Jets select WR Elijah Moore

He’s got fantastic footwork out of his release. He uses his hands throughout his stem and lowers his pads at the top of his routes, which usually provide him a lot of separation. Moore can catch just about anything, and more importantly, secures the catch to the ground. If you throw to him in stride, count it as six points

• Upvote 2

Interesting choice between him and Terrace Marshall.  But Marshall is probably more like Mims so Moore might be the better fit.  Honestly, I don't know enough about them so I'm okay trusting that Douglas knows what he's doing.

3 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

Now you are just being silly.  We got an OL we signed a running back in FA plus have 3 young talented backs that just need an opportunity.  We do need a cornerback but can still take one in the 4th that will fit the zone scheme Saleh likes.  We actually need LB more than CB so if you are going to whine at least whine about a real need.  We have 6 picks left in this draft.  Lets see what JD does with those picks.

Also, if you think Moore is not going to contribute this year, you are in for a rude awakening, that is whether Crowder is on the team or not.  This dude is too talented not to force his way onto the field. 

You know what, I hope all of you are right about him, I want the Jets to be good but WR typically  do not make an impact in year 1. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

You know what, I hope all of you are right about him, I want the Jets to be good but WR typically  do not make an impact in year 1. 

Based on what? Did you actually look at stats or did someone tell you this at a tailgate in 1988?

WRs have actually been very productive from day one in recent years especially.

• Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, ECURB said:

Based on what? Did you actually look at stats or did someone tell you this at a tailgate in 1988?

WRs have actually been very productive from day one in recent years especially.

My eyes. Would you say Juedy or Ruggs made an impact last season? Did Mims? An argument can be made for Lamb and Jefferson did make an impact but really, out of all the WR's picked in the first two rounds last season and there were a lot taken, a lot more were not making an impact

• Upvote 1

This was posted on si.com before round 2.

• Finally, two guys that a lot of teams love who I’m surprised are still around: Ole Miss WR Elijah Moore and TCU S Trevon Moehrig. Both are high-character guys, and both carry a lot of potential (Moehrig as a do-everything safety; Moore as a smallish, but lightning quick slot receiver). I’ll be interested to see how long those two have to wait.

51 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

That is pretty atrocious logic from them.

Tight ends make tough contested catches but you don’t project them to the outside as a result. Moore has incredible ball skills but hasn’t shown anything to show he can beat press coverage on tbe outside.

He’s a good, maybe great slot guy who can provide explosiveness but there’s no need to build him up to be more than what he is.

For what it’s worth the wide receiver analyst, Matt Harmon, said he had limited routes vs press but shined in those situations. I didn’t pay for the actual data but his thought was Moore could be a 40/60 outside/inside guy.

Was successful like 80% of the time against man coverage, caught 97% of catchable targets beyond the line of scrimmage, yard or more of separation on 90% of his targets. Analytics love the dude. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Oh my god he’s good. His agility and change of direction isn’t human. He’s going to make a lot of DB’s look goofy out there.

Indeed, plus the head fakes are just unreal.  Really sells it

3 hours ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

I remember this knucklehead. He got a unsportsmanlike penalty in the Egg Bowl that cost his team the game.

***Breaking News*** 

Elias Sports Bureau confirms that New York Jets will be first NFL team to have both a Pisser AND a Sh*tter.

image.png.74866e3acd6615d33ea4554c1cd56a8b.png

image.png

• Haha 4

JD, I apologize for a moment when I lacked faith that we passed up Jenkins. Moore is filthy. Crazy acceleration/deceleration, crazy cuts, I love one clip where he absolutely blasts some CB off the line and the CB goes down. Then consider that he catches everything. Oh , and a 4.35 is no joke, particularly when you have a QB who can put it out there.  

• Upvote 2

If you're just not a fan of the player, I get it. I'm having hard time understanding the people that hate the pick because it wasn't a running back. If I'm placing a general value on the position, WR gets priority over RB 9/10 times. The exception being if the value is completely in the RB favor, i.e. if a top first round RB fell to the 2nd round and you're deciding between a top tier RB and a 2nd tier WR. But aside from that I value the WR first because RBs are simply much easier to come across later and plug them in, especially if you're line is performing well. San Fran made a living off interchangeable late round RBs Jax just had an UDFA run for 1400 yards.

The entire league knows the value of RBs (as high picks) has never been lower. That's why it was one of the top positions in terms of fewest players drafted. If you don't count kickers and punters, I think it was the 2nd lowest number of players drafted behind safety. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, KRL said:

Has anyone checked out Moore's production in the SEC?:

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/elijah-moore-1.html

To generate 86 catches, 1193 yards and 8 TD's in ONLY 8 games against
those "slouches" in the SEC is pretty good

people are straight stupid

anyone who doesn't like this pick is a moron

period

end of story

• Thumb Down 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Paradis said:

Rondale Moore if you were going to stay or Kelvin Joseph at CB. I don't lnow what Marshalls' medical looked like but unless they were bad, i would have looked at him. 

We took calls from 3 teams to trade back. But stayed to take a Slot WR at #34. I can't dig it

so you don't like  the Elijah Moore pick because you INCORRECTLY believe he's "just a slot guy".. but prefer Rondal Moore who is literally a gadget player. Elijah Moore is a every down WR. He can run every route. Can you be any more misinformed about this player?

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, southtown24th said:

He’s got fantastic footwork out of his release. He uses his hands throughout his stem and lowers his pads at the top of his routes, which usually provide him a lot of separation. Moore can catch just about anything, and more importantly, secures the catch to the ground. If you throw to him in stride, count it as six points

Thank freaking god!!!! I'm so tired of WRs that drop too many passes. The ones that make your heart stop ever time a pass comes their way because they constantly drop. I pray he turns into the kind of WR we can trust to come down with the ball when it's tossed his way. 

I love Coles. He was one of my first favorite players after Wayne. I'm hoping him calling that pick is a good omen lol. Maybe Mims and Moore will turn into our Coles/Moss ??

2 hours ago, nycdan said:

Interesting choice between him and Terrace Marshall.  But Marshall is probably more like Mims so Moore might be the better fit.  Honestly, I don't know enough about them so I'm okay trusting that Douglas knows what he's doing.

He’ll be the Deebo Samuel the 49ers had with LaFleur.  Fast, good hands, can run jet sweeps, etc.

Moore will be a weapon for the Jets.  Great pick IMO.  We’ll chip away each year at these skill positions.  Last year was Mims, this year Moore, next year probably a stud TE for RB along with another lineman on O.

5 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

I actually like the player but I hate the pick.

Too many other needs. Prioritising a replacement for Crowder with a rookie QB is just awful. We can find a player like this down the line. 

I think Moore is pretty low risk but despite his explosiveness the ceiling is limited. He can't play on the outside, he struggles badly with press coverage. He relied heavily on pre snap movement to get free releases. He's great once he gets off the line though and will be a weapon for Wilson down the line but I just don't see it as a pressing need. Knew once we picked a WR early that Crowder was done. 

In five years you will be ashamed that you used Moore's name in the same sentence as Crowder.

Moore is going in the Jets ring of honor. He will get a 2nd contract here.  Which is amazing because that never happens. Kid is legit.

• Post of the Week 2