The Official Draft Day 3 Thread

2 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

I've given Douglas a lot of sh*t but this has been a draft of redemption. This is what I was screaming for Mac to do 3 years ago.

Surrounding the QB with assets, stack the depth chart. Prioritise that while Wilson gets comfortable. The defence can wait. 

Same here....ironically the people on the JD bandwagon before are upset about trading up and no defense.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, freestater said:

With all these rookies, we're going to find out real soon what we have in Lafleur. Love this draft so far. One more lineman would give me the warm fuzzies all over, but so far so good. 

This.

Then feel free to draft all all the CB's, LB's and Edges you can handle with whatever picks are left.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

I love all the players we got.  But I do think next years draft we may focus on getting a top corner or even an edge since we are building our offense this draft 

Edge/Corner and a RT in round 1.

Edge/Corner and a C in round 2.  

Fill in later rounds with backers and BAPS 

1 minute ago, JiFapono said:

You think the GM that took Perrine in the 4th round last year, during a covid season to play for a HC that he fired largely for being totally inept on offense, is going to cut said player in his 2nd season playing in an offense that fits his skill set, extremely well?  lmfao  - I'm legitimately worried about you.

While I'm meh on Carter, it was more about the fact that I didnt like RB there as there are much bigger holes and needs to fill then RB.  It's not even so much about Carter, plug in a different RB, I still think it was the wrong position group to target with that pick and I dont think he's significantly better then the next 4-5 RB's on the board.

Maybe you need a nap?

Perine, from what I’ve read, is not a fit for the new scheme. Do you have any articles that say he will fit?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Not if we sign Sherman. 

He addresses that need for two years or so more than adequately, and can teach Saleh's system to the other DB's.

We'd still need CB depth and for the long future, but he's the short term answer for Saleh and Douglas, I'm convinced.

Short term absolutely but I still think we need at least one today 

Carter is fun. Feel like Ty Johnson is going to be battling Tevin Coleman for a roster spot unless they carry four, with Josh Adams as a long shot. And I kind of think Johnson might win that battle.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

Not if we sign Sherman. 

He addresses that need for two years or so more than adequately, and can teach Saleh's system to the other DB's.

We'd still need CB depth and for the long future, but he's the short term answer for Saleh and Douglas, I'm convinced.

Bring in Sherman. Use one of the 2022 1s or 2s on a premium corner next year. Done. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

He's a proven failure. Averaged less YPC than Josh Adams, Ty Johnson and the corpse of Frank Gore. 

Carter is infinitely better and will probably see Perine out the door.

Proven failure, as a rookie, on the worst offense in the NFL, playing for an unemployed HC, unemployed OC, with the worst QB in the NFL

Listen to yourself, you're hysterical.  Do you have a paper bag to breath into nearby? 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, freestater said:

With all these rookies, we're going to find out real soon what we have in Lafleur. Love this draft so far. One more lineman would give me the warm fuzzies all over, but so far so good. 

An OT or C to develop would be nice.  I forget his name, but the Stanford C is a bit undersized, would not be able to start right away, but could be a guy who gets a year in NFL weigh training program and could start in year 2.

Looked him up.  Drew Dalman.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

He's a proven failure. Averaged less YPC than Josh Adams, Ty Johnson and the corpse of Frank Gore. 

Carter is infinitely better and will probably see Perine out the door.

Proven failure?  Wow. What a guy. 

Two different type of RBs but you go rooting for failures.  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Strange observation, curious if anyone else has noticed just how many times the people announcing picks have messed up or stuttered through the year. 

A vast amount of attempted to say "in the two thousand and twenty one" but stopped halfway through to change it to "twenty twenty one" or vice versa. 

It's happened well over a dozen times. 

I once had to speak to 75 college professors and do math and almost died. It’s gotta be brutal up there. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

You think the GM that took Perrine in the 4th round last year, during a covid season to play for a HC that he fired largely for being totally inept on offense, is going to cut said player in his 2nd season playing in an offense that fits his skill set, extremely well....after drafting a QB, developing a new OL and WR group?    lmfao  - I'm legitimately worried about you.

While I'm meh on Carter, it was more about the fact that I didnt like RB there as there are much bigger holes and needs to fill then RB.  It's not even so much about Carter, plug in a different RB, I still think it was the wrong position group to target with that pick and I dont think he's significantly better then the next 4-5 RB's on the board.

Maybe you need a nap?

Ty Johnson comfortably outplayed him last year and has a far higher ceiling. The excuses apply to him too. In fact all of our backs outplayed Perine last year. He was terrible. Some of us seen it coming before the season, a back without any attributes is worthless. 

The sign of a good GM is one that doesn't persist with his own mistakes for the sake of his ego.

Carter, Coleman and Johnson will be the backs. Perine can kick rocks. He'll struggle to make another roster. 

Just now, TheClashFan said:

An OT or C to develop would be nice.  I forget his name, but the Stanford C is a bit undersized, would not be able to start right away, but could be a guy who gets a year in NFL weigh training program and could start in year 2.

Drew Dalman. Perfect fit for zone scheme 

• Upvote 4

Don’t buy the Perine odd man out stuff. Good dude and plays special teams. Maybe not an ideal fit but he’s a pretty ideal third back on the roster. They’ll have someone like Adams or Johnson on the PS to leapfrog him for carries in case of injury IMO but he’s too valuable not to stick.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Jets4Life1979 said:

U-MYxHJc_normal.jpg

The #Jets did invest a fourth-round pick in La’Mical Perine last year, but he’s not a great scheme fit in Mike LaFleur’s new offense. Scheme wants guys who can get to edge quick, then cut up the field. Wonder if he ends up being odd man out.

@JiFapono get this guy a paper bag too?

1 minute ago, TheClashFan said:

Dalman

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Shhh I’m looking forward to JiF and IrishJet killing each other

The LaMical Perine vs. Michael Carter wars are going to make the Penningtologists vs. Anti-Chad Militia look tame.

• Haha 4

Just now, KRL said:

Good job by Douglas but in reality it just shows how poorly we've supported
QB's in the past.  Its really not rocket science, you protect the QB and
give him playmaker options

We literally gave Sam nothing.  I’m glad we are at least giving Wilson the best chance to succeed.  As good  Mahomes is he had a ton of talent around him along with a world class coaches.  Without that the QB won’t succeed.  I’m glad we finally have a smart strategic GM 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Proven failure?  Wow. What a guy. 

Two different type of RBs but you go rooting for failures.  

He was the biggest reach in the entire draft last year. Don't worry though, you'll not be rooting for him much longer. 

• Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, British Jet said:

Bring in Sherman. Use one of the 2022 1s or 2s on a premium corner next year. Done. 

That’s absolutely what we should do at this point

We already have enough developmental guys on the team (Hall, Austin, Guidry, Jackson).

The odds are extremely slim that you’re going to land a CB at this point who can step in and start right away.

Might as well grab a LB, a TE and another OL.

I wouldn’t be shocked either if Douglas trades one or two of these picks for some veteran help.