The Official Draft Day 3 Thread

17 minutes ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

I may not have done exactly what JD did, but there is no question that i feel good that all these guys are going to impact our offense next year AND still have higher ceilings to be pro bowl level talent. High floors, high ceilings, that’s the right way to do it. 

I'm just stoked he's going YOLO offense.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

@Paradis is pick 143 too early for Davidson?  They have 146 and 154 in the 5th.  

Well you know my answer to that!  If Adam Trautman can get selected in 3rd, I think back of the 4th sounds good to me.

I didn't know that Gainwell struggled some in testing this past few months. Was surprised to say the least that he's still there.

• Upvote 2

56 minutes ago, fullblast said:

Yeah, I think they brought Coleman in with the idea that they’d pass on RB this year. They’ve got the veteran now along with a few young bucks in Perine, Johnson and Adams. RB room looks pretty complete to me if not spectacular.

So much for that

16 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

He was the biggest reach in the entire draft last year. Don't worry though, you'll not be rooting for him much longer. 

The Jets drafted QB in the 4th round last year who could not dress in the worst QB room in the NFL, even when their starter was injured.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Ok still was my top target.  I’m happy with Carter though. I think it’s time to go defense hopefully corner 

Absolutely has to be corner, I don't mind if we only take 1 defensive player in this draft but it has to be a corner.

1 minute ago, sec101row23 said:

Zero chance Perine is cut.  There will be at least 4 RBs on the 53 man.  

There’s no need to either. People are going ape ****, we finally have depth for the first time instead of guys starting who don’t have any business starting in the nfl. you don’t just cut them unless you have to when you have promising players. 

Perine isn’t my cup of tea, but the one cut hit the hole hard runner is what this system is designed for. 

• Upvote 3

PFN on RB Carter:

Michael Carter

RB North Carolina

Positives

Shifty, elusive ball carrier with a complete game. Runs with excellent lean and displays terrific vision as well as the agility and quickness necessary to turn the corner. Multi-cut ball carrier who makes several defenders miss over the course of a single run and leaves opponents grasping at air. Displays himself as a legitimate perimeter ball carrier, has a burst of speed, and quickly turns upfield, immediately getting through the lanes. Keeps his feet moving, keeps the play in bounds and works runs. Consistently runs north and south and works to pick up as much yardage as possible carrying the ball. Patient, shows great awareness and breaks down as a blocker. Stays square and gives effort blocking. Helps the quarterback sell ball fakes. Terrific pass catcher out of the backfield who finds the soft spot in the defense and works to become a free target. 

Negatives

Not a big back who is going to pick up yardage off initial contact. Possesses more of a burst of speed and will not run to daylight. Used on a rotational basis at North Carolina.

Analysis

Carter is a terrific running back who is effective carrying the ball, catching it out of the backfield or blocking when called upon. He's a situational or rotational back with outstanding quickness who should do well in third-down situations.

• Upvote 3

New York Jets 2021 NFL Draft Picks:

• Round 1: No. 2 – Zach Wilson, QB, BYU
  • Round 1: No. 13 (from MIN) – Alijah Vera-Tucker, OL, USC
  • Round 2: No. 34 – Elijah Moore, WR, Ole Miss
  • Round 4: No. 107 – Michael Carter, RB, North Carolina 
  • Round 4: No. 143
  • Round 5: No. 146 
  • Round 5: No. 154 
  • Round 6: No. 186 

Just now, whodeawhodat said:

Don’t we have a second 6th?

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

PFN on RB Carter:

Michael Carter

RB North Carolina

Positives

Shifty, elusive ball carrier with a complete game. Runs with excellent lean and displays terrific vision as well as the agility and quickness necessary to turn the corner. Multi-cut ball carrier who makes several defenders miss over the course of a single run and leaves opponents grasping at air. Displays himself as a legitimate perimeter ball carrier, has a burst of speed, and quickly turns upfield, immediately getting through the lanes. Keeps his feet moving, keeps the play in bounds and works runs. Consistently runs north and south and works to pick up as much yardage as possible carrying the ball. Patient, shows great awareness and breaks down as a blocker. Stays square and gives effort blocking. Helps the quarterback sell ball fakes. Terrific pass catcher out of the backfield who finds the soft spot in the defense and works to become a free target. 

Negatives

Not a big back who is going to pick up yardage off initial contact. Possesses more of a burst of speed and will not run to daylight. Used on a rotational basis at North Carolina.

Analysis

Carter is a terrific running back who is effective carrying the ball, catching it out of the backfield or blocking when called upon. He's a situational or rotational back with outstanding quickness who should do well in third-down situations.

Coincidence that the Jets had Leon make the pick?

I think NOT! ? 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, whodeawhodat said:

Round 1 pick was 14 not 13 I made the same mistake. 

6 minutes ago, Pac said:

Just take the L.  IJ pwned you this round..  come back stronger in the 5th.

/////adds  Pac on the list of posters (him and IJ) who think Perrine is getting cut by the GM that took him the same round as Carter just last season

4 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Hmmm, his NFL.com draft profile has him going undrafted, so I don't see JD using a pick on him.

I saw that. I saw other sites rate him higher. He’s suited for zone scheme. Read his profile. Leader. Film room guy. “Loves ball”

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Pac said:

6th round draft whoever best K in college was.  Thats one spot Douglas has botched the last couple years.

Lol I don’t want JD anywhere near kicker decision. Not his strong suit. Maybe we get a consultant for that lol

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, C Mart said:

I saw that. I saw other sites rate him higher. He’s suited for zone scheme. Read his profile. Leader. Film room guy. Loves “ball”

He's overachieved and will have to do again.  Like Dalman, he's probably unplayable his first year...but once he gets in an NFL weight room and adds functional strength, he could do well.  He's got all the smarts, leadership, and intangibles you want in a starting C.

• Upvote 2