The Official Draft Day 3 Thread

Just now, greengeek said:

Seems to me that our defensive picks are awfully “cute” (S at LB, S at CB). Do you think this is reflective of a having defensive HC? Conventional wisdom on offensive picks and out-of-the-box on defensive picks. At least this “creativity” is exercised in the later rounds (i.e. no Louisville Sluggers).

Role players in later rounds where they don’t see clear cut starters.  Cheap ST guys.

• Sympathy 1

I hate this trade down stuff.  Players are not grades.  They are people. You pick the people you like.  

JD traded down last year and ended up zero with 4 players in rounds 3 and 4 and went from 7 to 2 wins.  He is doing it again. 

You don’t trade down with the Chiefs.  How do you come out looking good from that?  I would have taken Noah Gray. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

I feel like Sherwood is going to surprise people here as a LB. He is def a dawg and prob sees the field alot more then people think. Great football character. Thats going to be a good pick. 

I don't like the Carter pick. However look at the moves. We traded down now twice and its the jets clearly have "X" amount of draftable players left. We clearly rank all of them close now. So the Jets went and chose a Team captain with 4.3 speed in a position of need. I get it. 

Ill take all high RAS guys that are team captains now and trust the staff to coach them. We are at pick 160. Some of these guys dont even make teams. 

• Upvote 2

Here's our LB group right now

• xx - Jarrad Davis 6'1" 245 Florida (ILB)  - Free Agent Signing from Lions
  • 47 - Bryce Huff 6'3" 255 Memphis (OLB)  (Signed Thru 2022)
  • 57 - CJ Mosley 6'2" 250 Alabama (ILB)     (2020 Opt Out) (Signed Thru 2024)
  • 53 - Blake Cashman 6'1" 237 Minnesota (ILB)    (Signed Thru 2022)
  •   x - Jamien Sherwood  6'2" 216 Auburn (OLB / S?)) (2021 Draft Pick - 5th Round)  
  • xx - Del'Shawn Phillips 6'2" 230 Illinois (LB)  - Veteran "Street" Free Agent
  • 54 - Sharif Finch 6'4" 250 Temple (LB)    (Signed Thru Unknown)
  • 56 - Noah Dawkins 6'1" 235 Citadel (LB)     (Reserve Future Contract)
  • xx - John Daka 6'2" 225 James Madison (OLB)     (Reserve Future Contract)

MAYBE they bring back Neville Hewitt and/or Harvey Langi - that would make sense at this point

• Haha 1

Still a lot of value at CB here.

There's a couple of WRs that I like. Shi Smith, Dax Milne, a few others.

This is where I'd grab one of those Centers that I've been yapping about. Could also see us going Deonte Brown or Trey Smith.

I like a couple of these late EDGE players, like Toney and Dimukeje.

Mason or Davidson. 

• Upvote 1