Should LB Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah be on New York Jets’ radar in first round? (Film)

1 minute ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I love him but are you kidding me? Jet fans would hate him just like you all hated Jamal Adams because he doesn't get any INTs. 

He's not big enough for LB so he'd be used as a hybrid Safety/LB. Like like #33. 

This kid could have 100 tackles, 10 sacks and All-Pro and you guys would still HATE him all because he doesn't get "INTs". 

People only hated Adams because he was taken 8th....you don't take strong safties 8th overall in the draft and pass up on QBs and rushers...just like you don't take run stuffing DTs in the top 10.

12 minutes ago, derp said:

Because one bust the Jets drafted several years ago is indicative of what size you need to be to play linebacker in the NFL.

Not sure why what he’s listed at is relevant when he was heavier at his pro day. 

On top of that, the Jets were playing a 3-4 at the time they drafted Lee, their inside linebackers were taking on guards. Lee was very undersized for that role and soft on top of it.

Different scheme, different role, better player, later draft pick. Bad comparison.

It's pretty obvious that others in the know have similar concerns... he has no medical issues that have been reported...  why else would he fall out of the 1st rd. 

Now is not the time for defense (@ 34). 

Because Zach Wilson still needs either another O-Lineman @ 34 to play alongside both of Becton/Vera-Tucker, a game breaking RB and/or a dynamic playmaking WR. 

Etc. 

I'll blow a head gasket if JD goes defense with our early 2nd round pick (after trading away two 3rd's). 

10 minutes ago, ElBarrioJets said:

We also tried to sign Keanu Neal this offseason to play WILL backer in a 4-3, so it's not insane to think that we would use JOK in the same way in Saleh's defense/the team sees this as a clear need. 

Someone correct me if I am wrong. We actually don't have a starter there? Neal went to Dallas. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, jetsons said:

It's pretty obvious that others in the know have similar concerns... he has no medical issues that have been reported...  why else would he fall out of the 1st rd. 

Square peg, round hole fits for the teams that took linebackers and limited positional value of off ball linebackers.

Obviously teams had concerns and he’s not for everyone, but none of that means he’s moving to safety or going to bust like Lee. Lee was soft, a head case, and in a scheme that didn’t suit him.

One linebacker in Lee who’s not actually that small by today’s standards - bigger than all of SF’s starters last year - does not mean small linebackers are bad. In fact in addition to being bigger than SF’s Fred Warner who was also first team All Pro, Darius Leonard who joined Warner as first team All Pro is also smaller than “Tiny Linebacker” Lee. Linebackers are smaller now. Makes sense in a passing league.

5 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

Someone correct me if I am wrong. We actually don't have a starter there? Neal went to Dallas. 

I don’t think you’re wrong. It’s probably Cashman right now. They also have guys like Noah Dawkins and Del’Shawn Phillips.

I assume they’ll be in nickel a bunch so guys are going to come off the field but someone like Owusu-Koramoah would certainly stay on the field in nickel situations. Being an every down linebacker is a reasonably big deal.

Supposed to be super clean character wise too. And being over aggressive is listed as a weakness. All gas, no brakes. Like football guy said in another thread I bet Saleh’s been working Douglas.

7 minutes ago, ElBarrioJets said:

Lol ya he's a scheme guy. And he fits our scheme perfectly. 

I have no problem with that... if they feel they can play him to his abilities then it is what it is.... I just think there are still too many holes on the team & he doesn't necessarily fill one... he's more of a utility knife & that's good to have when your already set at other positions.

19 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Now is not the time for defense (@ 34). 

Because Zach Wilson still needs either another O-Lineman @ 34 to play alongside both of Becton/Vera-Tucker, a game breaking RB and/or a dynamic playmaking WR. 

Etc. 

I'll blow a head gasket if JD goes defense with our early 2nd round pick (after trading away two 3rd's). 

I think you need to change your handle after this post?

4 minutes ago, jetsons said:

I have no problem with that... if they feel they can play him to his abilities then it is what it is.... I just think there are still too many holes on the team & he doesn't necessarily fill one... he's more of a utility knife & that's good to have when your already set at other positions.

We have no outside linebackers on this team. It's one of the biggest needs we have. 

20 minutes ago, jetsons said:

I prefer Meinerz over Creed.

i like him too, more boom or bust maybe?
C needs to be security blanket for baby qb.
creed's level of comp and 2020 experience makes him more ready perhaps.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

Who is Neal? I thought Hewitt and Langi were starters, but I guess Basham is the one that signed with Dallas.  I'm not particularly worried about replacing either, but I guess it could be considered a need. 

I wouldn't have a problem with the pick, if they have a plan on how to use him.   I just see his size as an issue that limits the teams with real interest and a valid reason for him to drop.   I know he is listed at 221, but at that weight he declined to run. IIRC he was playing around 214 and he is skinny and his hands are small enough that I'd consider him unlikely to put on much more than the 221.