The Official Draft Day 3 Thread

Kenneth Gainwell. 

Jax provided Trevor Lawrence with run game to fall back on as a rookie; by drafting a game changing 1st round RB in Travis Etienne (with Robinson already there). 

I'd love to see JD after protecting Wilson with Vera-Tucker and giving Wilson a Tyreek Hill type of electric Receiving weapon; also provide Wilson as a rookie with a HR threat of a RB in Kenneth Gainwell who's super fast as a dual threat back with catching ability. 

Keep surrounding this kid with an O-Line and playmaking offensive weapons and Zach Wilson could become special for us. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

I'd just like to see at least two CBs. There are at least too worth drafting no?

Let's go Joe great job so far!

Yesterday was great. I saw other lineman going in the third and wonder if we should have stayed out and had those thirds..but very happy with our players so far...

• Upvote 2

54 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Carter is the second best back in the draft class IMO. I know there’s some more depth there but I’m still shocked he’s there. He would definitely be an instant impact guy. I know we need defensive help but it’s tempting...

Thank you. Infinitely better back than Gainwell or Hubbard. Carter would thrive in a zone scheme.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

Jabril Cox ran a 4.5 40 and wwas one of the best cover LB in  college. They have to take him. We have no one signed at LB after next year that could do that. 

Absolutely.  Im nervous Jacksonville will but fingers crossed 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, choon328 said:

I'm looking at today a little differently. I think there is going to be some opportunities to add some veteran players who can fill important spots in the Jets depth chart for late rd picks. Keep in mind the Jets have 5-6th rd picks over the next 2 years. Here are some players that I think will be available:

QB Nick Foles (CHI)

TE David Njoku (CLE)

TE Hayden Hurst (ATL)

HB Keryon Johnson (DET)

HB Jeff Wilson (SF)

DE Dante Fowler Jr (ATL)

Edge Whitney Mercilus (HOU)

DE Marcus Davenport (NO)

CB Marshon Lattimore (NO)

CB Isaiah Oliver (ATL)

interesting thought, I'd trade a 6th for Njoku or Lattimore, but is that realistic?

We have 6 picks left and personally Id be happy if we traded up a few times in the the next three rounds to get players we want as the talent this year is weaker than in previous drafts. These are the players I'd target

Carter or gainwell at running back

Marco wilson at corner (shoe gate has made him drop)

Mason at FB

Fields LB

Gillespie safety

Tommaria Terry Wr (absolutely love this guy)

We are still developing Clark at guard so I can't see us taking anymore guards but I wouldn't mind Tommy Doyle at tackel to be a swing tackel of the future.

• Upvote 2

few guys i like heading into day 3

Jabril Cox

jordan Smith

Trill Williams 

Ben Mason

Michael Carter

Kenneth Gainwell

chuba Hubbard 

Royce Newman

Trey Smith

Brevin Jordan

Hamsah Nasirildeen

Tony Fields II

Zach McPherson 

Ellerson Smith

Rashad Weaver

Cameron McGrone

• Upvote 1

I know the Jets have been linked to guys like Jacoby Stevens, Trill Williams, Michael Carter, and some others in this area. But if Jabril Cox is there it would make a ton of sense to take him. Barring some injury or off-field issue I am unaware of, he gives you the best fit and value at the pick. He can also vie for a starting role as a Will before transitioning to Mike once we move on from Mosley because he is versatile enough to do that. 

I would put Michael Carter a close second as far as value + fit. He would be really special in this offensive scheme, albeit not as a bell-cow back. Maybe they get both guys in the 4th. However, I have the Jets targeting RB later on, so probably someone like Khalil Herbert or Jermar Jefferson in the 5th. There's a lot of talk of Kenneth Gainwell. But I don't think the Jets even met with him, and they looked at a lot of RBs. 

I can't imagine they target Trey Smith. He just seems like a poor fit. Jaylon Moore maybe if they want to double up on Guard. 

Kary Vincent Jr. and Elerson Smith are two names to watch out for.   

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, PepPep said:

I know the Jets have been linked to guys like Jacoby Stevens, Trill Williams, Michael Carter, and some others in this area. But if Jabril Cox is there it would make a ton of sense to take him. Barring some injury or off-field issue I am unaware of, he gives you the best fit and value at the pick. He can also vie for a starting role as a Will before transitioning to Mike once we move on from Mosley because he is versatile enough to do that. 

I would put Michael Carter a close second as far as value + fit. He would be really special in this offensive scheme, albeit not as a bell-cow back. Maybe they get both guys in the 4th. However, I have the Jets targeting RB later on, so probably someone like Khalil Herbert or Jermar Jefferson in the 5th. There's a lot of talk of Kenneth Gainwell. But I don't think the Jets even met with him, and they looked at a lot of RBs. 

I can't imagine they target Trey Smith. He just seems like a poor fit. Jaylon Moore maybe if they want to double up on Guard. 

Kary Vincent Jr. and Elerson Smith are two names to watch out for.   

Gainwell overachieved in college. He'll be pedestrian in the pro's. Ellerson Smith is also mediocre. But a great name.