Jets select WR Elijah Moore

1 hour ago, southtown24th said:

those dudes suck dick

Don't curse, advertising is the only way we keep the site running. And I won't get banned from a network because you couldn't follow a simple rule.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, Vader said:

Moore is the Leonardo Davinci of route running. Dude is unclassifiable. His routes should be in MOMA. SORRY for anyone who doesn’t see it.

Every year one of the guys drafted after the top guys ends up being better.

Yeah that.

So pumped about this kid.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

I was hoping for a trade down to recoup those two 3rd round round picks given up to get AVT.  But Jets decided the offers weren't enough and decided to stay put.   In order to take...Elijah Moore.  A surprise pick among a rich pool of talent available. 

Moore was obviously one of a very few at the top of their list of players...to target for the 2nd round.  And JD got his guy.  This tells me that Lafleur sees Elijah as a dangerous weapon for his WCO.  Who will be explosive catching short quick timing patterns and and turning them into huge gains.  Going deep too. Making house calls to the endzone.  Perhaps not just utilizing him in the slot but elsewhere too.   A weapon...like a Tyreek Hill.  Or a Santana Moss?   

Elijah Hill is like a speedy elusive water bug.  Reminds me of the Mark brothers...Clayton and Duper.  Dan Marino was slinging his fastballs to these two little speed balls all over the field.  It was a perfect match.  Marino's arm talents and the Mark brothers was special.

Tyreek Hill was taken in the 5th round and not earlier.  Because many didn't envision Hill would become the player that he is in the NFL.  But Andy Reid saw something in him and Hill was the steal of draft.  Mahomes was the perfect type of QB to take advantage of Hills skill set and unleash him into a dangerous weapon.  

JD and the rest in the War Room were celebrating the Elijah Moore pick.  Excited as to what Moore can become in LaFleur's WCO.  The combining of Moore's skill set with the special arm talents of Zach Wilson.  That it could take Elijah's game to another level.   If you believe ZW is going to be special.  Like JD-Saleh-LaFleur and Knapp do.  Then Jets may very well have  a steal of this draft. 

Wanted a trade down...or some other pick.  Well...you can't always get what you want.  But if ZW to Elijah becomes a special and lethal duo.  Then...yea...that's something I want.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

8 hours ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

I remember this knucklehead. He got a unsportsmanlike penalty in the Egg Bowl that cost his team the game.

This sucks. It's OBJ doing that crap. Can't these guys understand that nonsense will cost their team? Or do they know and just don't care so they can promote themselves.

I like his talent but crap like this is a red flag for me - damn - why didn't JD take Jenkins with that pick.

2 hours ago, Vader said:

Moore is the Leonardo Davinci of route running. Dude is unclassifiable. His routes should be in MOMA. SORRY for anyone who doesn’t see it.

I’m more of a Michelangelo Buonarroti man myself but largely yes, his routes are terrific 

8 hours ago, southtown24th said:

He’s got fantastic footwork out of his release. He uses his hands throughout his stem and lowers his pads at the top of his routes, which usually provide him a lot of separation. Moore can catch just about anything, and more importantly, secures the catch to the ground. If you throw to him in stride, count it as six points

Thank freaking god!!!! I'm so tired of WRs that drop too many passes. The ones that make your heart stop ever time a pass comes their way because they constantly drop. I pray he turns into the kind of WR we can trust to come down with the ball when it's tossed his way. 

I love Coles. He was one of my first favorite players after Wayne. I'm hoping him calling that pick is a good omen lol. Maybe Mims and Moore will turn into our Coles/Moss ??

• Upvote 2

Just now, MichaelScott said:

Thank freaking god!!!! I'm so tired of WRs that drop too many passes. The ones that make your heart stop ever time a pass comes their way because they constantly drop. I pray he turns into the kind of WR we can trust to come down with the ball when it's tossed his way. 

I love Coles. He was one of my first favorite players after Wayne. I'm hoping him calling that pick is a good omen lol. Maybe Mims and Moore will turn into our Coles/Moss ??

Yessssssssss???

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

I’m over my butthurt about not using 34 on Teven Jenkins. They should trade both Crowder and Moseley today for other assets, picks, etc. 

I'm with you on Mosley, but I'd keep Crowder. Draft Michael Carter with our first pick in rd 4. Would be pretty nice to do 4 wide with Davis,, Mims, Moore and Crowder, and have Carter next to Wilson. Are we dreaming here? ?

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Jetsbb said:

It looks like the Jets would have drafted Elijah at 23 if they didn't trade up.

Its crazy its really is breath of fresh air in the jets organization. Coming from the clown show we had going 2 year prior where HC was hiding from cameras cause he didnt like the gm picks.

2 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

Its crazy its really is breath of fresh air in the jets organization. Coming from the clown show we had going 2 year prior where HC was hiding from cameras cause he didnt like the gm picks.

I feel like we are in an alternate universe.? I think what Saleh said to Zack the other night"this organization will lift you up, you don't have yo do it yourself" is the mantra. And I love it.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, fullblast said:

AJ Brown getting very emotional while sharing the moment with Moore. Seems like he credits Moore for helping him improve his own game.

Some language in there, apologies if inappropriate.

Aj Brown is a damn beast. Crazy to see the other side. 

Lets move on from Crowder this week and get Moore as many snaps/targets as possible this year so he can grow with Zach. 

8 minutes ago, fullblast said:

AJ Brown getting very emotional while sharing the moment with Moore. Seems like he credits Moore for helping him improve his own game.

Ole Miss has really become a WR factory, huh? 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Big_Slick said:

This sucks. It's OBJ doing that crap. Can't these guys understand that nonsense will cost their team? Or do they know and just don't care so they can promote themselves.

I like his talent but crap like this is a red flag for me - damn - why didn't JD take Jenkins with that pick.

I heard an interview with him recently, he seemed like he truly had moved past this incident and felt very bad about it. From all reports he's genuinely a great kid and this seemed like more of a blip than trend

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, fullblast said:

Woah this is a next level bromance, awesome

10 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

Not really though. It’s literally gone down in infamy for that rivalry. He’ll always be known for the piss and miss whatever else he does. 

It has but turned into a positive light.    Everyone was down on him at first, but now thank him for it.  At the time everyone also hated the coach and he was going to be brought back.    With this incident , It brought Lane Kiffin to Ole Miss.  

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I’m over my butthurt about not using 34 on Teven Jenkins. They should trade both Crowder and Moseley today for other assets, picks, etc. 

Well, it would be nice if we actually developed a late round OL for once. Those things can happen and maybe we get lucky. I am also getting the feeling that they value next year’s draft much more.

2021 will be what I thought it was going to be. Installing new systems and building chemistry after another offseason with no OTA’s and just seeing what young guys can step up. The first half of the year will be rough until the team starts to settle in. I’ll be happy with 7-9 and steady growth/progress this year.  

Then in 2022, we’ll have better luck with free agents and a draft that can be better scouted and prepared for. That’s when we shoot for 8-8 to 10-6.

• Upvote 1

It will be interesting to see how they use Moore in this offense, they needed to add some speed to this offense and they did.  Those of you saying that Moore will replace Crowder are incorrect, Keelan Cole is actually going to make Crowder expendable.   Cole is way more versatile than Crowder and can do more in this offense.  

If the Jets somehow come away with Michael Carter and Zach Davidson after today, this offense could be really entertaining to watch finally.  

• Upvote 1