Who u like in Round 4?

I'm probably going to be happy with whoever we draft. I like the way Joe Douglas drafts.

With that said, Trey Smith, Jabril Cox, and Brevin Jordan would be my targets for the early 4th.

For the late 4th, I would be looking at RB. Gainwell or Hubbard.

Then in the 5th, get Ben Mason FB. The rest of the picks can be defense.

my Day 3 favorites:

Brevin Jordan    TE Miami (FL)

Trey Smith    OG Tennessee
Jabril Cox        LB LSU
Michael Carter    RB North Carolina
Dylan Moses    LB Alabama
Kenneth Gainwell    RB Memphis
Deonte Brown    OG Alabama
Quincy Roche    EDGE Miami (FL)
Hamilcar Rashed Jr.    EDGE Oregon State
Caden Sterns    S Texas
Adrian Ealy    OT Oklahoma
Drake Jackson    OC Kentucky
Charles Snowden    LB Virginia
Tommy Doyle    OT Miami (OH)
Shaka Toney    EDGE Penn State
Trey Hill        OC Georgia
Nick Eubanks    TE Michigan
Landon Young    OT Kentucky
JaCoby Stevens    S LSU
Kary Vincent Jr.    CB LSU
Jack Anderson    OG Texas Tech
Alaric Jackson    OT Iowa
Israel Mukuamu    S South Carolina
Erroll Thompson    LB Mississippi State
Chris Rumph II    EDGE Duke

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

3 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

I'm probably going to be happy with whoever we draft. I like the way Joe Douglas drafts.

With that said, Trey Smith, Jabril Cox, and Brevin Jordan would be my targets for the early 4th.

For the late 4th, I would be looking at RB. Gainwell or Hubbard.

Then in the 5th, get Ben Mason FB. The rest of the picks can be defense.

Mason should be a must get, honestly.

Especially with Tremble gone 

• Upvote 4

Just now, Ecuadorian Jet said:

my Day 3 favorites:

Trey Smith    OG Tennessee
Jabril Cox        LB LSU
Michael Carter    RB North Carolina
Dylan Moses    LB Alabama
Brevin Jordan    TE Miami (FL)
Kenneth Gainwell    RB Memphis
Deonte Brown    OG Alabama
Quincy Roche    EDGE Miami (FL)
Hamilcar Rashed Jr.    EDGE Oregon State
Caden Sterns    S Texas
Adrian Ealy    OT Oklahoma
Drake Jackson    OC Kentucky
Charles Snowden    LB Virginia
Tommy Doyle    OT Miami (OH)
Shaka Toney    EDGE Penn State
Trey Hill        OC Georgia
Nick Eubanks    TE Michigan
Landon Young    OT Kentucky
JaCoby Stevens    S LSU
Kary Vincent Jr.    CB LSU
Jack Anderson    OG Texas Tech
Alaric Jackson    OT Iowa
Israel Mukuamu    S South Carolina
Erroll Thompson    LB Mississippi State
Chris Rumph II    EDGE Duke

So basically everyone? Is that what you're saying? Just making sure.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Didn't Trey Smith have a medical issue, blood clots maybe?  If so, is he draftable?

I think he had blood clotting issues. I don’t know if that makes him undraftable. At some point the talent is too good to pass up. It’s like Hall last year...benefits outweigh the negatives.

We need to pounce on Jabril Cox, I really like Michael Carter but we can get other RBs later in the round, there are basically no LBers left. I think McGrone is still on the board but Cox is a great fit for this defense.

The Miami TE is too much of a luxury that we cannot afford right now. TE can wait a year.

• Post of the Week 1

As a Vol alumnus, I'm biased and would like the Jets to draft Trey Smith.  However, he does have a potentially serious health issue involving blood clots in his lungs. IIRC, the problem was very serious back in 2018, and I think he takes blood thinners.

If his medical issue can be mitigated, he could be a steal.  

I took a look at the late-round prospects and these are the players I thought were good fits for the Jets.  I believe they are all still available.  I am certain we will be adding a safety and a linebacker.  For our next pick, I think Nasirildeen - Safety and Dalman - Center represent the best value. 

We have been linked to JaCoby Stevens and Trill WIlliams.

STRONG SAFETIES:

Hamsah Nasirildeen is a strong safety who is 6' 3" 215 lbs and carries a 3d-round grade.  This versatile player can line up deep or in the box and is a candidate to be our starting WILL.  Ourlads said he is a sound "fundamental tackler" and is a "solid zone defender".   He has the ideal prototype with can't teach skills like his 34.5" arms and 10" hands.   He is a good candidate to wear the Green since he is a great fit and can fill several roles.  This is true whether we are in the 4-3-4 or the 4-2-5 or 4-1-6.    He is experienced on the coverage units.  I would be surprised if the Jets took him in the 3d since we have other pressing needs, but starting with pick 108 in the fourth watch for his name.  To my knowledge, he has not been linked to the Jets in pre-draft interviews.

JaCoby Stevens is a strong safety who is 6' 1" 216 lbs and carries a 5th-round grade.  Ourlads said "he has played linebacker, deep safety, and as a hybrid" overhang player on the edge.  An "explosive tackler" he is at home in the box but has the versatility to play multiple roles.  Stevens has been linked to the Jets in pre-draft interviews.  Like Nasirildeen, he is a candidate to start at the WILL as well as in the box.   The Jets obviously like him and I could see him join us in the 5th.

Brady Breeze is a strong Safety who is 5' 10" 190 and carries a 5th-round grade.  Ourlads said "he has outstanding ball skills".  He is experienced in the box and "as a deep safety in cover two and quarters".  He is a good fit for a zone heavy scheme like the Jets and is an outstanding special teams player.  Small for a box safety, I would look for him in the sixth or as a free agent.  

FREE SAFETIES: 

Trill Williams is a free safety who is 6' 2" 200 lbs and carries a 4th round grade.  This versatile player lined up at corner, safety and nickel back and is a solid tackler.  A long strider with excellent length, he is an experienced zone defender and has played a lot of off man in the slot and on the outside.  He has been linked to the Jets in pre-draft interviews.  Like Jacoby Stevens above, Trill Williams can fill multiple roles which permits Saleh to disguise the pre-snap coverages.  I would look for him in the 5th.

Brandon While is a free safety who is 6' 2" 220 lbs and carries a 7th round grade.  This hammerhead safety hit like a truck and Ourlads said "he is at his best in zone coverage".  An outstanding special teams player.  I would look for him with our last 6th round pick or as an undrafted free agent.  Like JaCoby Stevens and Trill Williams he has excellent height and length and can play multiple roles.

CORNERS:

Israel Mukuamu is 6' 4" 205 and carries a 4th round grade.  Another big press corner, he also projects at safety.  Has wonderful length - 6' 4" with 34" arms and 9.5" hands.  It makes it difficult to throw over him in zone coverage and he gets his hands on a lot of balls.   He rarely misses tackles and makes the most of his excellent length.  Ourlads said "he will battle and still has upside".  They like his potential at safety and as the corner assigned to the big receivers in the NFL.  He is a good fit for the Jets. 

Mark Webb is 6' 1" 210 and carries a 6th round grade.  He has played corner, safety and nickel back and is a solid special teams player.  I could see us take him with our last 6th round pick or sign him if he goes undrafted. 

CENTERS:

Drew Dalman has a 4th round grade and is ranked at #134 overall.  Dalman is a "center only" prospect and does not project at guard.  Nor does he offer scheme versatility.  He is a "zone only" and "center only" player.  He is too light at 286 lbs for a man scheme.  Nor does he have room for more weight and is a finished product.  Highly intelligent - he went to Stanford - Ourlads says "he is a day one starter" in a zone scheme.  The son of OL Chris Dalman, he reminds me of Tom Nalen - the long-time pro bowl center for the Broncos.  Nalen played in a zone scheme at 260 lbs and the whole league was afraid of him.  Zone schemes value quickness and lateral agility over raw bulk and power.  Like Nalen, Dalman is an ideal fit for the zone scheme we are running.  Would I take him at #107?  No.  Would I take him at #146?  Yes, I would.  If we like somebody better at another position, I would pass and see if we can get him later.  This is why.

Michael Menet out of Penn State, Trey Hill out of Georgia and Jimmy Morrissey out of Pitt are all great fits for a zone scheme.  All have potential to develop into starters.  All are cheap.  Menet carries a 6th round grade, Hill and Morrissey carry 7th round grades.  It is certainly possible that none of them get drafted.  I would be happy to bring one in with one of our 6th round picks and develop him.  Menet is an athletic center who is a good fit for a zone scheme but needs to get stronger.  Hill is a farking monster who also has the wheels and quickness to play zone.  He has positional versatility and could develop at guard or center.  He needs work on his technique and is not ready or he would go earlier.  Like Dalmen, Morrissey is a "center only" and "zone scheme" only player.  Because Dalman, Menet and Morressey lack both positional and scheme versatility, they are going to go later in the draft than players like Humphrey who offers both.  Hill is still raw and will take time to develop.  I could see him going earlier than his grade because he offers positional and scheme versatility. 

LINEBACKERS:

MIKES:

Cameron McGrone (an excellent name for a linebacker) is another traditional Mike.  He is 6" 1 and 236 lbs and carries a 5th round grade.  I also expect him to fall lower than his grade.  He too is likely a two-down linebacker but unlike Barnes he is a solid special teams player on the coverage units. 

Paddy Fisher out of Northwestern is 6' 3" 240 lbs and carries a 6th round grade.  He is a solid run stuffing middle linebacker with plenty of zone experience.  Says Ourlads: "adept at finding the throwing lane, he causes hesitation in quarterback reads" and "makes plays on the ball with positioning".  

Erroll Thompson out of Mississippi State projects at Mike, carries a 6th round grade and is 6' and 254 lbs.  He is a physical linebacker with above average instincts and playmaking skill.  He is a traditional two-down Mike.

Rashard Ashby out of Virginia Tech carries a 7th round grade, projects at Mike and is 5' 10" 237 lbs.  He is a two-down linebacker and is solid against the run.  He is a good special teams player.

Tuf Borland (great name for a linebacker) out of Ohio State projects as a two-down Mike and carries a 7th round grade.   He is 6' 229 lbs.  

WILLS:

Garrett Wallow out of TCU carries a 5th round grade and projects at Will.  Adept at zone coverage Ourlads says: "he takes precise drops" and has a "feel for the throwing lanes".  He reroutes receivers and "causes some incomplete passes" that do not show up as PBUs.  He is a productive special team's player on the coverage units. 

Tony Fields out of West Virginia is 6' and 222 lbs.  He carries a 6th round grade and projects at Will.  A powerful tackler with sideline to sideline range. 

Nick Niemann out of Iowa is 6' 3" 237 lbs and carries a 6th round grade.  He projects at Will and SAM and has good wheels with 4.5 speed.  He is a demon special teams player.  The kind of guy who is hard to cut.  His brother Ben plays for the Chiefs.   

Isaiah McDuffie out of Boston College is 6' 1", 224 lbs and carries a 7th round grade.  He projects at Will.  Has sideline to sideline range and is good in zone coverage.  He is an outstanding special teams player. 

Isaiah Kaufusi (Yes, another Kaufusi!) out of BYU is 6' 1.5" and 220 lbs and projects at Will.  Good special teams player.  

Max Richardson out of Boston College is 5' 11" 230 and projects at Sam.   He is a quality special teams player.

Grant Stuard out of Houston is 5' 11" 230 lbs and projects at Sam.  he carries a 7th round grade and Ourlads says is a "terror on kick coverage units".

RUNNING BACKS:

Ken Gainwell is 5' 8" 200lbs with 4.47 speed and is a solid two-down back with a 3d round grade.   His speed game suits a wide zone scheme.  On third down you have to throw him the ball or split him out wide - he is very good at both.  We will not fool anybody into thinking he is going to stay in to block.  Said Ourlads "Poor blocker" and won't "move piles or "escape tackles".   Nevertheless, I like him but only as a bargain later in the draft.  Our 5th round pick or later.   

Chuba Hubbard is 6' 210 lbs with 4.5 speed and Ourlads says "would be an ideal fit for a zone-heavy rushing scheme".  A former world ranked 100 meter sprinter, he has that long speed that can "break off long runs" and "run away from all defenders".  His slender build makes him an ideal fit for a committee approach - this is not a bell cow.  His big play ability adds a dimension to our backfield.  Not a blocker or short yardage guy.  He carries a 4th round grade and I would grab him in the fifth if I can.  A good fit, is a good fit.

Elijah Mitchell is 5' 10" 215 but plays much bigger.  He has elite 4.35 speed but - despite that tremendous speed - is really a between the tackles workhorse.  A two-down back who neither blocks or catches well, he is a no nonsense north-south runner who fits a zone scheme as a one-cut runner to the hole.  He can help us and I would grab him in the 5th if we have not taken a back.

• Upvote 4