The Official Draft Day 3 Thread

2 minutes ago, Larz said:

I once had to speak to 75 college professors and do math and almost died. It’s gotta be brutal up there. 

Sure I get it, but I find it quite strange 20+ people stutter on the exact same part. Curious if it's written strangely on the card? 

Oh the things that keep me up at night lol. 

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

There’s a huge downside to this draft. It clearly means that the world is ending. The Jets drafting all offense to this point and supporting a young Rookie QB is the equivalent of “when pigs fly”. We are all completely f*cked now.......

How ripe are these pigs ...? :-) 

• Haha 1

Just now, JTJet said:

Sure I get it, but I find it quite strange 20+ people stutter on the exact same part. Curious if it's written strangely on the card? 

Maybe they've all been drinking the same moonshine that Goodel does?

6 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Proven failure?  Wow. What a guy. 

Two different type of RBs but you go rooting for failures.  

We now have five (5) ball carrying tailbacks.

How about we all agree "let the best three guys win the jobs" and let competition take it from there. :)

• Upvote 2

Just now, Paradis said:

Thank god for Carter. Would have preferred Gainwell (he’s still there right?) but elated we went with Michael over some of the other names we were attached to, Hawkins, Herbert etc

I think Gainwell’s pre draft work outs are hurting him right now.  He didn’t test great and it’s pushing him down some. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

That’s absolutely what we should do at this point

We already have enough developmental guys on the team (Hall, Austin, Guidry, Jackson).

The odds are extremely slim that you’re going to land a CB at this point who can step in and start right away.

Might as well grab a LB, a TE and another OL.

I wouldn’t be shocked either if Douglas trades one or two of these picks for some veteran help.

I’m hoping we just keep our high picks and keep building through the draft.  I don’t mind using one of them to trade up maybe but having so many young high end players on rookie contracts is huge 

8 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Probably written "Two Thousand and Twenty-One", but it's natural people want to say "Twenty-Twenty-One".

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

We literally gave Sam nothing.  I’m glad we are at least giving Wilson the best chance to succeed.  As good  Mahomes is he had a ton of talent around him along with a world class coaches.  Without that the QB won’t succeed.  I’m glad we finally have a smart strategic GM 

Well he wasn’t so smart the last 2 years. I feel JD is learning from his mistakes which is a very positive sign 

13 minutes ago, undertow said:

Same here....ironically the people on the JD bandwagon before are upset about trading up and no defense.

You seem to care far more about the other people who post here than the team. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, JetsYanks13 said:

When is our next pick in the 4th?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

New York Jets 2021 NFL Draft Picks:
  • Round 1: No. 2 – Zach Wilson, QB, BYU.
  • Round 1: No. 13 (from MIN) – Alijah Vera-Tucker, OL, USC.
  • Round 2: No. 34 – Elijah Moore, WR, Ole Miss
  • Round 4: No. 107. Michael Carter RB, NC 
  • Round 4: No. 143.
  • Round 5: No. 146.
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Thank god for Carter. Would have preferred Gainwell (he’s still there right?) but elated we went with Michael over some of the other names we were attached to, Hawkins, Herbert etc

Honestly surprised about Gainwell. I know Carters short shuttle and 3 Cone are ELITE, but I'd prefer a 4.4 40 from a guy his size at RB.

I'm just thrilled with this draft though.  Its clear JD is done with watching a stagnant and boring Offense. 

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Perine, from what I’ve read, is not a fit for the new scheme. Do you have any articles that say he will fit?

Dan Mullen run game is all about outside and stretch zone schemes.  Perrine excelled.  He was an every down back, did everything, 3rd down beast, incredible out of the back field.  Seems like a much better fit from the antiquated, lack of motion, play action, style of zone scheme that Gase ran.

• Upvote 1