JD for President

9 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

tired, old and boring

I love his arrogent rich guy act. Funny as hell and never gets boring but he stopped doing it.

Go back to the slackjawed drunken yokels that cant afford your section. The one with lunch boxes

56 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Thank you.

The consensus highest risk QB.  Takes him at 2.

Trades up to grab a tackle.

Stands pat and takes a 5'9" WR to save cap by dropping the biggest playmaker on the team.

Watches the Steelers, Jaguars, and Broncos get dominating RB's.

Outside of eager Jets fans' wishful thinking, this draft is a C- right now.

SAR I

G!

A!

S!

E!

GASE!

GASE!

GASE!

• Thumb Down 1

33 minutes ago, slats said:

Just sucks watching one of the all-time greats disintegrating right before my eyes. 

Time to hang 'em up, SAR. This game has passed you by. 

This isn't some popularity contest and, clearly, I couldn't care less what those of you who care about such things think. 

Yesterday I felt good about the draft, today I don't.  Three very important picks.  One extremely high risk, one cost us picks to move up, the third didn't improve the team.  Let's see what draft experts think tomorrow.  Let's see what the draft grades look like.

SAR I

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

This isn't some popularity contest and, clearly, I couldn't care less what those of you who care about such things think. 

Yesterday I felt good about the draft, today I don't.  Three very important picks.  One extremely high risk, one cost us picks to move up, the third didn't improve the team.  Let's see what draft experts think tomorrow.  Let's see what the draft grades look like.

SAR I

It's lazy trolling.  Take the majority opinion of the board and go the opposite way.  Amazing so many people still take you seriously, but then again PatsFanTX was a thing for how many years? 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Zach Wilson, Vera Tucker and Elijah Moore.  An absolute dream draft so far.  I am speechless at what Joe is doing.

Now package 2 of the 4s and get back into the 3rd to get a tight end(tommy tremble) 

Lets go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jabril Cox would be a nice target imo

1 minute ago, shuler82 said:

It's lazy trolling.  

No, it's lazy homerism.  This isn't some amazing draft when the most important pick is a diceroll, you have to trade picks away to move up, and you take a tiny slot receiver to replace the one you already have.  This is a scary draft.  No different than last year, no different than the free agency periods.  Boom or bust.  To date, it's been bust.  Unless you think 7-9 to 2-14 is a reason for a Joe Douglas parade.

SAR I

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Yeah, take a look at the draft grades. Let us all know. I'd like to hear more about how Zach Wilson is the consensus riskiest QB in the draft, too. 

I'm interested to see how they look on the field. 

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

No, it's lazy homerism.  This isn't some amazing draft when the most important pick is a diceroll, you have to trade picks away to move up, and you take a tiny slot receiver to replace the one you already have.  This is a scary draft.  No different than last year, no different than the free agency periods.  Boom or bust.  To date, it's been bust.  Unless you think 7-9 to 2-14 is a reason for a Joe Douglas parade.

SAR I

I get that . The take draft three day 1 offensive starters in the first two days of the draft thing is getting old. Been almost 48 hours already. 

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

I get that . The draft three day 1 offensive starters in the first two days of the draft thing is getting old. Been almost 48 hours already. 

The Jets have bigger needs than replacing the biggest offensive playmaker on the roster with a rookie:

____ Yes

____ No

SAR I

43 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Or better yet, let's see how they play on the field...

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

*consensus #2 QB prospect — and if not consensus then pretty damn close to it.

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

Vera-Tucker is a Guard silly goose. You know, the position we needed to address the most on the OL.

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

Stands pat and takes a 5'9" WR to save cap by dropping the biggest playmaker on the team.

5’10 & that hasn’t even happened yet. Can we find patience and wait to bitch about things until they actually happen?

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

Watches the Steelers, Jaguars, and Broncos get dominating RB's

Goofy to think the Jets, with all their holes, would take a RB in round 2. I’ll take Moore at his spot & Michael Carter in round 4.

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

well every other year it’s been an FU+ so I’ll take what I can get.

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

*consensus #2 QB prospect — and if not consensus then pretty damn close to it.

Vera-Tucker is a Guard silly goose. You know, the position we needed to address the most on the OL.

5’10 & that hasn’t even happened yet. Can we find patience and wait to bitch about things until they actually happen?

Goofy to think the Jets, with all their holes, would take a RB in round 2. I’ll take Moore at his spot & Michael Carter in round 4.

well every other year it’s been an FU+ so I’ll take what I can get.

We took a G and a WR because they fell to us unexpectedly.  It wasn’t what we were planning.  Like Geno Smith.  

SAR I

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

Yes.  Especially because we passed on Najee and Travis.  

SAR I

Fair. He was my top choice as well but Moore was #2 right behind him. Listen, if it makes you feel any better, forget me, forget the media, for the pundits. All world WR Reggie Wayne loves him. Santana moss says he reminds him of himself. Kid can separate, he will help.

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, slats said:

Yeah, take a look at the draft grades. Let us all know. I'd like to hear more about how Zach Wilson is the consensus riskiest QB in the draft, too. 

I'm interested to see how they look on the field. 

Your daily reminder that the 49ers traded 3 1s for a guy with 311 passes.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, SAR I said:

We took a G and a WR because they fell to us unexpectedly.  It wasn’t what we were planning.  Like Geno Smith.  

SAR I

Wrong. We traded up for the best guard in the draft who was set to go at any pick. The Jets said Moore was on their top 25 board, which I assume, confirms the rumor that they tried to trade up for him as well at first.

These were highly coveted players by our franchise. Cut it out.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

I remember when people in this thread were praising Mac...3 years into his tenure..

I think Douglas has a plan and is executing on it, but damn folks...the plan actually has to work too

Really? I thought we all killed him for taking back to back safeties and then killed him for Hackenberg and then killed him for Nathan Shepherd in the 3rd.

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

Thank you.

Watches the Steelers, Jaguars, and Broncos get dominating RB's.

SAR I

I don't totally disagree with what you are saying but your glass is half empty. Zack is a highly accurate passer that can make the easy plays all day long and some hard ones and he has a very catchable ball unlike Darnold's bricks. Zack is gonna be real good. Tackle is a day one starter without a doubt. Potential All Pro - can't go wrong there. Elijah Moore is a friggin weapon - receiving and running. He will be our leading receiver - he will get the ball 10-15 times a game. 

This Jet team now has the weapons to win games. Great draft. More wins created!