Who u like in Round 4?

Kenneth Gainwell. 

He's been one of my top 4 favorite backs behind Najee, Etienne and Williams. 

What I love about this kid is his ability to catch out of the backfield as a dual threat with A++ blazing speed for an RB and super elusive. Home Run threat who can bring it to the house any given play. Great in space and into the open field too. 

With Jax already addressing RB with Travis Etienne; Kenneth Gainwell is ripe for the picking and will be available with the 2nd pick of the 4th round. 

Remember Leon Washington? 

Kenneth Gainwell would immediately become an NY Jets household name; he's super electric. 

Kenneth Gainwell, Denzel Mims and Elijah Moore? That's a whole lot of speed on offense. 

QB: Zach Wilson. 

LT: Mekhi Becton. 

LG: Vera-Tucker. 

WR: Corey Davis. 

WR: Denzel Mims. 

WR: Elijah Moore. 

WR: Jamison Crowder. 

RB: Kenneth Gainwell. 

They'll be growing pains but it'll be fun to watch.  An offense with homegrown youth and speed everywhere. 

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, Morrissey said:

6 picks tomorrow.. lol

There aren't 6 players worth picking left to take.

I think there are.  Take Cox, Carter, Gainwell, Rumph, etc. at #107.  Come back with a CB later in Round 4, maybe Kary Vincent.

Use the two 5ths to trade back up into the 4th if they see someone else they want. Jordan Smith?

In Round 6 take a Kicker, either McPherson or the guy from Miami, and then grab the FB Ben Mason from Michigan to get a Kyle Juscyck-light for LaFleur’s system.

• Upvote 2

48 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Time to get a threat in the backfield.  With the 2nd pick in Round 4, Im taking Michael Carter rb unc.

Sorry dude, this team needs linebackers in the worst way.  Jebril Cox should be the pick.  We can address running back in the 5th or with our second 4th rounder. 

• Upvote 3

30 minutes ago, Ecuadorian Jet said:

my Day 3 favorites:

Brevin Jordan    TE Miami (FL)

Trey Smith    OG Tennessee
Jabril Cox        LB LSU
Michael Carter    RB North Carolina
Dylan Moses    LB Alabama
Kenneth Gainwell    RB Memphis
Deonte Brown    OG Alabama
Quincy Roche    EDGE Miami (FL)
Hamilcar Rashed Jr.    EDGE Oregon State
Caden Sterns    S Texas
Adrian Ealy    OT Oklahoma
Drake Jackson    OC Kentucky
Charles Snowden    LB Virginia
Tommy Doyle    OT Miami (OH)
Shaka Toney    EDGE Penn State
Trey Hill        OC Georgia
Nick Eubanks    TE Michigan
Landon Young    OT Kentucky
JaCoby Stevens    S LSU
Kary Vincent Jr.    CB LSU
Jack Anderson    OG Texas Tech
Alaric Jackson    OT Iowa
Israel Mukuamu    S South Carolina
Erroll Thompson    LB Mississippi State
Chris Rumph II    EDGE Duke

Let us come away with 3 or 4 from this group, in no particular order,  I will be a very happy camper. 

Jabril Cox
Kary Vincent
Deonte Brown/Trey Smith
Brevin Jordan
Dylan Moses
Carter/Gainwell

10 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Trey Smith @ Guard and TE Brevin Jordan out of Miami too.

but Kenneth Gainwell is the offensive home run kid I want. 

We need linebackers in the worst way, but if JD came out of the 4th with Gainwell/Hubbard along with Jordan, this would truly be a draft for the ages..... 

I thought an interesting question Douglas got asked after rd1 was whether he was more aggressive because the Covid context made it harder to eval players and created a situation where teams have confidence in fewer players - he pivoted in his answer, but seemed to acknowledge the premise. 

I think that's why we traded up and why we didn't mess around at 34. He got cute last year in r2 because he had confidence in how he felt about the board. 

Think it's also interesting as we look to tomorrow and where he goes next. 

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I think there are.  Take Cox, Carter, Gainwell, Rumph, etc. at #107.  Come back with a CB later in Round 4, maybe Kary Vincent.

Use the two 5ths to trade back up into the 4th if they see someone else they want. Jordan Smith?

In Round 6 take a Kicker, either McPherson or the guy from Miami, and then grab the FB Ben Mason from Michigan to get a Kyle Juscyck-light for LaFleur’s system.

dont know much about any of these guys but i do know i want a kicker.

cant stand another year with these kickers missing FGs and EX points left and right.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, nycdan said:

Didn't Trey Smith have a medical issue, blood clots maybe?  If so, is he draftable?

The blood clots were in 2018.  I do not think that is the issue.  Trey Smith is a heavy footed man blocker suited for a gap scheme.  He is not a fit for a zone scheme.  I would pass.

• Upvote 1

RB Chris Evans
RB Michael Carter
FB Ben Mason
OT Tommy Doyle
OT Landon Young
OT Dan Moore Jr.
OG Sedarius Hutcherson
OG Jared Hocker
EDGE Quincy Roche
EDGE Elerson Smith
EDGE Janarius Robinson
LB Jabril Cox
LB Dylan Moses
CB Marco Wilson

7 hours ago, Shockwave said:

I love Elerson but how do we not take Cox tomm?

he’s rated first everywhere? Do you guys think Jax takes him?

Jacksonville has Myles Jack at WILL right now and there was talk that Telvin Smith was going to return to the team this year (abruptly retired in 2019 after being a pro bowl LB - has some legal issues, etc) so im not sure if they need another cover LB or not.

If they pass on Jabril, id love to see JD take him as he really fills a need for us.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, TheClashFan said:

As a Vol alumnus, I'm biased and would like the Jets to draft Trey Smith.  However, he does have a potentially serious health issue involving blood clots in his lungs. IIRC, the problem was very serious back in 2018, and I think he takes blood thinners.

If his medical issue can be mitigated, he could be a steal.  

How would he fit a zone blocking scheme? He's not very agile.

9 hours ago, Morrissey said:

I'd probably take a corner and hope one of them hit.

Some options.

Tay Gowan CB
Thomas Graham Jr. CB
Tre Brown CB
Trill Williams CB

That's it - keep it simple with guys who's first names start with "T".

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, TheClashFan said:

As a Vol alumnus, I'm biased and would like the Jets to draft Trey Smith.  However, he does have a potentially serious health issue involving blood clots in his lungs. IIRC, the problem was very serious back in 2018, and I think he takes blood thinners.

If his medical issue can be mitigated, he could be a steal.  

The man is an animal on the field.  I'd love to grab him in the 5th if we were lucky enough to have him on the board still.  

I think we need a back and a tight end in round 4.  

Linebacker isn't the waste hole people think it is.  Cashman is the perfect WILL and can't be forever snakebitten with injuries.