Report: Jets receiving a lot of interest for pick 34

Great spot to be in with good players on the board. Jets can certainly stick and pick a great player who fills a need. Can probably trade down and do the same. Easy to sit there and say blow me away or I’m making a pick with a straight face and hopefully multiple teams want to come up to 34 too.

4 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

unless we get blown away we should just stay put and be one of those teams that takes what we thought was a first-rounder

That all depends on how far back the Jets would have to drop and how many players they have ranked roughly equally. If they don't get blown away with an offer but can pick up some assets for dropping back five spots, and they have 8 or 10 players on their board who they value roughly equally and would be equally happy with, they should drop back. If they've got one pick who is Head and Shoulders above everybody else, or if they would have to trade back far enough that they would risk losing out on an entire group of players and be upset about it, then they need to get blown away

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

It’s a double edge sword cause there’s a lot of talent at 34 which is tempting. But recouping a couple of 3rd rounders is enticing also

i'm more enticed by getting another stud player.......something which gets less and less likely the further down the drat you go

• Upvote 4

10 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

unless we get blown away we should just stay put and be one of those teams that takes what we thought was a first-rounder

Exactly, as i said earlier today, this is not a time to trade for chart value, this is a very valuable pick, and i want to significantly exceed the point system number

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

Lets move back twice and get both of our 3d round picks back. 

TONS of good value on the board. 

Want a wide receiver?   There is a bunch. 

Want an OL?  There is a bunch. 

The tiers are full.  Time to make that move back and take what is left over in each tier. 

Time to shop not splurge.  We are not Rockefeller.  We were 2-14.  Holes are everywhere.  Fill, fill, fill!

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

for what though? just for the sake of having a pick in the 3rd round? i don't understand this logic. 

3 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

i'm more enticed by getting another stud player.......something which gets less and less likely the further down the drat you go

get more bites at the apple. I wouldn't trade down beyond 40-42.. we can still get a legit day 1 starter in that range.

16 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

I think you have to trade down and get picks back with all the holes. Hopped on PFF and did a mock. I don't see it happening but if they can move down with Miami it is only 2 spots.  JOK would not have been a pick of mine but he is a legit first round talent and in this scenario added him to the D were he can play all over would be nice.

Still get OLine help, RB, WR and CB addressed.

image.png.e9276802e9f6f0bc0daf7bdddcb867b8.png

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1