Jump to content

Jets select WR Elijah Moore


Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Ok - wrong thing to focus on. 

What is important -  the guy is really f*cking fast. He has elite NFL speed. 

If all you needed was speed, Lam Jones would have been all world. 

  • Thumb Down 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heaven forbid our WR is so good we don't have to roster a bunch of Berrios-types. That would really suck, to have a WR room full of players who can play.  

I clap as long as it's offense. 20 years of this team drafting D and they're not even good at it. At least make the game watchable after last year

Jets fans in December: We never got Sammy any Weapinzzzzzz Jets fans in April: Why did we take a 4.32 40 guy in the 2nd round????? wE nEeD a cOrNeR

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, ryu79 said:

I could live with Santana... We haven't had someone like that in ages...

 

And that simpleton Bradway traded him away to bring Coles back into the fold...

Why that guy isn’t burned at the stake alongside Macc and Idzik with this fanbase is a mystery.

Trading multiple 1st rounders for Dewayne Robertson, passing on Heath Miller in favor of a Doug Jolley/Mike Nugent combo, Moss for Coles, etc.

What a useless, filthy slut.

”But...but...he banged the table for Russell Wilson!!”

Well, I guess he should’ve banged a little louder.

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, More Cowbell said:

If all you needed was speed, Lam Jones would have been all world. 

*sigh*

No. No. He also plays fast. 

This guy's good, friend. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Beaver said:

It doesn’t excuse it.  I was just pointing out he didn’t get the idea on his own.  I think people are making more of an issue of it than it was

Not really though. It’s literally gone down in infamy for that rivalry. He’ll always be known for the piss and miss whatever else he does. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

If all you needed was speed, Lam Jones would have been all world. 

Are you ok ?

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Oh, definitely inflated. No question. 

But scouting WRs is my college kink because I played WR in HS and I am telling you that this guy is really f*cking fast on the field. 

He is fast but I think it is more his acceleration and "burst" than pure speed that is most impressive. 

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

*sigh*

No. No. He also plays fast. 

This guy's good, friend. 

I expect him to be good, but after we traded 2 3rd rounds to move up for AVT, forgive me for being disappointed  we took a slot receiver with a high second round pick. RB was a bigger need, so was OL, so was CB. 

  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JetBlue said:

He is fast but I think it is more his acceleration and "burst" than pure speed that is most impressive. 

Yes, agreed on acceleration. 

He also is much stronger than you would think he would be. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

vs Florida: 10 catches 227 yards

vs Alabama: 11 catches 143 yards

vs South Carolina: 13 catches, 225 yards.

He basically shredded every team he played last year except Auburn who shut him down.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I expect him to be good, but after we traded 2 3rd rounds to move up for AVT, forgive me for being disappointed  we took a slot receiver with a high second round pick. RB was a bigger need, so was OL, so was CB. 

Again - He's not just a slot WR - that's what you aren't understanding. He's going to catch long touchdown passes and will also be able to play on the outside like Antonio Brown did

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Defense Wins Championships said:

What would Tyreek Hill be without his speed?

And Elijah has more than just speed. He led the entire SEC as a receiver, for a reason. 

What makes Hill great is his change of direction, but the speed certainly helps

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I don't  like the pick. Sue me. 

To each his own, but it's obvious from the way you are describing Moore that you haven't watched him play and don't seem to appreciate how dynamic he is. He's not Crowder. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

vs Florida: 10 catches 227 yards

vs Alabama: 11 catches 143 yards

vs South Carolina: 13 catches, 225 yards.

He basically shredded every team he played last year except Auburn who shut him down.

Adding to your post  - does anyone even know who was throwing to him?  Its not like he played with a great QB

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

What makes Hill great is his change of direction, but the speed certainly helps

Moore has elite change of direction speed

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I expect him to be good, but after we traded 2 3rd rounds to move up for AVT, forgive me for being disappointed  we took a slot receiver with a high second round pick. RB was a bigger need, so was OL, so was CB. 

Have you not seen the RBs who have had success in the SF offense the past 2-3 years?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

Moore has elite change of direction speed

I think the comp of Tyler Lockett is the best one I’ve seen.  And I’d shake on it.  I like him more than toney, and I’d much rather have Moore in the 2nd than take waddle with the 6th pick.

  • Post of the Week 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

To each his own, but it's obvious from the way you are describing Moore that you haven't watched him play and don't seem to appreciate how dynamic he is. He's not Crowder. 

We were ok at WR, we need OL, we need a RB, we need CB. Unless this guy is amazing, he won't  contribute  until 2022

  • Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

vs Florida: 10 catches 227 yards

vs Alabama: 11 catches 143 yards

vs South Carolina: 13 catches, 225 yards.

He basically shredded every team he played last year except Auburn who shut him down.

86 receptions in 8 games at 14 YPC is pretty tough.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, More Cowbell said:

We were ok at WR, we need OL, we need a RB, we need CB. Unless this guy is amazing, he won't  contribute  until 2022

Now we are better than ok at WR.

RB is overrated and we’re pretty good at OL right now. I agree we need a CB but I prefer helping our QB. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, CTJetsFan said:

Have you not seen the RBs who have had success in the SF offense the past 2-3 years?

Our RB's suck. Gore was the best RB we had last season. Does that tell you anything? I don't  care what system you run, you need talent in the NFL. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Our RB's suck. Gore was the best RB we had last season. Does that tell you anything? I don't  care what system you run, you need talent in the NFL. 

Gore got all of the carries because Gase was in love with him, but Ty Johnson was probably the most talented back on the roster. And don't be surprised if he breaks out in this offense. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tranquilo said:

Moore might legit be our best playmaker in like 20 years and some people are upset because he plays in the slot jfc 

In like 20 years, what does that mean? In sort of kind of 20 years? In almost 20 years? People even TYPE the filler word like now? Oy.

  • Thumb Down 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jetophile said:

In like 20 years, what does that mean? In sort of kind of 20 years? In almost 20 years? People even TYPE the filler word like now? Oy.

Um ok

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I love Connor's comparison to Brandin Cooks too - I LOVED him coming out of college (we picked Calvin Pryor) and if it weren't for the concussions he's a difference maker. 

If Elijah can play that role for us and Mims is anything like we hope.... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

We were ok at WR, we need OL, we need a RB, we need CB. Unless this guy is amazing, he won't  contribute  until 2022

Now we are possibly deep at WR (if we keep Crowder)

We just drafted a QB at #2 overall. I'm ok with prioritizing OL and WR. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...