Who u like in Round 4?

9 hours ago, JTJet said:

What's up with you guys wanting tiny running backs?

Give me Stevie Scott later in the draft. 

They are taking Ben  mason , later on,  Gainwell is not tiny he can be a 3 down back , its more about the system  and we already have acouple big backs ,need that pass catching rb   Gainwell is perfect  hes a 3rd round talent i had him as 4th best rb.  Can you imagine  mims, davis, e moore  running downfield and screens or slats to Gainwell. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Kenneth Gainwell. 

He's been one of my top 4 favorite backs behind Najee, Etienne and Williams. 

What I love about this kid is his ability to catch out of the backfield as a dual threat with A++ blazing speed for an RB and super elusive. Home Run threat who can bring it to the house any given play. Great in space and into the open field too. 

With Jax already addressing RB with Travis Etienne; Kenneth Gainwell is ripe for the picking and will be available with the 2nd pick of the 4th round. 

Remember Leon Washington? 

Kenneth Gainwell would immediately become an NY Jets household name; he's super electric. 

Kenneth Gainwell, Denzel Mims and Elijah Moore? That's a whole lot of speed on offense. 

QB: Zach Wilson. 

LT: Mekhi Becton. 

LG: Vera-Tucker. 

WR: Corey Davis. 

WR: Denzel Mims. 

WR: Elijah Moore. 

WR: Jamison Crowder. 

RB: Kenneth Gainwell. 

They'll be growing pains but it'll be fun to watch.  An offense with homegrown youth and speed everywhere. 

I want him. Notice whenever the first defender comes up to meet him, he always makes that first guy miss. 

As an aside, it was a bit tough to pick him out at first watching the film as his team has no less than six different uniforms. Ffs ...

• Upvote 1

Not familiar with the later round guys but still a bunch of guys I'd be happy to see us land.

Michael Carter - RB
Jabril Cox - LB
Amon-Ra St. Brown - WR
Rashad Weaver - Edge
Dylan Moses - LB
Brevin Jordan - TE
Kenneth Gainwell - RB
Quincy Roche - Edge
Kenny Yeboah - TE
Royce Newman - G
Drew Dalman - OC (project pick - needs a year of an NFL diet/weight training)

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Morrissey said:

6 picks tomorrow.. lol

There aren't 6 players worth picking left to take.

Really?.. maybe they should just stop the draft after 3 rds... . Because no picks after the 3rd rd ever make an impact... i dont think he makes all 6 , probably uses to move up a few spots.. 

This is our secondary:

Bless Austin Corey Ballentine Javelin Guidry Zane Lewis
Lamarcus Joyner Ashtyn Davis Elijah Campbell Bennett Jackson
Marcus Maye Saquan Hampton Q J.T. Hassell -
Bryce Hall Justin Hardee Kyron Brown Lamar Jackson

If we have to go dime, we are playing with fire.  If there is a guy who gives us upside potential to start or be first guy in as a sub, I think that's good place to focus.   Yes, we can look to bring in some FAs, but this unit could use some more attention.

• Upvote 1

Cox could be a rookie starter for the Jets. They need LBs and he's a fit. The RBs available would/could at least be a part of the RBBC rotation. Personally, I think LB is the more pressing need with fewer options available. That's the way I'd go here. 

There will be draftable RBs available later, and UDFA RBs, quite frankly. 

There are still good CBs available in free agency, wouldn't be surprised if the Jets have handshake deals with one or more of them. 

He's not done drafting OL, but it won't be at #107. 

• Upvote 2

Serious question.  Are any of the remaining RBs clearly better than Ty Johnson and Josh Adams?  Both showed flashes last year running behind a mostly awful OL.  If we were talking Najee Harris, sure. But at this point?  I think we would be hard pressed to create even marginal improvement.

8 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Serious question.  Are any of the remaining RBs clearly better than Ty Johnson and Josh Adams?  Both showed flashes last year running behind a mostly awful OL.  If we were talking Najee Harris, sure. But at this point?  I think we would be hard pressed to create even marginal improvement.

• Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, nycdan said:

I'm thinking DB is our most pressing need.  So here are a few names that I know too little about, roughly in order:

• Israel Mukuamu
  • Robert Rochell
  • Shakur Brown
  • Kary Vincent

Mukuamu has that Richard Sherman type size.  Could be a nice fit in Saleh's scheme.

Brown is very talented and a good man-cover guy.  A bit smaller than ideal though.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

At pick 4a, I'd like to see  RB Michael Carter or LB Jabril Cox.

At 4b, CB Israel Mukuama or LB  Dylan Moses.

Moses injury history is bad. I like the other names. Cox for me is 4a. Good in coverage which RS wants in his OLB. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

Mukuamu has that Richard Sherman type size.  Could be a nice fit in Saleh's scheme.

Brown is very talented and a good man-cover guy.  A bit smaller than ideal though.

Well at this point, they are all going to have a few warts.

Rochelle might be the most interesting guy as he might have the least concerns.

6' 0" 193 lbs.  4.39 40.  43" vertical.

Basically a great athlete.  Scheme and position flexibility.  Could play SS or CB.  He probably needs more work than the others and could be of limited use the first few weeks, but he might have the most upside.

• Upvote 3