The Official Draft Day 3 Thread

1 minute ago, Jets723 said:

Why does it make you so upset?  At this point the more picks you have the better chances you have at hitting on some guys 

dude im not upset about anything stop taking everything so seriously...learn to laugh.  this is the area you wanna trade down at....not when theres premium picks on the board.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

That's pretty bizarre. I guess we're just going for quantity at this point.

Suggests there's nothing out there that we're really high on that may have slipped. 

Lot of GOOD players out there still. We need bodies to gut this roster.  Its Spring Cleaning Baby. 

Just now, Beerfish said:

I can't help thinking that when these trade backs happen now someone the jets would have picked got chose not long before their pick.

As opposed to trading back when a player they covet is on the board?

Just now, RutgersJetFan said:

I love it. This draft is no man’s land from here on out. Hang your hat on probability and call it a day.

Totally agree. There’s a ton of stuff they can address, too. Including some smaller needs like fullback and kicker that are nice to address late.

On offense I think another OL and TE on the table.

Defense pretty much everything is live. Corner, safety, think they need at least one linebacker, edge...

4 minutes ago, SackExchangeNYJ said:

So this tells us a ton about Douglas' philosophy. It is even clearer this year.

Top of the draft, you seek out elite talent on your board, and do what you need to do to get it. Bottom of the draft, you go for quantity, and take as many shots as the dark horse as you can. Makes sense, honestly.

It seems to me it changes depending on what his personal board looks like....what this draft has taught me is hes flexible and not married to any philosophy. ....thankfully.

• Upvote 2