Need to get back into the 3rd. Even if it means throwing a ‘22 second out there.

Eh, I was in the “get another third” camp but honestly I think I’m pretty content right now. It feels odd because there’s this huge gap until they pick again but they’ve already taken three of the top 34 prospects. I’ll take two 1s, a 2 and no 3s every year.

7 minutes ago, riggy001 said:

Absolutely not, for rest of night, sign sherman, and see what you can get for Crowder, if nothing, cut him and use 10 mill on another fa cb, etc

No way do you cut Jamison Crowder!

He's an awesome receiver who has ability to get open for a young Zach Wilson. 

He's also the perfect veteran WR leader for young hopefuls in Mims/Davis/Elijah. 

Injuries happen too. 

When healthy omg. Davis/Mims/Elijah/Crowder is potentially A+ for Zach. 

Behind an up and coming talented O-Line? Where our WRs could have time to burn secondaries?

Crazy to CUT Jamison Crowder or even trade him right now...

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

20 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

He's also the perfect veteran WR leader for young hopefuls in Mims/Davis/Elijah. 

Injuries happen too. 

Behind an up and coming talented O-Line? Where our WRs could have time to burn secondaries?

100%

My feeling is that he has to be on the opening day roster. If the team feels that Moore, Cole and/or Berrios can handle the slot duties once the games are under way, start listening to trade offers at that time. You need some veteran presence on a football team, and Crowder is pretty much it on the Jets. 

• Upvote 1

What do you absolutely have to have tonight that you're willing to give up future draft assets to get it? 

The team has six more picks tomorrow. I think I'm gonna put something on HBO MAX. 

• Upvote 1

Hopefully they keep monitoring the board. I think there are several guys who would be exciting to grab at this stage in the draft. Once that narrows to one or two guys, see what it takes. I’m sure they’ve had conversations to see who’s open to moving out of this year. Giants are almost certainly in play since they just want to accumulate for next year.

27 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Injuries happen too. 

Relax, i am ok if we keep him, just not sure JD is gonna spend 10 mill on 4th receiver.... 

3 minutes ago, slats said:

What do you absolutely have to have tonight that you're willing to give up future draft assets to get it? 

The team has six more picks tomorrow. I think I'm gonna put something on HBO MAX. 

I agree. I think it’s just the impulsiveness of not wanting to wait until tomorrow. 

I get it, I wish we had another too, but it is what it is at this point. 

1 hour ago, Aaron Hernandez said:

I got No clue what's happening this year. I'm just glad we're going offense finally. Who we trading up for? That's the real question. We can't just do it to do it

Mostly so we can continue watching the draft tonight with meaning? 

13 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Mostly so we can continue watching the draft tonight with meaning? 

Fair enough. I shut it off after the best Macho Man impression I've ever seen. I figure with no 3rd rounder it was a high note. I want that dude at my birthday. He nailed the mannerisms down to the Goodell handshake and I'm a picky Macho Man connoisseur 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Aaron Hernandez said:

Fair enough. I shut it off after the best Macho Man impression I've ever seen. I figure with no 3rd rounder it was a high note. I want that dude at my birthday. He nailed the mannerisms down to the Goodell handshake and I'm a picky Macho Man connoisseur 

I’m still holding out for a last minute push back in that will never come. 

26 minutes ago, Ecuadorian Jet said:

with have two 4ths, two 5ths and two 6ths, any chance to get back to the 3rd round using some of those?

This could happen if there’s a defensive player they want.  I could see them using a 5th or so to get back into the late 3rd round. I mean, they do have 6 more picks.

1 hour ago, freestater said:

No. Next years picks with full evaluations are more valuable than ever. 

No. 

EXACTLY! Some people just don't get the fact that JD getting the 2nd and 4th for Sam in next year's draft was pure brilliance. You hear executives all over the league saying that next year's picks are way more valuable than this year. That's why he traded up for the sure thing and he ended up with 3 1st round talents this year. Way better than keeping the 2 3rds and/or trading down in the 2nd.