year deal. Mosely is on his way out. We literally have nothing there and this is a team captain. How is this not a slam dunk? 

JOK is also ranked as a top 15 player by multiple outlets(Pauline and Jermiah). Let's NOT trade down and lock in a stud. 

https://jetsxfactor.com/2021/04/13/should-lb-jeremiah-owusu-koramoah-be-on-new-york-jets-radar-in-first-round-film/

Couldn't agree more. I never considered JOK much because I never thought he'd be a realistic option and I wanted to go o-line first. Also, there were good LBers that will be available in the 3rd, and that's no longer an option.

Well we went o-line in a big way and got the guy best suited for what we're doing. This is a slam dunk no brainer in my humble opinion. We need a LB, an instant starter, and JOK is a star calibre player that coud become the face of this defense making plays all over the field.

This is a gift falling in our laps - unless JAX pounces, which is very possible.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, jetsons said:

easy... he's 215 lbs... he's Not playing LB in the NFll... he'll be playing safety.

He was 221 at his pro day. Deon Jones of the Falcons was 222 at the combine 5 years ago and got re-signed to a massive contract. It’s not that small for a linebacker any more. The 49ers starters last year are listed at 228, 230, and 230.

He’s playing linebacker and he’s probably going to outplay his draft position by a wide margin.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, jetsons said:

easy... he's 215 lbs... he's Not playing LB in the NFll... he'll be playing safety.

You'll have to know how to use him. Jim Mora specifically mentioned Jeff Ulbrich, DC of the Jets, as one of the guys who would know exactly how to use him in this video, that is very worthwhile viewing.

https://www.si.com/college/notredame/football/notre-dame-nfl-draft-jeremiah-owusu-koramoah-jim-mora

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, derp said:

He was 221 at his pro day. Deon Jones of the Falcons was 222 at the combine 5 years ago and got re-signed to a massive contract. It’s not that small for a linebacker any more. The 49ers starters last year are listed at 228, 230, and 230.

He’s playing linebacker and he’s probably going to outplay his draft position by a wide margin.

The majority of posters here decried macc for drafting the "Tiny Backer" Darron Lee... who is 6'1 232 lbs. ... whereas JOK is listed as 6'1 215 lbs., if Lee was the "Tiny Backer" what is JOK? the "itsy bitsy backer"? 

• Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, jetsons said:

The majority of posters here decried macc for drafting the "Tiny Backer" Darron Lee... who is 6'1 232 lbs. ... whereas JOK is listed as 6'1 215 lbs., if Lee was the "Tiny Backer" what is JOK? the "itsy bitsy backer"? 

Different D schemes

23 minutes ago, ElBarrioJets said:

NE is back to running 2 TE sets. We need LBs who can cover. Unless they really love one of the WR prospects, it's a no brainer

I was more concerned about this when I thought that Miami was gonna draft Pitts, but the point still stands. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, slats said:

I was more concerned about this when I thought that Miami was gonna draft Pitts, but the point still stands. 

Gesicki destroys us in every game too so it's a longstanding problem. 

As much as I lean toward Teven Jenkins, I feel like the Jets can find someone to sit for a year in Rounds 4-6 and take over for Fant next year. 

As much as I want a CB, I'm not jazzed about any of these 2nd round guys. Sign Steven Nelson/Poole and roll with the young guys. 

As much as I want WR, I think you're better served just picking a speed guy in the 4th to complement the existing group. 

JOK is an instant starter and a massive improvement for the whole unit. Sign me up. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

9 minutes ago, ElBarrioJets said:

The stupidity was drafting Darron Lee to be a 3-4 ILB. He was TINY for a 3-4. JOK is ideal size for a 4-3. 

JOK is a prototypical 4-3 OLB. We don't have any of those. 

?... if he gained 10-15 lbs he would be prototypical but as he is now... he is not... I would not be against the pick as we have good defensive coaches who I believe would put him in the best position related to his abilities... If we take him, first drinks on me. ?

1 minute ago, jetsons said:

?... if he gained 10-15 lbs he would be prototypical but as he is now... he is not... I would not be against the pick as we have good defensive coaches who I believe would put him in the best position related to his abilities... If we take him, first drinks on me. ?

Ya he is. Deion Jones plays in the 220s. 

If we're blown away with a trade offer, by all means, take it. But if we stay, he's the most logical pick for us. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, jetsons said:

Lee was a small pass rushing LB with poor coverage skills. JOK is small but can play multiple roles well. He can rush the passer but also is a very good coverage LB.  

I was wondering if in the wide nine where the off tackle play is hard to defend and you need a run stopping safety , if he could keep slim, he played 216-218 for ND last season and act as an SS for us, he pretty much Jamal ADAMS sized before he added 5-7 lbs for the proday.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Leftylarry said:

I was wondering if in the wide nine where the off tackle play is hard to defend and you need a run stopping safety , if he could keep slim, he played 216-218 for ND last season and act as an SS for us, he pretty much Jamal ADAMS sized before he added 5-7 lbs for the proday.

He would take over where Jamal left off... just hopefully without the insanity. 

23 minutes ago, jetsons said:

Because one bust the Jets drafted several years ago is indicative of what size you need to be to play linebacker in the NFL.

Not sure why what he’s listed at is relevant when he was heavier at his pro day. 

On top of that, the Jets were playing a 3-4 at the time they drafted Lee, their inside linebackers were taking on guards. Lee was very undersized for that role and soft on top of it.

Different scheme, different role, better player, later draft pick. Bad comparison.

I love him but are you kidding me? Jet fans would hate him just like you all hated Jamal Adams because he doesn't get any INTs. 

He's not big enough for LB so he'd be used as a hybrid Safety/LB. Like like #33. 

This kid could have 100 tackles, 10 sacks and All-Pro and you guys would still HATE him all because he doesn't get "INTs". 

• Haha 1

JOK is probably the consensus highest ranked player on the board.

It's soooo tempting but so is Tevin Jenkins to absolutely complete the OL for Zach Wilson plus have an heir to RT when Fant moves on after this year or perhaps in two years.

Elijah Moore is a new younger Crowder.

Any of these three and I'll be ecstatic.  But JOK makes a ton of sense to cover backs and TE's.  He's explosive with a great demeanor and is a college captain who will be an NFL captain one day.

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

Kid has instincts on the defensive side of the ball you just can’t teach.  There will be 31 teams kicking themselves for passing this guy by hopefully the Jets are not one of them.

53 minutes ago, elvispookie said:

Man.. i dont know about his size though.  He is electric.. no doubt.. but like someone else said - "he is best suited for a safety".  Everything you read about him talks of him as  a "hybrid".. not sure if thats a good thing or not.

Jamal Adams 2.0

• Upvote 1