Jets select WR Elijah Moore

30 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

This is how I know not everyone is so excited about this guy. When I googled Jets news this morning, there were more stories about Zack's mom than Moore and the ones about Moore, more than half of them showed him in the dog urination pose. 

I mean any time you pick a QB, that’s going to be the story of the weekend.

… plus his mom is pretty hot.

13 minutes ago, Alentador31 said:

We may actually have some WR depth for once fellas.

I would not be surprised if we kept Crowder. 

We should, at the very least, keep Crowder until closer to the trade deadline. A contending team would greatly benefit from him and we need him to potentially start as Moore is eased into the offense over the first few games.

We’d maximize his value because he’s still be useful to the Jets as a player and his trade value will automatically rise from a team getting ready to go all in for this year. This is of course if he doesn’t get injured but I think it’s worth taking that chance. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

It will be interesting to see how they use Moore in this offense, they needed to add some speed to this offense and they did.  Those of you saying that Moore will replace Crowder are incorrect, Keelan Cole is actually going to make Crowder expendable.   Cole is way more versatile than Crowder and can do more in this offense.  

If the Jets somehow come away with Michael Carter and Zach Davidson after today, this offense could be really entertaining to watch finally.  

Yes. I almost feel like Walt Michaels is running this draft.?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, fullblast said:

AJ Brown getting very emotional while sharing the moment with Moore. Seems like he credits Moore for helping him improve his own game.

Some language in there, apologies if inappropriate.

That’s awesome. True brotherhood. 

I’ll be honest, I wanted Williams at 34 or trade back some spots and grab a 3rd. It honestly looks like had we stayed at 23, Moore would’ve been considered. We stayed true to our bird. Our first two picks were Top 10 players on our board. I’m going to guess and say Moore was Top 20-25. This is good. 3 quality starters. 

• Upvote 1

Based on what we said to Moore on the phone, he’s likely who we would have gone with at 23. Probably the guy the offensive coaches were jumping on the table for all predraft.

Just imagining Joe Douglas asking Saleh what he thinks of x player and his response 9 times out of 10 was probably “he’s not Elijah Moore”.

5 hours ago, Big_Slick said:

This sucks. It's OBJ doing that crap. Can't these guys understand that nonsense will cost their team? Or do they know and just don't care so they can promote themselves.

I like his talent but crap like this is a red flag for me - damn - why didn't JD take Jenkins with that pick.

People make mistakes, Moore is supposedly an A++++ person. Awesome work ethic and very cool, collected guy.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Ghost said:

That’s awesome. True brotherhood. 

I’ll be honest, I wanted Williams at 34 or trade back some spots and grab a 3rd. It honestly looks like had we stayed at 23, Moore would’ve been considered. We stayed true to our bird. Our first two picks were Top 10 players on our board. I’m going to guess and say Moore was Top 20-25. This is good. 3 quality starters. 

I don’t think they could have netted a third yesterday. Looking at what Atlanta got from Denver, I’m kind of glad they didn’t trade back and just took their guy.

1 hour ago, Butterfield said:

Why is it that everyone is ready to push someone out the door anytime a new draftee comes in at a position.  Depth is a good thing.  Jets aren’t up against the cap.  No reason to get rid of good players.  The jets need more, not less, of them.  

How much depth do we need at this position? JD has like 37 slot receivers on the roster now

13 minutes ago, fullblast said:

I don’t think they could have netted a third yesterday. Looking at what Atlanta got from Denver, I’m kind of glad they didn’t trade back and just took their guy.

If they couldn't net a third round pick, then they made the right move.

Just now, Rhg1084 said:

Did we forget our wr corps last year of Berrios, Cager, Jeff Smith, Chris Hogan?

We already have Crowder and Berrios at slot.  No #1 cover corner and our RT is a total JAG and both Samuel Jr and Jenkins were available 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

People make mistakes, Moore is supposedly an A++++ person. Awesome work ethic and very cool, collected guy.

Not only that, but didn't Metcalf do the same thing the year before?  He was kind of following the leader and learned a valuable lesson from it.  

He's clearly remorseful and grown from the incident.  

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Shoulda taken Asante Samuel Jr at that spot

I understand where you’re coming from. I absolutely love Asante Samual JR. I think Moore definitely grades out a bit higher than Samual tho, so I also see what the plan was. Moore is even better than I thought he was and he played in my own state for however many years he was here at Ole Miss. Trust me, this is a really good pick and a 1st round talent.

14 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

We already have Crowder and Berrios at slot.  No #1 cover corner and our RT is a total JAG and both Samuel Jr and Jenkins were available 

Your troll attempts are getting weak.

Yes, we have Berrios so we shouldn't draft anyone else at THAT position.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

40 times for this draft.

I can keep this up but I don't  want to sound silly

Rank 40 Time Player Position School
1 4.26 Anthony Schwartz WR Auburn
2 4.29 Rondale Moore WR Purdue
T-2 4.29 Eric Stokes CB Georgia
T-4 4.33 Shi Smith WR South Carolina
T-4 4.33 Kary Vincent CB LSU
6 4.34 Racey McMath WR LSU
7 4.35 Elijah Moore WR Ole Miss

If this was so important you would have drafted 100's of WRs over Jerry Rice.  In fact you would draft a Johnny Lam Jones over just about every WR or every draft.

33 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

We already had Darnold at QB but decided to move on from him and replace him with WIlson

Sounds silly doesnt it?

1 minute ago, More Cowbell said:

No, that was in response to someone saying Moore posted the fastest 40 for a WR since 2018. 

Actually no, it had nothing to do with that.  Someone posted a clip that compared more to Hill and you said Hill posted a 4.29 and Moore a 4.35.

So yes you were comparing the two based on 40's and my response stands.  

Yes, I bothered to read what you posted.  

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Actually no, it had nothing to do with that.  Someone posted a clip that compared more to Hill and you said Hill posted a 4.29 and Moore a 4.35.

So yes you were comparing the two based on 40's and my response stands.  

Yes, I bothered to read what you posted.  

Ate you actually telling me I don't know what post that was in response to?

It's  right there for you to read

1 minute ago, More Cowbell said:

Im telling you that you dont know what I responded to.

It was in response to your posting Hills 40 time to Moores 40 time.

Because 6 hundredths of a second is not the difference between a TD and not, as you also posted

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Im telling you that you dont know what I responded to.

It was in response to your posting Hills 40 time to Moores 40 time.

Because 6 hundredths of a second is not the difference between a TD and not, as you also posted

Sorry, but you are totally  wrong and I'm done talking about this. Read the freaking string. I can't  believe how obtuse  you are being.

Someone posted Moore had the fastest 40 for a WR since 2018 and responded in one post that Ruggs ran a 4.27 last year and that post was to show he isn't  even the fastest WR in this year's draft. 

If you want to twist it into something  else, you will be talking  to yourself from this point.

And I do believe Hills 40 time makes him more of a threat than Moore. It is the difference between staying up and being tackled but that isn't  what this is about. It is about Moore not posting the fastest 40 for a WR since 2018.

• Sympathy 1

15 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

image.thumb.jpeg.8fbb934eacaeaa91a0fe05de550af880.jpeg

14 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Moore runs a 4.35, Hill runs a 4.29. That is a huge difference.

45 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

If youre going to get snarky about it at least go back to see what I responded to before making those snarky comments.  I didnt bring this waste of time on